Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

falcnstar

To Remove warts

This is not really an herbal remedy...but it is traditional witchcraft. I'm not sure where to put it. This really works....or it did for me. When I was around 10 years old my Mother taught me this. It was handed down to her from her Mom..and she gave it to me. Handed down from generation to generation.

I had warts on my hands and wrists. They bugged the crap out of me...so ...my Mom told me what to do to get rid of them.

Take a dishrag....

touch each of the warts you wish to get rid of with the dishrag.

As you touch each one Say the words "WART BEG0NE".

Now tie a knot in the dishrag for each wart you touch.

Bury the dishrag at the crossroads at midnight. (Scared to death by this part...sneaked out of the house...made it to the crossroads..buried it..thought monsters would get me...but they didn't. This was 1970.)

As the dishrag rots...so go the warts.

I did this...and the warts vanished....it did take awhile. And my Mom gave me a very old and used dishrag.

Don't think I would use a new one. :)

Also...you will find that tying knots in a dishrag limits how many warts you can get rid of.

BUT...it did work.

I had a big one on the ring finger of my right hand...bit it out. That worked too :) Bloody painful tho.....

A soldering iron will work too.. ;)

But seriously, I got rid of one once by basically clipping it out with nail clippers, and then dabbing with 90% alcohol.

I had one more after that, and used that freeze stuff. That worked well too!

I don't actually have a crossroads near me where I could bury anything.

Warts only live for 18 months and then die. If you can avoid spreading they will leave eventually. My daughter has one and because she is so young they are going to try and leave it for now.

I've heard of the " dish rag " thing also, I've never had to use this rememdy though. Congrad's to Falcon since it worked for her. This is gonna gross some of ya'all out there, one of my gal pals had a wart on her female anatomy... she picked it up from some unclean chap... well.. she used duct tape... yep... that silver "do-all" stuff.. needless to say.. it worked, she just had to sport a bald spot for a time. ~ snickers ~ She got over it since she was happy the wart disappeared.. hell she liked it so much, she's ...how would one put it.... " bald and beautiful "..

Interesting on the dishrag. I will have to remember that next time instead of using the nail clippers. That's the way my mom taught me to get rid of them. But now that I know this one, well, next time I'll have to give it a try.

I've heard of the " dish rag " thing also, I've never had to use this rememdy though. Congrad's to Falcon since it worked for her. This is gonna gross some of ya'all out there, one of my gal pals had a wart on her female anatomy... she picked it up from some unclean chap... well.. she used duct tape... yep... that silver "do-all" stuff.. needless to say.. it worked, she just had to sport a bald spot for a time. ~ snickers ~ She got over it since she was happy the wart disappeared.. hell she liked it so much, she's ...how would one put it.... " bald and beautiful "..

Yikes.. while all warts are caused by a virus, actually. (not herpes simplex), genital warts are a different virus than typical warts, I think, and more serious a problem.

She should still have that checked out by her gyno, IMO.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genital_wart

I had a mass of them on my hands, well 5 on one hand and 2 on the other. I killed them off when I serviced the fuel pump in my cars diesel tank... I really don't recommend this one though, as it really isn't good for your skin. I have heard of the duct tape way as well, which I found helped, but, didn't cure...

I have heard duct tape, on moles as well, my taunti did that (great aunt) and they came off in a few weeks, problem is i have one on my face, that would be weird.

Oddly enough, the duct tape remedy is what came to mind when I saw the title of the thread. I guess is it works, people know about it! I wonder if there is some kind of scary chemical reaction that causes it...

I think effectively it seals the wart away from the air and as it sweats, it softens the head, which enables the top of it to be rubbed off with an emery board. Left again for a period of time, the next layer softens and so on and so forth... As the Wart size is reduced, the virus is weakened and so is more suseptible to the bodies defence to wipe it out...

I think effectively it seals the wart away from the air and as it sweats, it softens the head, which enables the top of it to be rubbed off with an emery board. Left again for a period of time, the next layer softens and so on and so forth... As the Wart size is reduced, the virus is weakened and so is more suseptible to the bodies defence to wipe it out...

Ahhh...that clears up that mystery. I was wondering because it specifically refers to duct tape.

Who knew ?!?! Although I was surprised at my gal pals medical prowness, regarding her use of duct tape for such a delicate area. I had no idea that some of you have heard of the use of duct tape for warts, I suggested that she see her female MD, yet she declined my concern. Ya just gotta love your gal pals, inspite of their quirkyness, I gather.

I read on a forum about using clear nail varnish on warts to get rid...might work for the facial ones?

It works on the smother principle and is less obvious than duct tape :)

I have heard duct tape, on moles as well, my taunti did that (great aunt) and they came off in a few weeks, problem is i have one on my face, that would be weird.

I was wondering if it worked on moles. I have them on my face as well...so I feel your pain about it being weird.

I was wondering if it worked on moles. I have them on my face as well...so I feel your pain about it being weird.

I don't think that I would want to walk about with bits of duct tape on my face...

On a similar note, Insulating tape on cuts seems to work pretty well too, protecting them and seamingly assist the healing too... (cut myself too many times working on the car and Insualting tape is the best thing available in my toolbox...) Stays on pretty well too...

Found a few more remedies for warts in a cool little book I bought yesterday...tying either a horse hair or cotton thread tightly round the base of the wart, and leaving it there till the wart drops off.

If there's a blacksmith nearby, then get some water which has had the hot iron dipped into it during the tempering process. Bathe the wart with it twice a day. Supposedly works and leaves no scarring.

Also the white sap from a dandelion used on the warts is supposed to help, if used twice a day, although it does take a few weeks.

