Dale Pendell - Pharmako series

witchwood

Definately not a rehash of any other herbal I've read :)

He has a fairly unique writing style, which can be amusing and sometimes draining.

I have only "Pharmako/poeia - Plant power, poisons and herbcraft", though so I can't speak for the value of the set.

I'll send you a PM about this.

Guest Grimr

Read Pharmako/Gnosis and really enjoyed it! He writes truthfully and poetically writing through both lover and plant. Haven't read the other two yet but would highly recommend Pharmako/Gnosis.

• 1 month later...

I do have all three of Dale Pendell’s Pharmako series. Would I recommend them? From my perspective, then yes. They certainly would not appeal to everyone though. They contain a mixture of Poetry, Science and what is obviously personal experience and the text often deviates into a dreamy quality of someone embarking upon a journey stimulated by the plant toxins being commented upon. If you enjoy a kaleidoscope of musings and don’t mind delving into a book in no particular order and fully intend melding with psychoactives yourself then these publications provide some valuable information. If you’re into abstract art, fantasy planetscapes, exploration of other dimensions and green led mind trips then yes they would be right up your street.

• 10 months later...

Yes, I have all 3, but I've only just begun to delve into them. I thoroughly enjoy his writing style...although someone who hasn't learned directly from plants before may be a bit lost. To me it heightens the message and experience that he is conveying to the reader. I must say though I didn't start at the begining, per se...I purchased all 3 at the same time and began diggng through them, focused on what flora were in my region.