RavensClaw

The Darkness Within

This original post is very old, yet very relevant for the Witch. There is much here to agree with I'm finding. I'm inclined to believe that as one's path turns and twists on it's own, it's still a path none the less. The Witch is the initiator of the path, but the path with in it's own right, takes on a life of it's own with the many variables upon the path's nature of light and darkness. Why wouldn't it ? It gives the Witch choices to make, on his/her own, for one's self, until a choice is made by the Witch to activate that path's energy so to speak, the Witch is stagnant. I do believe that balance is a key, and if what the path is showing one, resonates within, its beneficial for the Witch to tap that energy and utilize it in some inner workings. Since the Witch was the initiator to begin with, by taking one step. I don't know about you all, but I'm not in some helicopter seeing the above view of my path, knowing begining to end, I'm on the path in a walk realm. So I don't get all knicker twisted, when my vision gets smaller in this regard, because of the choices my corporal self made, I embrace my challanges as well as my humilities.

Regards,

Gypsy

• Upvote 3

This original post is very old, yet very relevant for the Witch. There is much here to agree with I'm finding. I'm inclined to believe that as one's path turns and twists on it's own, it's still a path none the less. The Witch is the initiator of the path, but the path with in it's own right, takes on a life of it's own with the many variables upon the path's nature of light and darkness. Why wouldn't it ? It gives the Witch choices to make, on his/her own, for one's self, until a choice is made by the Witch to activate that path's energy so to speak, the Witch is stagnant. I do believe that balance is a key, and if what the path is showing one, resonates within, its beneficial for the Witch to tap that energy and utilize it in some inner workings. Since the Witch was the initiator to begin with, by taking one step. I don't know about you all, but I'm not in some helicopter seeing the above view of my path, knowing begining to end, I'm on the path in a walk realm. So I don't get all knicker twisted, when my vision gets smaller in this regard, because of the choices my corporal self made, I embrace my challanges as well as my humilities.

Regards,

Gypsy

This was beautifully said, CG! Both your and Whiterose's posts resonate with me deeply (even gave me the "tingles", lol). Thank you, both, for shedding a bit more light on some of what I have been experiencing in recent months. **big sloppy kisses**

Ejfinch & CG.

I agree whole haertedly with what has been explained in this vital and educational thread. I have taken ages to read every entry and can sympathise with those who have discovered the TW path and then reallise that there are no quick fix routes to gaining important knowledge. This is why every comment, opinion and observation on this forum is worth its weight in gold.

There are just too many of you on this thread to thank for your guidance in this Darkness within post. I myself have always been alittle bit wary of quite what I am capable of thinking about people/issues etc. I ws always bought up by my parents to only think 'nice thoughts'. This unfortunately has never come naturally to me. I know from experience now that this caused me to slide into depression and feeling completely unworthy.

When I discovered the TW path, I discovered that all facets of your personality and spirital self should be accepted and that balance is the key. It resonates with me whaqt was said by CG, not to beat yourself up over what might be regarded as the wrong decision. There are no real wrong turning in life, it just leads to another path.

Thank you all for your light and your darkness :grouphug:

Regards,

Gypsy

beautifully put CG,

it is better to be walk your path (rather than taking the helicopter approach!), unaware at times as to what lies ahead and dealing with the highs and lows as they arrive.

Its the difference between standing barefoot at the edge of the sea and feeling the waves wash over as they roll in and out, compared to watching the waves from afar from the road side car park.

Guest Elfyd

All,

Forgive me for jumping in on this old topic, it just drew me in. Now I am here I will state that the words of Gypsy and whiterose were very moving and poignant, but I think we have come to expect that by now!

My thoughts were drawn to an event that changed my life and place. For a long time now I have been noticing a theme of other posters (some resident to this site) wherein they state that their witch/craft lives are a result of their inner workings their time spent within. This used to baffle me, surely we learn in mundania how to access those things at hand. in reach, shown to us and worked with daily? Is not the advanced path one that we have to get to first before we can utilise it? Well, one day, the penny dropped, the obvious showed itself and since then yours truly has been given a perspective not achieved by many. It really does start from within. All the reading and experiments are fine but it is the ego-less self and the realisation that we have all in us the spark of divinity wishing to be allowed to set a fire in our lives.

A fire in the belly is a nice anecdote, one used often, for me it is a different metaphor.

May all your fires burn bright.

FFFF

Elf

edited by me because my degree in English Language was from the MU

Edited by Elfyd

All,

Forgive me for jumping in on this old topic, it just drew me in. Like a moth to a flame.... lol !

