Photo
- - - - -

How to make your own bach flower essences

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#21 Marion

Marion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:04 PM

I completely understand you. :hugs:
I have to wait too, because at the moment I just have not enough money!
I mean all the money I have right now is for my vacation in three weeks.
Next week I go to see if I can afford the essences right now...if not I have to wait at least until September!:(

However...Today I started my own little book on essences:)!
I hope I'm not too lazy and keep it going.

12 hours to go till I can shop...that's ridiculous. The first thing I'm buying is cigarettes, I'm sick of tobacco. I have to work tomorrow so I'll place my order at night, and wait....not good at waiting. I've listed both Bach and Findhorn in my book (just in case) there are a couple of duplicates, an (strangely) the Findhorn Press do books on Bach but not their own essences. I got one about animal treatments.

"Bart, the ability to add two-digit numbers does not make you a witch" ~ Lisa Simpson

Always up to witchery ~ Marion

#22 Lilienrose

Lilienrose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:20 AM

Oh yes...the good old cigarettes.I should quit smoking.
I hate waiting, I think I'm the most impatient person in the world!

Oh that's strange.I don't understand why they should do that, but it's their business.

"...Dass ich erkenne, was die Welt in ihrem Innersten zusammenhält." Faust
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"...So that I may perceive whatever holds the world together in its inmost folds" Faust

#23 Marion

Marion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:54 PM

Ok, good news and bad news...despite repeated (and increasingly frustrated) attempts, the Findhorn website would not accept my credit card. The Bach one did, first time. So, in the next couple of days I'll be a Bach person, and not a Findhorn one...pretty disappointed about it, but what else can I do? I ordered 6 of the dropper bottles too, to make up remedies should anyone want them from me :) I'll have to update my notebook, as well now!!!
"Bart, the ability to add two-digit numbers does not make you a witch" ~ Lisa Simpson

#24 Lilienrose

Lilienrose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:40 AM

I'm sorry for you, but I'm sure being a Bach person won't be that bad ;) .

Now, that sounds great!:)
I'd like to have some from you. :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"...So that I may perceive whatever holds the world together in its inmost folds" Faust

#25 Marion

Marion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:23 PM

I'm sorry for you, but I'm sure being a Bach person won't be that bad ;) .

Now, that sounds great!:)
I'd like to have some from you. :D

:D I'm gonna be the Potions Mistress!!!

OK, a few posts ago you said something about openers...and I suggested a double dose of Holly..? Remember that? Well, I've done a bit more reading and there are 7 Helpers - Gorse, Heather, Oak, Olive Rock Water, Vine and Wild Oat. I read the 7 Helpers "show us the 'way of being' we are stuck in (ie the remedies needed to free us of our old conditioned habits). Taking these first enables us to shift in order to know which of the 12 Healers are needed".

Now I did the online remedy maker thing on the website to get my first potion, and none of the remedies were Helpers, and only 1 was a Healer, the other 5 being of the "2nd 19". So, working backwards I'm thinking my basic 'type' is fine and it's just the everyday situation that I need help with. It was kind of reassuring.

I've been taking it whenever I feel like it, and today was a good day...but it was not a typical one.

At this point I'd like to say I don't consider this to be a private discussion with you, LR, obviously as it's in the forum and not by PM so...if anyone else wants to chip in with experiences, etc please feel free.

PS The 7 Helpers potion could be rubbed into a candle if you were meditating on making a change in life...?

#26 Lilienrose

Lilienrose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:13 AM

Now, that's interesting!

Does it help? I mean do you feel a difference when taking it?

What an excellent idea!
Yes, I think they could be used for making a change in life as well as changing yourself and your habits.

Sure, this is not a private discussion - it would be great to hear others experiences too!

#27 Droghon

Droghon

Administrator/Host

• Administrators
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:17 PM

Ok, can't find the other thread now...?...so, I found another source of flower remedies much more local to me, so I will obviously favour them now, over the Bach ones. The Findhorn Foundation is quite local, and these are made by them using (mostly) wildflowers from Scotland :D

Check them out ...http://www.findhornessences.com/

Their test kits are only £47 for 48 samples, which is brilliant to start with. Can't wait till payday now!!!

Hi Marion,

been reading this thread with interest today .. and saw you couldn't find the other thread on Bach Flower Essences, for a monet I thought 'Oh Crap! Has it disappeared?' Luckily it hasn't, it's in the Public Chat Chat forum and can be found here:

http://www.tradition...lower-essences/

Droghon (or Brian)

I know nothing, I seek everything.

Words of a wise woman .. "OMFG stop being an utter newb and start acting like a proper witch who knows what they are talking about!"

#28 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:58 PM

Okais... I'm a bit befuddled about this Bach Flowers. I had a very sick cat, who was on His way out due to his age, he was 18, now to add to his comfort my vet gave me Bach Flowers Aspen Remedy to put in his water. It did seem to help him. Are these the same as what you all are posting ? :wacko: Help !

