Photo
- - - - -

How to make your own bach flower essences

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#1 Lilienrose

Lilienrose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 03:32 PM

The creation of the flower essences can be made in two different ways: the sunshine-method and the cooking-method.
The type of creation-method is dependent on the seasons in which the flowers bloom.

The sunshine-method:

The flowers shouldn't come in contact with the hands-> one has to wear gloves.
Then they are laid in water. The bowl must be placed in the midday sun for 3 to 4 hours.
After that take the flowers out of the water, again, with gloves.
The water as carrier substance of the flowers has to be charged at the rate of 1:1 with alcohol(40 percent) for the conservation.Now put it into a bottle.You have now the bottle for the so-called mother-essence.

Flowers for the sunshine-method are:

Agrimony, Centaury, Cerato, Chicory, Clematis, Gentian, Rock Rose, Rock Water, Sclerantus, Vervain, Water Violet, White Chestnut and Wild Oat.

The cooking method:

Boil out the flowers for half an hour.
Afterwards the water has to be filtered.
Again the essence has to be conserved and the filled into a bottle.

Flowers for the cooking-method are:

Aspen, Beech, Cherry Plum, Gorse, Heather, Holly, Honeysuckle, Hornbeam, Impatiens, Larch, Mimulus, Mustard, Oak, Olive, Pine,Red Chestnut, Star of Bethlehem, Sweet Chestnut, Walnut and Willow.

The Stock-Bottles:

Every single bach flower essence(conserved with alcohol) is kept in so called stock-bottles.
These are not used undilated.
You:
- dilute only few drops of one or more bach flower essences with water-->(two-thirds)
- conserve with alcohol (40 percent) or fruit-vinegar-->(one-third)
- fill it in a small bottle
- use it;)

The durability of the bach flower essences in the stock bottle is nearly indefinite.
You can use it over years.

"...Dass ich erkenne, was die Welt in ihrem Innersten zusammenhält." Faust
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"...So that I may perceive whatever holds the world together in its inmost folds" Faust

#2 Marion

Marion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 06:12 PM

This will be really helpful to me in the future, thank you for posting it.
"Bart, the ability to add two-digit numbers does not make you a witch" ~ Lisa Simpson

Always up to witchery ~ Marion

#3 Lilienrose

Lilienrose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 07:12 PM

Your welcome;)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"...So that I may perceive whatever holds the world together in its inmost folds" Faust

#4 Marion

Marion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:08 PM

Okay, I've got a question....I see how this works for all herbs or flowers, but how do you decide which to do by sunshine and which to cook?
"Bart, the ability to add two-digit numbers does not make you a witch" ~ Lisa Simpson

#5 o_O

o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 11:42 PM

To me, it looks like the ones that can be burned more easily are the ones you use sun method for. Most of those plants are kinda like spinach, very easy to burn, and then it's no good. The others seem like the can stand a higher heat as well as being harder to get the essentials out of. I'm wondering if a steamer could be used though.

#6 Lilienrose

Lilienrose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 07:05 PM

The ones that blossom out in summer are for the sunshine method.
The flowers which bloom earlier in the year are for the cooking method, because "the sunshine isn't hot enough".
However, you can do it actually the way you like it better.
The most important thing is just that the flowers have to be fresh- so no dried ones.

I hope this could help you a little bit?

#7 Marion

Marion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 11:27 PM

Oh, yes, definately - thank you...and always with the provisio the plant's not toxic!!! :D

#8 Lilienrose

Lilienrose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 05:01 AM

Of course..except you have a really, really bad intent!:D

#9 Marion

Marion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 11:41 PM

Ok, can't find the other thread now...?...so, I found another source of flower remedies much more local to me, so I will obviously favour them now, over the Bach ones. The Findhorn Foundation is quite local, and these are made by them using (mostly) wildflowers from Scotland :D

Check them out ...http://www.findhornessences.com/

Their test kits are only £47 for 48 samples, which is brilliant to start with. Can't wait till payday now!!!

#10 Lilienrose

Lilienrose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 04:35 AM

Sounds good! :smile:
I'm happy for you that you found a site that is more local now!
The price of shipment is also quite low.

