Night to Day?

Nyx

I've always prefered night time to day light. I don't know what it is but I feel stronger at night and more connected to everything when the moonlight shines! Everything just brings an element of mystery aswell and urgh, its to die for!!

Last night, I was in my garden, doing some energy work and the energy I felt was just amazing to feel it flow through you. I've never been able to get that connection from doing it in day time.

Just wondering if anyone feels this or if its just me?

I would have to say I am a night creature myself. My typical day before the last couple of years, started around 4pm and went to about 10 am. Recently though with a few things going on here and there, I have had to sacrifice that way and have adopted a 10am to 3am schedule. Less sleep, but I get a lot done. :P

The energy of the night has always appealed to me, especially working with the earth at night.

Another night creature here. I've always liked the night. I actually have a hard time sleeping at night, though once the sun breaks, I can sleep all day. It's kinda funny that way.

I sometimes think the extra earth energy that can be felt is what's always there, but since the majority of people in any distance of you are sleeping at the moment, they aren't pulling any of it and therefore there's more for those awake. There seems to be a lot less negative energy running amok as well, which is always nice.

I think that Oo has a point, most

people are

asleep and the world becomes quiet and still making it easier to feel and connect, ther are so much

less distractions. I love daytime for my mundane work, but love

the night for magical or introspective work.

I think that Oo has a point, most

people are

asleep and the world becomes quiet and still making it easier to feel and connect, ther are so much

less distractions. I love daytime for my mundane work, but love

the night for magical or introspective work.

Which has always been a theory of mine.... It is proven that you absorb certain influential energy while you sleep and obtain REM. If you absorb that energy in rest, while EVERYONE else is resting, it would seem that perhaps the connection is weaker. I have done some mild research into it nothing too fancy. Most of my friends that sleep at night during "normal" sleeping hours, dream perhaps at the most two or three times a month, and out of those they rarely remember the dream. Now out of those who sleep as I do, "day sleepers", we have a dream almost every time we sleep, and can remember the dreams vividly.

Perhaps less local pull creates a "better connection"?

Edit- I guess a good analogy would be, trying to download a 10gig file when everyone on your network is trying to download and browse. That perhaps getting on at a off peak time would give you the optimal connection you could receive....

Just ramblings of a curious nature I guess...

It's funny how this forum is so often in sync with stuff that I think about or do... going to do a spell tonight, and for the first time ever decided I want to wait till it's dark and the full moon's out. :howl-moon: Don't know why, as normally I've preferred doing things in the daylight?maybe I've got some issues with the darkness, childhood fears that I guess I still haven't properly shaken.

Well enjoy it Oceana, hopefully it will help you to find the beauty and possiblities of the darkness at night that is! Plus you have the magnificant full moon to energize and guide you!

We are getting wicked storms tonight so I doubt I will see the beautiful lady at all :(

I have always felt a connection to the night and the darkness that is out there. I always feel more alive at night, more my normal self than during the daytime. I typically do catnaps, I don't sleep for more than 3 or 4 hours at a time and not more than usually 2 or 3 times a day and mostly during the daytime and up most of the night.

I've just been been outside for a good half an hour. The moon is so amazing and the energy coming through is really powerful!

Total day person here, lol. I love the dawn, I rise early even on my days off. I find my energy is best during the day and it is when I usually do my workings. I also do much more during the dark of moon than the full, but I also work with energies that can be considered "darker" and they are waxing towards the dark moon, not waning - remember the dark moon is not "no moon" it is just the occult or "hidden" moon. And in the "land of the midnight sun" , well, the sun is shining brightly at midnight, lol... so perhaps I am technically both...

M

Night for me. I get most of my work done at night because I am wide awake. I'm a zombie till 10 or 11 in the morning. I hate getting up.

I am definitely a night person. Some of my best work, especially that which involves intense concentration and focus, is done at night. This includes everything from designing research projects to simple candle magic. In fact, at 3 am, I am a flippin' genius . . . at least in my own mind.

Jevne

I'm a day person, no matter how hard I try to be a night owl! (And I have tried.) My most productive time of day for working my craft is around 5 in the afternoon. Before I eat. When the sun hangs in the sky, low enough to feel like it is sitting in my garden beside me... I love the sun.

Guest Grimr

The shifting of day to night is interesting as it is relatively riddled with the "betwixt" time - and as such I utilize what is appropriate for the task at hand. I have found, personally, the hours of 12 noon fantastic for works with the inner serpent energy and cultivating a relationship with the powers of the sun and fire - the same goes with that of 12 bullsnoon, being a time for works of transvection, spirit counsel and working with the powers of Lunar and Stellar influences. Twilight and Dawn are similar in their works of crossing the hedge and other personal uses. As mentioned it really depends on what is at hand and what I hope to achieve.

The shifting of day to night is interesting as it is relatively riddled with the "betwixt" time - and as such I utilize what is appropriate for the task at hand. I have found, personally, the hours of 12 noon fantastic for works with the inner serpent energy and cultivating a relationship with the powers of the sun and fire - the same goes with that of 12 bullsnoon, being a time for works of transvection, spirit counsel and working with the powers of Lunar and Stellar influences. Twilight and Dawn are similar in their works of crossing the hedge and other personal uses. As mentioned it really depends on what is at hand and what I hope to achieve.

True! Dusk and Dawn are marvellous times. There is a great fullness of energy and promise, of beginning and ending coming together that fills me up entirely. It feels like the earth meets the sky in a tangible form at those times of the day-night, like you can hold that mingling in your hand. Hm. I'm not being very clear, but then again, words are not my forte.

I'm another night owl...zombie till 10 am. At work, they even apologise giving me early shifts, and most avoid me till I've had coffee :) I don't live in a city with a 24/7 culture, so night time is very peaceful here. I, too, do my best work when it's dark, and prefer autumn/winter to spring/summer...and get LOADS more done.

Guest Grimr

True! Dusk and Dawn are marvellous times. There is a great fullness of energy and promise, of beginning and ending coming together that fills me up entirely. It feels like the earth meets the sky in a tangible form at those times of the day-night, like you can hold that mingling in your hand. Hm. I'm not being very clear, but then again, words are not my forte.

I totally understand what your saying! When the sun sets beyond the waves on the western waters it is truly a magical experience and one who is skilled in the arts can use this time and it's rich symbolic tradition for many practical uses.

I'm a dusk girl myself. When the last of the sun has not long gone but it's not yet full night. No idea how to "use" such a time though. I just really enjoy it.

• 2 weeks later...

I adore the early mornings , around 5-6am when everything is quiet and the sun is rising and the birds are singing. I wake up to birds singing every morning in my garden and i love it.

Sometimes i can sleep for England and others im up with the birds how ever i rarely use my craft until after 12.00 noon and normally into the night because i actually feel more in tune with the energies than in the day time.

Hiya

I am also a Night operative. I think the physical aspects of being awake Night time with the Melatonin and Pineal gland being productive heightens spiritual awareness and intuitive qualities.

I like the night but, for me, nothing beats the warmth of the sun during the day. Even on a rainy day, I love how it looks and feels outside your the daytime hours.

Archived