My thoughts were drawn to an event that changed my life and place. For a long time now I have been noticing a theme of other posters (some resident to this site) wherein they state that their witch/craft lives are a result of their inner workings their time spent within. This used to baffle me, surely we learn in mundania how to access those things at hand. in reach, shown to us and worked with daily? Not as easy as you may think, some of the easiest things that would work for another, is difficult for another to obtain. Myself, it took me years to learn how to simply meditate, much to my bemoaning here on the forum with advice from the others here for it was simple for them, but so hard for me. I finally found something that clicked with me, so I'm not such a whiner about the techniques anymore.

Is not the advanced path one that we have to get to first before we can utilise it? Well, one day, the penny dropped, the obvious showed itself and since then yours truly has been given a perspective not achieved by many. It really does start from within. I agree, it does start from within. Yet it doesn't stop there, the Witch has to embrace the confidence of her/himself and let go of the doubt he/she would entertain in that perspective that what is the desire to achieve.... has already been achieved.

All the reading and experiments are fine but it is the ego-less self and the realisation that we have all in us the spark of divinity wishing to be allowed to set a fire in our lives. Nice analogy here Sir Elf, these older posts are very relevent to the new members desiring to connect with truths of others. Since these posts can be acessed by the new members. I like when they are brought up, and another can resonate with them. Hell they just " fan " the fire back, from it's smouldering state, and with that, is illumination or as Orchid Moon put it

" worth it's weight in gold ". Gold is shiney......... another form of illumination. :thumbsup:

A fire in the belly is a nice anecdote, one used often, for me it is a different metaphor.

May all your fires burn bright.

FFFF

Elf

edited by me because my degree in English Language was from the MU

Regards,

Gypsy

Guest Elfyd

Gypsy-type person,

Meditation for me is easy, given a quiet, safe and comfortable place to settle. Often finding the time can be challenging but worthwhile. Meditation was something I looked into during by foray into Hindi/Budhism, I found that the Tamil way was the easiest for me to adapt to. When entering my Strgheria time I utilised meditation to my circle-work. then as I suffered my second bout of depression I decided that Prozac was not the answer this time. I meditated daily, and the result was amazing and lasting.

Regardless of what the majority of TWers and their site admins say of the worthiness of wicca, i will tell you that during this period I became a happier and more contented and positive individual, the meditation stared this recovery and fro then it was carried by my beginning of a spiritual awakening leading me to where I am now.

Once again, the roads has many twists and turns, the journey continues on though as meditation in its adaptation to working inside shows.

May your camel never get the hump.

FFFF

Elf

Gypsy-type person,

Meditation for me is easy, given a quiet, safe and comfortable place to settle. Often finding the time can be challenging but worthwhile. Meditation was something I looked into during by foray into Hindi/Budhism, I found that the Tamil way was the easiest for me to adapt to. When entering my Strgheria time I utilised meditation to my circle-work. then as I suffered my second bout of depression I decided that Prozac was not the answer this time. I meditated daily, and the result was amazing and lasting.

Regardless of what the majority of TWers and their site admins say of the worthiness of wicca, i will tell you that during this period I became a happier and more contented and positive individual, the meditation stared this recovery and fro then it was carried by my beginning of a spiritual awakening leading me to where I am now.

Once again, the roads has many twists and turns, the journey continues on though as meditation in its adaptation to working inside shows.

FFFF

Elf

Yes Elfyd,

The path does indeed have many twists and turns, thats why its called the 'Crooked Path'.

Regards,

Ahrazura

Gypsy-type person,

FFFF

Elf

I just noticed your reference to Stregheria Elfyd, I take it from you wording you don't still practice it? There was a thread awhile back we were looking for someone on TW who is knowledgeable in Stregheria.

Guest Elfyd

I just noticed your reference to Stregheria Elfyd, I take it from you wording you don't still practice it? There was a thread awhile back we were looking for someone on TW who is knowledgeable in Stregheria.

Aloe,

I do not know if I am knowledgeable in ANYTHING, i know stuff, i have experiences. memories and I tend to learn something eventually from my many mistakes and wrong roads taken. During the time I spent in Stregheria I did delve into the lore and practice, I found many aspects of this walk to be of great value to me as a person and a "witch" and still utilise some. There are many aspects of this path that dovetail with our TW and I believe that Ahrazura could give you a far more balanced and worthy perspective of the roots of each being intertwined. One aspect involves the reverence of the dead, something very integral to TW.

I do not practice Stregheria now although as mentioned i have assimilated some aspects and still feel a connection to Diana and Aradia, Queen of the Witches.

If there is something I can help with I shall try to assist from my limited capacity.