For the kits they want an extra cost of £35.00, right?
I think about ordering them too.

However, when will you have it? :)

#11 Marion

Marion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:08 PM

Sounds good! :smile:
I'm happy for you that you found a site that is more local now!
The price of shipment is also quite low.

For the kits they want an extra cost of £35.00, right?
I think about ordering them too.

However, when will you have it? :)

Pay day for me is 21st July...so I'm hoping I'll have it by that weekend.
I have that following week off work so I could get down to a bit of potion making :)

#12 Lilienrose

Lilienrose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 04:19 AM

Cool!:)
I would love to know how the quality is and how your potions will become.

Edited by Lilienrose, 09 July 2010 - 04:25 AM.

#13 Marion

Marion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 06:18 PM

Cool!:)
I would love to know how the quality is and how your potions will become.

I'll be sure to let you know, although as iy will be my first batch I've nothing to compare it to. It was nearly 20 years ago that I first used them, and I've not used them since. I remember the rescue remedy as being very good though.

#14 Lilienrose

Lilienrose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:37 AM

Thanks!
Yes,my mother had the rescue remedy for a long time.
It is indeed very good.
We also had something special against exam nerves.

#15 Marion

Marion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:13 PM

I started a notebook on essences, just the stuff from the brochure so far, as a starting point for each one, then I'll add more as I learn more. I have a load of books to look through to get ideas and information. One thing I noticed as I was writing each entry...well, two things, one was "I SO need this one" for some of them and also, "This person could do with a dose of that" and wondering how to get them to take it :) Obviously, I wouldn't dose anyone without their knowledge but I did have a laugh thinking about slipping a potion into work colleagues' coffee, and the effects it might have! Naughty, naughty!!

I found this webpage http://www.realmagic...es/19/2019.html, and see that see lists holly and wild oat as "operners" to get people to engage with the process more. I think the Findhorns have something like that, in Grass of Parnussus. I'm so looking forward to getting these now. I keep thinking of other things I can use them for, adding them to oils to dress candles etc. Roll on pay day!!

#16 Lilienrose

Lilienrose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 06:27 AM

That's a good idea, I should start one too...but I'm so lazy.
I totally get you - While I was reading through my books, I also thought how to get others to take it!
Well you gave me a good laugh thinking about that!:)

The Site is very cool!
However, somewhere she writes that a treatment could not sort the wished effect, because of an old shock, which could be already forgotten.
So I wondered..how does one know, that one had a shock?

Yes, I also think about other uses.
What do you think? Could I add them also to the oils in my oil burner?

#17 Marion

Marion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:02 PM

That's a good idea, I should start one too...but I'm so lazy.
I totally get you - While I was reading through my books, I also thought how to get others to take it!
Well you gave me a good laugh thinking about that!:)

The Site is very cool!
However, somewhere she writes that a treatment could not sort the wished effect, because of an old shock, which could be already forgotten.
So I wondered..how does one know, that one had a shock?

Yes, I also think about other uses.
What do you think? Could I add them also to the oils in my oil burner?

I don't see any harm in adding them to oil burners..combining elements ...why not? :)

As for the shock one, I'd try a double dose of the openers :)

#18 Lilienrose

Lilienrose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:01 AM

Alright, thanks!:)
Today I found a pharmacy which also offers bach flower essences!
I will go there next week and see how much it would cost me.

...I can't wait to have them and experiment a bit!:)

Edited by Lilienrose, 16 July 2010 - 06:02 AM.

#19 Marion

Marion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 09:48 PM

The Findhorn essences have their own variations on openers (see brochure in link), so I guess a combination of any of these would help.
It's just as well you can't overdose on these things...I have mental image of hugely inappropriate oversharing if I di :D

Can't order anything until the 20th...it's 22.24 on the 16th...feel my pain!!!!

#20 Lilienrose

Lilienrose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 01:59 PM

I completely understand you. :hugs:
I have to wait too, because at the moment I just have not enough money!
I mean all the money I have right now is for my vacation in three weeks.
Next week I go to see if I can afford the essences right now...if not I have to wait at least until September!:(

However...Today I started my own little book on essences:)!
I hope I'm not too lazy and keep it going.