Sign in to follow this  
admin

Traditional Witchcraft

Great post, very informative and resonated with me in a big way... I'm a big believer in the dual nature of magic and forces in general-- you can't have light without darkness, creation without destruction, or positive without negative. It's all about keeping the balance, as far as I can see. And sometimes, people need to be taught a lesson. I really liked how straightforward and clear your post was. Thank you!

So much to go on, and learn, and discuss I love it!

My thought processes on this subject are hard to put into words, so I apologize if I seem to be rambling. I learn and live a lot of my life based on the phrase “what if...”

For example, “what if time really is fluid and it’s possible for us to function outside of its flow?” That question lead me to the belief that the times when I see or sense my ancestors around me, may be when they were astrally projecting from their position in the time line and came to my current reality for a brief time.

Going further on that supposition, I believe it is possible for us to access all of our incarnations as we need them to learn and to grow.

As witches we have a responsibility to the power we have. Not a responsibility to the concepts of good or evil but a responsibility to use what we have. I’ve been in a situation where by my choice I suppressed my magic and it almost killed me. To me, there is nothing worse than denying who and what we are and refusing to use what we have.

Since I am an animist, I don’t believe in karma the way it is taught by most. Karma is not a sentient being, so therefore it is not a “bitch” it is not out to get you and it does not require you to make good on some sort of debt you owe. Karma, although I don’t usually use that term, is nothing more than a principle of nature. You grow what you plant. Or to paraphrase one of Newton’s laws, there is a reaction to everything we do. It’s the natural ebb and flow of the Universe though, it’s not some separate force bent on punishing us for “wrongdoing.”

Those are just some of my musings on some of the subjects brought up in this thread.

Similarly to several here, I believe that some events are woven more strongly into the web of wyrd than others. Some death events can be rewoven, however there will be one to strongly woven for even the most powerful beings to write over.

Without the complete consent of all 3 (mind, body; soul) ... the 'struggle' between life and death occurs... until an 'agreement' is made.

Out of curiosity, how would this approach be used in regards to ghosts? Would you consider this type of existence to be a form of struggle occuring?

This topic of fate is something I'm quite interested/fascinated by but haven't really formed a solid belief/opinion about.

Fyi:

I've been a member for a while now but am a lurker type naturally (strong hermit tendencies lol). Just thought maybe I should mention that for netiquette purposes.

Oh and I do realize the post I quoted was from a long time ago and the member may not be active, so my question is certainly open for anyone interested in answering!

Sign in to follow this