FFFF

Elf

Edited by Elfyd

Aloe,

I do not know if I am knowledgeable in ANYTHING, i know stuff, i have experiences. memories and I tend to learn something eventually from my many mistakes and wrong roads taken. During the time I spent in Stregheria I did delve into the lore and practice, I found many aspects of this walk to be of great value to me as a person and a "witch" and still utilise some. There are many aspects of this path that dovetail with our TW and I believe that Ahrazura could give you a far more balanced and worthy perspective of the roots of each being intertwined. One aspect involves the reverence of the dead, something very integral to TW.

I do not practice Stregheria now although as mentioned i have assimilated some aspects and still feel a connection to Diana and Aradia, Queen of the Witches.

If there is something I can help with I shall try to assist from my limited capacity.

FFFF

Elf

I was looking for that thread, and it looks like its been moved to the private section. The question was in regards to a video of a Stregha (sp) witch who was doing a house cleansing by invoking the elements. None of us had saw that done before if I remember right, and we wondered if it was a Stregha practice? (Thanks for offering to share btw.)

read this topic from the beginning, took me aaages lol! how do you distinguist between light and dark energy? To me energy is just energy, I can't feel a different between two types. Granted, I'm just a beginner, but how do you guys feel the difference?

read this topic from the beginning, took me aaages lol! I know ! lol, it's rather " meaty " within itself. I looked at every line, and ones that I could conceptualize, I wrote it down, just to follow the menu of the thought process ! LOL !

how do you distinguist between light and dark energy? To me energy is just energy, I can't feel a different between two types. It is, yet for me it's the intensity, coupled with my own engery depending on what the nature of what I'm casting at the time, and what small cache of tools, I'm incorporating within the forces or currents happening at that time/space.

Granted, I'm just a beginner, but how do you guys feel the difference? Ask yourself this, " why is it, when I go to that cool park with the cave, and stream ( Stone Post ) to summon a stone to me, what is it that I feel, and where do I feel it originating, is it in my mind, my pschye, or my flesh ? " It's all around you, you just need to touch it. :thumbsup: Tap it, embrace it.

Regards,

Gypsy

Guest Elfyd

I suppose that a lot depends on if all here are Animists.

The "Traditional Witch" is in harmony with the spirament which has no shade and as such "light" and "dark" with reference to energy is a moot point.

CG-nice, valid and thoughtful post as ever.

FFFF

Elf

I suppose that a lot depends on if all here are Animists.

The "Traditional Witch" is in harmony with the spirament which has no shade and as such "light" and "dark" with reference to energy is a moot point.

CG-nice, valid and thoughtful post as ever.

FFFF

Elf

I find myself agreeing with Elfyd. There is energy. It is light. It is dark. It is both. It is neither. I am light, dark, both and neither. I feel no personal need to make a distinction.

Jevne

read this topic from the beginning, took me aaages lol! how do you distinguist between light and dark energy? To me energy is just energy, I can't feel a different between two types. Granted, I'm just a beginner, but how do you guys feel the difference?

I'd say yes, energy is just energy; however, you're talking about unadulterated energy. Most places you go or places/things from which one will feel energy it will (to me) have aspects of light and/or dark (gray? lol). Most energy other than some specifically pulled from "the universe" (for lack of a better term as I happen to hate that cliche, lol) will be adulterated. You walk into a house and feel the energy of the place - it will be "light or dark" (or a mix of both) depending on the people who have gone there before you and left their mark. You go to a cave and you may well feel dark and angry energy from the land spirit if there's the remnants of 7 years worth or discarded beer bottles left by beach-goes who used it for parties. Or you may feel dead energy if the spirit of the cave just said "fuck this" and went deep into a sleep. If you touched my arm and felt energy coming from me it would feel lighter or darker depending on how stressful was my day. If someone sent you energy it would feel lighter or darker (I think that not often would one find complete dark or complete light) depending on whether they were sending you healing energy or cursing you. Most energy will have a dark or light taint to it depending on the thing from which you are sensing the energy and the origin of the energy. Energy pulled in for a spell, or pulled into the self (depending on where you choose to pull it from) will be what you make of it. All energy is simply energy and will be made darker or lighter by what and who is affecting it. It is good to learn to get a sense of energy so if you run into entities or spirits it will help you get a feel for their nature and how much you can or can't trust them. Ever walk into a friend's house and he and his girlfriend are sitting on the couch watching TV? They look normal, the scene looks normal, but you can feel all this tension in the air and you know they were in the middle of the argument from hell and you just interrupted it and the being civil to each other is just a show since they have company. Sensing energy is like that.

