Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RavenFlyer

Different forms of scrying

Now I must try this, that I decided to read the thread.

I decided to make an(oh so traditional) lampblacked scrying mirror, but no matter how hard I try to be one of those really visual people, I'm just not...I really have to be into it, or have a need.

On the other hand, I learned a really cool method that I use to check up on family members long-distance. I got a set of 8 crystal and silver tumblers, which were so not my style, so when I learned this method, they finally got a use. Each is consecrated to a different family member, on their birthday, with an identifier attached...I've tried filling them with liquid, but they work beautifully with just the crystal refraction, and it lets me check up on them mentally/emotionally. Maybe it's not really *scrying*, but it's close enough for me, and worth a mention.

That's a really cool idea!

I work quite a lot with many many divination methods. My Labradorite and Quartz Spheres get the most use, but I also Use Tarot and Standard decks. Love my Pendulum for quick questions. Palmistry and tea leaves are old favorites as well. I used to mirror gaze as well but my family has a very old mirror that has I think just always been in my family and we use that. other mirrors give me no juice at all.

I typically do water-based scrying...either with a drop of oil in the water or without...I use only a small black cauldron that I have.

The other method I just recently discovered is EGG SCRYING.....has anyone ever heard of this one? It was pretty cool..and easy. While sitting quietly in front of one white lit candle, u hold the egg (raw), and quiet your mind..when u're ready, u pierce both ends of the egg with a pin, and let a few drops of egg WHITE into a glass of water...(the glass is about 3/4 filled). Don't touch the glass! Leave it be...wait a couple of hours..go back and see what you find at the bottom of the glass....I found an airplane..my bags are packed ;-)

I use this method when scrying over love its called a "Venus Vase" The shapes appearing in the whites of the eggs are said to speak about your love life on many levels. I believe that girls using one of these devices is a big contributing factor sparking the Witch Trials of Salem.

Bumping this interesting thread. :)

One of the less 'common' forms of scrying I do is with blood and water. Set up some blood to slowly drop into a bowl or bottle of water and scry into the images. I think some people use the same method with ink, but I find blood gives me much better results.

Yours or someone else's ;)

Aloe, I never thought of using blood, I like it.

Scrying is on my mind, so I am bumping this thread.  The method I employ is contingent on the situation and opportunity.  For example, if I am hanging out with family and friends by the fireside, I am going to be inclined to use some form of flame-related scrying method.  If I am at the lakeside, I am probably going to use some form of water scrying.  I have favorites that are available at all times, but opportunity plays a significant role in the decision.

I learned eyelid scrying in school :wink:

You joke, but it is absolutely true . . . people learn their affinity for certain types of scrying and divination techniques, sometimes quite by accident or when they are not really trying.  If they are even remotely successful, they may continue learning and perfecting the method.

You joke, but it is absolutely true . . . people learn their affinity for certain types of scrying and divination techniques, sometimes quite by accident or when they are not really trying.  If they are even remotely successful, they may continue learning and perfecting the method.

Very true.

I thought I'd pop in and make a note of a new (to me) form of scrying. I've taken up painting again, and was pulling the dried acrylic paint off of my pallet when I started seeing more clearly than I ever have with any other type of scrying. With each color I pulled off, I could see different visions or emotions.

Anyway, I'm sure it's not for anyone, but for me it makes total sense. When I draw or paint I generally open myself up and let out emotions that I had been holding in. It's a release like writing. However, when I'm done there's something tangible left over. Sometimes what I see are the emotions that I was feeling, other times glimpses of something in the future. Generally I scry with smoke or fire, but thought I'd share.

I found a chunk of black jade in a rock shop once. One side was greenish and rough and the other side was black as a moonless night and perfectly smooth. Looked just like a black scrying mirror. I hadn't heard of anyone scrying with black jade before so I wanted to give it a shot.

The one time I did have a vision using it I didnt ask any questions or anything. I was just sort of waiting for something to come to me. I night scene from what looked like torch lit ancient Egypt. I still don't know what it means or who showed me but it was so beautiful. Has anyone heard of using black jade as a scrying mirror?