Regards,
Gypsy

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

Terry Pratchett Legends 1 

#29 Marion

Marion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:04 PM

Hi Marion,

been reading this thread with interest today .. and saw you couldn't find the other thread on Bach Flower Essences, for a monet I thought 'Oh Crap! Has it disappeared?' Luckily it hasn't, it's in the Public Chat Chat forum and can be found here:

http://www.tradition...lower-essences/

:) Thanks for that, D...vigilant as always. It's not a major subject on this forum so even two threads might be one too many. I'll keep using this one for now, but I appreciate the effort. I did look but maybe there was a blip in the search engine at the time.X

#30 Marion

Marion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:24 PM

Okais... I'm a bit befuddled about this Bach Flowers. I had a very sick cat, who was on His way out due to his age, he was 18, now to add to his comfort my vet gave me Bach Flowers Aspen Remedy to put in his water. It did seem to help him. Are these the same as what you all are posting ? :wacko: Help !

Regards,
Gypsy

Yep, those are the very thing. Old kitties need extra special love, and at 18 yours has had a good run.

Now, I don't know what your vet said about Aspen so I'll tell you all I know (basically quoting from a book on Bachies for animals)
*ahem*
"Aspen (populus tremula) Remedies fear and apprehension whose cause is unknown, sudden anxiety and nervousness as indicated by trembling, shaking, panting, snorting, sweating, urination, fearful look in the eyes, ears and tail down, cowering and avoidance behaviours [bear in mind this book is for ALL animals, not just cats....never heard a cat snorting...!]

Restores calm and normal breathing, reduces muscle tension.

Thre's a whole lot more, but its especially good for cats who urinate through fear, and with mimulus can help with irritable bowel syndrome.

Clematis, elm, and olive are good for aging animals in various circumstances. Finally, and it's something you might want to store away for future reference, Walnut is good for facing up to euthanasia. It seems to help the cat with the process, and helps to remedy the owners distress. I hope you don't need that option for a long time to come X

#31 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 07:48 PM

Yep, those are the very thing. Old kitties need extra special love, and at 18 yours has had a good run.

Now, I don't know what your vet said about Aspen so I'll tell you all I know (basically quoting from a book on Bachies for animals)
*ahem*
"Aspen (populus tremula) Remedies fear and apprehension whose cause is unknown, sudden anxiety and nervousness as indicated by trembling, shaking, panting, snorting, sweating, urination, fearful look in the eyes, ears and tail down, cowering and avoidance behaviours [bear in mind this book is for ALL animals, not just cats....never heard a cat snorting...!]

Restores calm and normal breathing, reduces muscle tension.

Thre's a whole lot more, but its especially good for cats who urinate through fear, and with mimulus can help with irritable bowel syndrome.

Clematis, elm, and olive are good for aging animals in various circumstances. Finally, and it's something you might want to store away for future reference, Walnut is good for facing up to euthanasia. It seems to help the cat with the process, and helps to remedy the owners distress. I hope you don't need that option for a long time to come X

Oh thank you Marion, the description you quoted was exactly what my Vet said about Agustus WhiteWhiskers, my dear departed friend. He started to get overly anxious in his grooming habits, where he had this obsession with pulling out his fur. She checked him over for all sorts of skin issues, and came up with none. She prescribe the Bach flower rememdy of Aspen in his water, and that really seemed to calm him down. It was better that putting a " cone " around his neck, as I felt that was to embarassing for the old gent. I did end up sewing him a shirt to wear, due to his lack of fur, and how cold it gets up here in Lake Country. He tolerated that as, as the aging process was so harsh on him, his dramatic weight loss, lack of fur, poor eyesight etc. but I am amazed at the Bach flower essenses. If they worked for Gus, they surely will work for 2 legged creatures. Thanks again Marion, you're a peach.

Warmest Regards,
Gypsy

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

Terry Pratchett Legends 1 

#32 Marion

Marion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 09:34 PM

Always glad to help :D

#33 JessicaAFM

JessicaAFM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 04:56 AM

I read both the theads pertaining to this subject. I had put the book " Bach Flowers for Crisis Care" on my wishlist on Amazon a while back and forgotten about it. Now this brings it back to mind.

To me, the Findhorne Flower Essences seem more usable for my purposes. Then I noticed they are from Scotland flowers, which tips the scales more for me. My heritage is mostly Scot with English, Irish and German thrown in the mix. So I rather like the idea of flowers grown in my ancestral homeland. BUT the Bach appear to be cheaper than FFE for what I can get in the states.

When I was doing some looking on the internet, I did find this site: http://www.fesflowers.com. They have not only the Bach line but a North American line for all of us on this side of the pond :)

As a witch, making my own flower essences sounds the best option. Interesting stuff. Thanks for sharing everyone. :)

Jessica