M

I'd say yes, energy is just energy; however, you're talking about unadulterated energy. Most places you go or places/things from which one will feel energy it will (to me) have aspects of light and/or dark (gray? lol). Most energy other than some specifically pulled from "the universe" (for lack of a better term as I happen to hate that cliche, lol) will be adulterated. You walk into a house and feel the energy of the place - it will be "light or dark" (or a mix of both) depending on the people who have gone there before you and left their mark. You go to a cave and you may well feel dark and angry energy from the land spirit if there's the remnants of 7 years worth or discarded beer bottles left by beach-goes who used it for parties. Or you may feel dead energy if the spirit of the cave just said "fuck this" and went deep into a sleep. If you touched my arm and felt energy coming from me it would feel lighter or darker depending on how stressful was my day. If someone sent you energy it would feel lighter or darker (I think that not often would one find complete dark or complete light) depending on whether they were sending you healing energy or cursing you. Most energy will have a dark or light taint to it depending on the thing from which you are sensing the energy and the origin of the energy. Energy pulled in for a spell, or pulled into the self (depending on where you choose to pull it from) will be what you make of it. All energy is simply energy and will be made darker or lighter by what and who is affecting it. It is good to learn to get a sense of energy so if you run into entities or spirits it will help you get a feel for their nature and how much you can or can't trust them. Ever walk into a friend's house and he and his girlfriend are sitting on the couch watching TV? They look normal, the scene looks normal, but you can feel all this tension in the air and you know they were in the middle of the argument from hell and you just interrupted it and the being civil to each other is just a show since they have company. Sensing energy is like that.

M

so are you saying that energy in its pure form is 'colourless' and that the light/dark is something that is imprinted by people. I was assuming that this meant raw pure energy has aspects of light/dark. I think if i was to notice a awkward situation between people, it'd be more likely for me personally to pick up on body lanuage and this that can be observed rather than picking up on energy - I think i'm better at analysing people that way. Unless i'm just picking up on it subconciously lol

so are you saying that energy in its pure form is 'colourless' and that the light/dark is something that is imprinted by people. I was assuming that this meant raw pure energy has aspects of light/dark. I think if i was to notice a awkward situation between people, it'd be more likely for me personally to pick up on body lanuage and this that can be observed rather than picking up on energy - I think i'm better at analysing people that way. Unless i'm just picking up on it subconciously lol

I would concur with this and agree with my Peers, that the energy is colourless and without form. It's interesting to me that you and other talented folks can " read " people's body languages much more better than I can, it's a talent/tool, I hope to aspire to better my options, and those that one is " reading either subconciously or conciously have... " form ". I can read 4 legged beings, much better than 2 legged ones..lol

Regards,

Gypsy

Guest Elfyd

Gypsy,

I was taught early on that one of the fundamentals of witchery was the innate ability to "read" people. It is my belief that we have this gift in our makeup of ones who have heard the call of Diana. Hecate or one's personal tradition deific figure. I know that I have had the gift since a kid, it is a valuable gift too, we can ride this to our ends. In your instance I believe you will find that it is hidden away in some personal box labelled "programming" relax into it, let it come to the fore.

Michele, very well said.

FFFF

Elf

so are you saying that energy in its pure form is 'colourless' and that the light/dark is something that is imprinted by people.

I'd say yes (as of my current knowledge) but drop off the last two words. People can and do, but it's not always people. Entities, spirits, the land, etc., also have energy and excude energy and can have a positive or negative "attitude." Re feeling people and reading their body language - try closing your eyes and then seeing if you can sense it. Sometimes if you block out the sense we usually rely on the most the other ones come through.

M

Gypsy,

I was taught early on that one of the fundamentals of witchery was the innate ability to "read" people. It is my belief that we have this gift in our makeup of ones who have heard the call of Diana. Hecate or one's personal tradition deific figure. I know that I have had the gift since a kid, it is a valuable gift too, we can ride this to our ends. In your instance I believe you will find that it is hidden away in some personal box labelled "programming" relax into it, let it come to the fore.

Michele, very well said.

FFFF

Elf

Sir Elf,

Sadly I didn't have anybody to teach me when I was younger. The closest people I had, was my Father, and while he was very aware of the Old Religion, he would only quip about things, mixed in Gaelige and English, so over my head it went. I did get better at it with my career, watching people, discerning their body language it was taught by the instructors ,one way, then another, and yet another, as previous teachings didn't apply to just other people. I'll site an example.

"The Flight Attendent will physically lower oneself, and not have his/her head above the passenger when negotiating with the passenger who is upset. This must be done discreetly, and professionally at all times. "

Well that worked for a time, untill the flight attendant got kicked in the face or got his/her collar bone broken, by the passenger while in negotiations with the passenger. Right now currently I am unprogramming much in my psyche and this is on my to-do list. Meditation ranked higher, as for me, that was a difficult process for me to secure.