Radish slices rubbed on warts regularly, is another - and it's supposed to work for verrucas too. Other "twice a day" applications include oil of lemon, under skin of a banana, or the water in which potatoes have been boiled.

Lastly, wet the end of and unstruck match and apply it to the wart. The sulphur is supposedly the magic ingredient there....so, I guess that rules out safety matches then.

I hope if anyone uses a rememdy from this thread, or finds one of their own, then they'll report back :)

Two remedies I've heard of is rubbing tomato on the warts and urinating on them. Gotta be fresh pee. Something about the uric acid.

I don't think that I would want to walk about with bits of duct tape on my face...

On a similar note, Insulating tape on cuts seems to work pretty well too, protecting them and seamingly assist the healing too... (cut myself too many times working on the car and Insualting tape is the best thing available in my toolbox...) Stays on pretty well too...

Electrical tape works well for cuts. Not sure if that is the same as insulating tape but I have used that one many times.. Great tool for hiking as it has many uses.

Electrical tape works well for cuts.

As does super glue (and in case you didn't know, it was originally developed for use in field hospitals). I sliced my hand badly making dinner one night & we were snowed in ... no way to get to the hospital for sutures. Super glue held it together nicely and I only have a small scar that will fade over time.

I got rid of a wart with a bandage & razor blade. Soften the skin under the bandage for a couple of days, slice the soft part off, reapply bandage & repeat. Took about 2 weeks. Didn't hurt, didn't bleed. Apply an antiviral oil after each slice (I used Rosemary) to kill the underlying virus.

Disclaimer: for information only. See a doctor for warts/moles.

I received by certificate in TCM (acupuncture, herbs and manipulative therapy) back in 1980. In TCM warts can be removed by the direct application of moxa (mugwort) which is burned on the wart to remove it.

Other items I have collected through research are:

Soak your wart in warm water for 15-20 minutes and dry. Apply apple cider vinegar with a cotton ball and leave on for 10-15 minutes. Wash off with water and dry.

Cut a small cube from a plain potato and put on the wart or mole. Cover it with some tape or bandage and leave for 4-7 days. As the potato decomposes, the wart or mole will turn black and fall off.

Dissolve an aspirin with a small drop of water and apply to the wart. Cover with a band-aid. Repeat twice daily.

Mix some baking soda in water and rub on the wart 3-4 times daily. You can soak a cloth guage with a mixture of baking soda and castor oil and apply it on the mole. Secure it there with a band-aid. Leave it for overnight.

For getting rid of plantar warts, daily take a piece of ripe (or raw) banana peel and apply the pulp side to the wart and cover with a band-aid. Remove it only when taking bath. Apply daily for many months.

For quite old warts, chew some cashews and place it on the wart. Your warts should melt away in 3-4 weeks.

Open the stem of a dandelion and rub on the warts 2-3 times daily until the wart disappears in 3-4 weeks.

Rub crushed garlic on the wart 2-3 times daily until the wart disappears in 3-4 weeks. OR mash a garlic clove so it is pulpy and moist. Cover the wart with this pulp and secure it there with a band-aid. Leave it for overnight. Wart will start disappearing from the first night.

Chop one raw onion and cover with salt and leave overnight. Apply the juice to the warts 2-3 times daily until warts disappear.

Apply the juice of cauliflower on the warts daily until it falls.

Apply a drop of grapefruit seed extract to the wart and cover with a band-aid, 2-3 times daily. Your warts should fall off in 3-4 weeks.

Rub iodine or lime/lemon juice or milkweed juice to or onion juice or oregano oil or green papaya juice or castor oil on the wart. Repeat two or three times daily. Your warts should melt away in 3-4 weeks.

Rub a slice of fresh pineapple or raw potato peelings or radish in circular motion on your wart for 5 minutes in the night and wash next morning. Repeat it for the second night. Within 3 days, the warts will change to a dark color at the root. They should fall off within 3 weeks. If not, then repeat the treatment for another 2 nights.

Apply the milky juice exuding from the stems of figs and leaves.

Put the contents of one 100 I.U. of natural vitamin E capsule on a band-aid and cover the wart. Warts should soon disappear.

Apply vitamin E on the wart, crush a clove of raw garlic and place it on the wart, and cover it with an adhesive bandage.

Eat raw cabbage and Cole slaw as much as you can. Warts should soon disappear in 2 weeks.

Get Thuja tincture (Thuja occidentalis), a natural anti-fungal from a herbal store. Apply a few drips of Thuja on the warts in the morning and night and allow to dry. Repeat until warts disappear within 2-3 weeks. This treatment of wart is good for planer warts on face.

Urinate into a small container. Rip off a small piece of the cotton ball...big enough that it will have no problem covering the mole or wart. Drop the cotton ball into the urine and let it soak for a couple of minutes. Get it out and apply it onto the mole and apply the tape over it. Make sure the tape is on good so it seals in the wetness. Repeat until results are obtained.

Thuja; one drop applied directly to the wart or skin tag three times a day will clear most of these irritating skin problems, however since your general state of internal health will have a lot of bearing on this issue, I suggest that one should do their best to improve the diet and boost the immune system.

That said, the following is a heavy duty formula for those stubborn little buggers..........enjoy

1 Jar Vicks Formula VapoRub or generic brand (make sure it has the same ingredients as the name brand) even though it's petroleum based it's safe to use.

2/3 Cap Rectified Turpentine or Pure Turpentine (if this is all you can get)

6 Drops Lugols Iodine 5% (not 2% or 2.2%) use only the real deal.

6 Drops Thuja

Using a chopstick or similar, punch some holes into the VapoRub and add the above, mix thoroughly and apply the the wart or skin tag two to three times a day, rubbing it in gently. You can cover it with gauze or a band-aid to prevent it from rubbing off on clothing and such.

:)