Keeping you in the loop

Tana

Hi everyone!

Have just managed to get onto the site at work to catch up with everyone.

If you have noticed I haven't been around recently, its because I am having problems accessing the site from home. I work on a Mac at home and something seems to have blocked me out from certain internet sites. Droghon is working with me to help overcome the problem. We have tried all the obvious like clearing cache, cookies etc. It's a mystery!!

I can't get online much at work as my job is ridiculously busy, but will when I can until this is sorted. In the meantime I miss you all... hope to get it sorted soon.

Guest Magdalena

Were you able to access TW on your Mac before Tana? Have you tried to access using different browsers?

Or maybe the FTP mode has altered when Droghon updated the site. Apparently, passive mode is supposed to work well. I have no clue, just what I have heard. Hope it's sorted soon Tana.

Anita :0)

Missed you around here to. Sorry to hear about the issues with your home puter. It could be your browser. I know I run Safari on my Windows system here and at first it wouldn't let me access here, till I had the most recent version. Have you updated your browser recently or are you still using an old version of Safari?

Have you tried checking your system preferences to see if the account your are logged into has parental controls configured? Usually the main admin account has access to everything, but if you are logged into another account perhaps it's been configured to restrict access. Another possibility is that it could have something to do with your ISP or a third party software installed that's interfering with your networking. As a last resort, you can always do an "archive and install" from your original OS install CD, but make sure to back up any important files before you do so. It might clear out whatever issue you are having.

Most of the things everyone has suggested have been looked at, I'm thinking at the moment it's between two issues.

Something has changed on Tana's browser or opertaing system, or

The forum software update has had some delayed action issues .. oddly Tana was on the site fine after the last update, the issues only started about a week ago. Strange thing is Tana logs in from home and shows up as online .. the system sees her as logged in. However, her browser simply shows 'Loading' and she can't see or do anything. The browsers (we've tried a few) don't like something or her operating system doesn't.

I don't rule out issues with the forum software, each upgrade can fix some bugs and introduces new ones or reintroduces old ones. I also don't rule out things like the shoutbox or downloads module interfering with Tana's login .. but no error logs are showing on the server .. other than the normal error log entries from people trying to access the old forum url with malformed register or post attempts .. quite normal activity from assholes on the internet .. all logged and monitored by the server management company). FTP isn't an issue as I don't allow FTP access to the server, uploads are handled differently.

We're still working on the issues.

Computers.. kind of a love/hate thing isn't it? Missed you around here and nice to hear from you Tana!

Most of the things everyone has suggested have been looked at, I'm thinking at the moment it's between two issues.

Something has changed on Tana's browser or opertaing system, or

The forum software update has had some delayed action issues .. oddly Tana was on the site fine after the last update, the issues only started about a week ago. Strange thing is Tana logs in from home and shows up as online .. the system sees her as logged in. However, her browser simply shows 'Loading' and she can't see or do anything. The browsers (we've tried a few) don't like something or her operating system doesn't.

I don't rule out issues with the forum software, each upgrade can fix some bugs and introduces new ones or reintroduces old ones. I also don't rule out things like the shoutbox or downloads module interfering with Tana's login .. but no error logs are showing on the server .. other than the normal error log entries from people trying to access the old forum url with malformed register or post attempts .. quite normal activity from assholes on the internet .. all logged and monitored by the server management company). FTP isn't an issue as I don't allow FTP access to the server, uploads are handled differently.

I am working on 'Plan B' and will be getting Tana to help out with that and see if that allows her to login properly .. Plan B is a longer term thing which I won't go into as yet .. sorry it's secret and may not be activated :)

We're still working on the issues.

I am adding my two cents here because I use a Mac and I am only able to log in successfully if I check the "Remember me" check box. if I don't do that, it logs me in and when I get pushed back to the Forum page, it bumps me out and I'm not logged in anymore. This only started happening a short time ago, too - possibly since the last update. I use FireFox and have not updated that in a while, so the forum is the only thing that has changed recently. Anyway, I guess that this doesn't really help except to say that yes, maybe the forum has something against Macs. :)

Guest Magdalena

I am adding my two cents here because I use a Mac and I am only able to log in successfully if I check the "Remember me" check box. if I don't do that, it logs me in and when I get pushed back to the Forum page, it bumps me out and I'm not logged in anymore. This only started happening a short time ago, too - possibly since the last update. I use FireFox and have not updated that in a while, so the forum is the only thing that has changed recently. Anyway, I guess that this doesn't really help except to say that yes, maybe the forum has something against Macs. :)

That happens to me also, I don't use a mac and my firefox is updated but it still happens, I meant to mention it but I forgot. :D

Well, it appears that the issue is definitely with vBulletin. Tana and I have confirmed that beyond any doubt.

We can't roll back vBulletin to the previous version and there is no sign of the next bug fix version on the horizon (and no guarantee that it will sort the issues out anyway!).

How annoying!

Need to test some more I guess

Well I don't know if Droghon has fixed the bug, or it had righted itself... but I just logged on successfully from home! What a relief, I hope it lasts.

Now got to spend some time catching up!!

Excellent!

I haven't changed anything on TW, couldn't find anything constructive about the issue on vBulletin.

I suspect that logging on Plan B has cleared something :wink: or it could simply be the New Moon

Archived