Regards,

Gypsy

Babooshka,

I believe that how you sense energy depends on your particular orientation to the world. I was talking to a friend today about how we recognize other Witches, and she said that she "smells" it on them. Within about 10 feet or so, Witches have a certain smell to her; a very Earthy smell. She can distinguish from smell what kind of person someone is, too. Sometimes, we will walk past a person, and she will say they smell bad. I don't smell a thing, but she swears she tell from the smell if they are not good people. It's kinda strange, but I shouldn't be surprised because I can hear things in people's voices. I know when they are lying, when they are sad, etc. Seeing the colors of energy is probably a similar gift.

Jevne

Babooshka,

I believe that how you sense energy depends on your particular orientation to the world. I was talking to a friend today about how we recognize other Witches, and she said that she "smells" it on them. Within about 10 feet or so, Witches have a certain smell to her; a very Earthy smell. She can distinguish from smell what kind of person someone is, too. Sometimes, we will walk past a person, and she will say they smell bad. I don't smell a thing, but she swears she tell from the smell if they are not good people. It's kinda strange, but I shouldn't be surprised because I can hear things in people's voices. I know when they are lying, when they are sad, etc. Seeing the colors of energy is probably a similar gift.

Jevne

Wow Jevne, I share that with your friend. I've never met anyone else with the smell thing. I mentioned it on a thread here a while ago. I can even smell some people by looking at them on a photograph or on TV. It's not a conventional range of scents like: Flowers= Nice / Rotting meat=Nasty. It's very different but certainly to do with the olfactory senses. I'm quite excited to hear about someone else who can do that.

WOW! Huge thread and so much to take in. So much I want to respond to, but it would make a tome! Instead, I'll just add my thoughts.

For me there is a difference between light and dark, but not as in opposition, more like compliments. The best analogy I can think of is the Mobius strip, Just one sided but the twist gives the impression of there being two. I believe they do all come from one place, one big energy if you like that is not light or dark, but they "filter" down as different energies. Not really sure how to explain it. The way I tell the difference is by their frequency or pulse. It's like music, Brahms will make me feel one way, Metallica another!

I've always felt a difference between natural dark energy and man-made dark energy, I don't know why. I just don't like the feeling I get when I'm in a place full of people experiencing dark thoughts. It's like the energy is toxic and sets off all my senses. Being around natural dark energy, even though it can be just as distructive, I find has a "healthier" feel to it. I'm probably not making a whole lot of sense here, I'm just going on feeling at present.

As child I was drawn to darkness. It felt same and I used to call the darkness of night my real mother. I've done the decades of light and love and fluffy bunnies and it's just not me. Yet everytime I came back to the dark, I would go haywire, but it's only now I realise it's because I wasn't staying grounded with it. Even now, my most natural time to work at anything (magic, research, assignments!) is at night. I'm my most creative and powerful after the hour of midnight. Problem is having a partner who is the opposite and has trouble sleeping if I'm not there :( This made me wonder, do we instinctively know our natural states as children, which energy is more natural for us to work with to be specific, and spend our lives exploring away from that, to only come back to it in our later years, but with the skills and abilities we picked up along the way?

Sorry for the ramble.

Guest Elfyd

CG,

My source of direction only gave me a few tenants to spur me, I remember most of them, these were odd little examples or sayings that I was then left to reflect on and find the full meaning of by my own self-discovery, experiment, trial and error and "gut feeling". Shown the direction of the goal but not the place itself, given a push in the general direction but have to propel myself from then on. What i did learn then I subsequently lost as I deviated from the path later on, only in the last two years have I steered myself back on track and more recently a new source of inspiration and encouragement has been my pilot in these stagnant waters i sailed into.

All,

I have known people who can read a situation or person based on smell, touch and sight. we all have the potential for this, many of us are sensitives as I. I have a fool-proof method if I can hold a person's hand and pose a question to them I will immediately know if they are lying. As many people will not allow touching particularly is not know by one and are generally suspicious of such situations this really cuts down on the number of possibilities. I think we all should explore the possibilities of what sense we have that can aid us, try listening with your spirit, touching with your heart and looking with your soul (or any combination of the former) you may be surprised what you have within yourselves.

Energy is a part/form of the all-pervading motive force of the ALL, call it colours, shades, tastes, feel, feelings, textile, emotion, prana of whatever your customs have told you it is everywhere and in everything, the divine source and mundane shells.

FFFF

Elf