• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 falcnstar

falcnstar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 01:52 PM

This is not really an herbal remedy...but it is traditional witchcraft. I'm not sure where to put it. This really works....or it did for me. When I was around 10 years old my Mother taught me this. It was handed down to her from her Mom..and she gave it to me. Handed down from generation to generation.
I had warts on my hands and wrists. They bugged the crap out of me...so ...my Mom told me what to do to get rid of them.

Take a dishrag....
touch each of the warts you wish to get rid of with the dishrag.
As you touch each one Say the words "WART BEG0NE".
Now tie a knot in the dishrag for each wart you touch.
Bury the dishrag at the crossroads at midnight. (Scared to death by this part...sneaked out of the house...made it to the crossroads..buried it..thought monsters would get me...but they didn't. This was 1970.)
As the dishrag rots...so go the warts.

I did this...and the warts vanished....it did take awhile. And my Mom gave me a very old and used dishrag.
Don't think I would use a new one. :)
Also...you will find that tying knots in a dishrag limits how many warts you can get rid of.
BUT...it did work.

Without Magick the world would be a barren place..

#2 Marion

Marion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 02:07 PM

I had a big one on the ring finger of my right hand...bit it out. That worked too :) Bloody painful tho.....
"Bart, the ability to add two-digit numbers does not make you a witch" ~ Lisa Simpson

Always up to witchery ~ Marion

#3 falcnstar

falcnstar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:24 PM

yep...that works... LOL

#4 Grymdycche

Grymdycche

Thaumaturge Medicocre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:36 PM

A soldering iron will work too.. ;)

But seriously, I got rid of one once by basically clipping it out with nail clippers, and then dabbing with 90% alcohol.
I had one more after that, and used that freeze stuff. That worked well too!

I don't actually have a crossroads near me where I could bury anything.

http://runeforum.phrets.com
9 out of 10 string theory physicists agree: 'Nothing Rests; Everything Moves; Everything Vibrates'' -the Kybalion.

#5 falcnstar

falcnstar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 01:43 PM

You guys are into pain..huh. :)

#6 Rowan's Light

Rowan's Light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 01:53 PM

Warts only live for 18 months and then die. If you can avoid spreading they will leave eventually. My daughter has one and because she is so young they are going to try and leave it for now.

#7 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,075 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:21 PM

I've heard of the " dish rag " thing also, I've never had to use this rememdy though. Congrad's to Falcon since it worked for her. This is gonna gross some of ya'all out there, one of my gal pals had a wart on her female anatomy... she picked it up from some unclean chap... well.. she used duct tape... yep... that silver "do-all" stuff.. needless to say.. it worked, she just had to sport a bald spot for a time. ~ snickers ~ She got over it since she was happy the wart disappeared.. hell she liked it so much, she's ...how would one put it.... " bald and beautiful "..

#8 Crimson Witch

Crimson Witch

Mistress of havok

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:07 PM

Interesting on the dishrag. I will have to remember that next time instead of using the nail clippers. That's the way my mom taught me to get rid of them. But now that I know this one, well, next time I'll have to give it a try.
Age does not bring with it wisdom. Wisdom comes with experience.

#9 Grymdycche

Grymdycche

Thaumaturge Medicocre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 06:33 PM

I've heard of the " dish rag " thing also, I've never had to use this rememdy though. Congrad's to Falcon since it worked for her. This is gonna gross some of ya'all out there, one of my gal pals had a wart on her female anatomy... she picked it up from some unclean chap... well.. she used duct tape... yep... that silver "do-all" stuff.. needless to say.. it worked, she just had to sport a bald spot for a time. ~ snickers ~ She got over it since she was happy the wart disappeared.. hell she liked it so much, she's ...how would one put it.... " bald and beautiful "..

Yikes.. while all warts are caused by a virus, actually. (not herpes simplex), genital warts are a different virus than typical warts, I think, and more serious a problem.
She should still have that checked out by her gyno, IMO.
http://en.wikipedia....ki/Genital_wart

http://runeforum.phrets.com
9 out of 10 string theory physicists agree: 'Nothing Rests; Everything Moves; Everything Vibrates'' -the Kybalion.

#10 Rustling Leaves

Rustling Leaves

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 09:20 PM

I had a mass of them on my hands, well 5 on one hand and 2 on the other. I killed them off when I serviced the fuel pump in my cars diesel tank... I really don't recommend this one though, as it really isn't good for your skin. I have heard of the duct tape way as well, which I found helped, but, didn't cure...

#11 LDG

LDG

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 06:05 AM

I have heard duct tape, on moles as well, my taunti did that (great aunt) and they came off in a few weeks, problem is i have one on my face, that would be weird.

#12 Meaghan

Meaghan

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 01:44 PM

Oddly enough, the duct tape remedy is what came to mind when I saw the title of the thread. I guess is it works, people know about it! I wonder if there is some kind of scary chemical reaction that causes it...

#13 Rustling Leaves

Rustling Leaves

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 02:01 PM

I think effectively it seals the wart away from the air and as it sweats, it softens the head, which enables the top of it to be rubbed off with an emery board. Left again for a period of time, the next layer softens and so on and so forth... As the Wart size is reduced, the virus is weakened and so is more suseptible to the bodies defence to wipe it out...

#14 Meaghan

Meaghan

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:02 PM

I think effectively it seals the wart away from the air and as it sweats, it softens the head, which enables the top of it to be rubbed off with an emery board. Left again for a period of time, the next layer softens and so on and so forth... As the Wart size is reduced, the virus is weakened and so is more suseptible to the bodies defence to wipe it out...

Ahhh...that clears up that mystery. I was wondering because it specifically refers to duct tape.

#15 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,075 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 02:42 PM

Who knew ?!?! Although I was surprised at my gal pals medical prowness, regarding her use of duct tape for such a delicate area. I had no idea that some of you have heard of the use of duct tape for warts, I suggested that she see her female MD, yet she declined my concern. Ya just gotta love your gal pals, inspite of their quirkyness, I gather.

#16 Marion

Marion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 04:56 PM

I read on a forum about using clear nail varnish on warts to get rid...might work for the facial ones?
It works on the smother principle and is less obvious than duct tape :)

"Bart, the ability to add two-digit numbers does not make you a witch" ~ Lisa Simpson

#17 Nevaeh

Nevaeh

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 03:00 AM

I have heard duct tape, on moles as well, my taunti did that (great aunt) and they came off in a few weeks, problem is i have one on my face, that would be weird.

I was wondering if it worked on moles. I have them on my face as well...so I feel your pain about it being weird.

#18 Rustling Leaves

Rustling Leaves

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 07:42 PM

I was wondering if it worked on moles. I have them on my face as well...so I feel your pain about it being weird.

I don't think that I would want to walk about with bits of duct tape on my face...

On a similar note, Insulating tape on cuts seems to work pretty well too, protecting them and seamingly assist the healing too... (cut myself too many times working on the car and Insualting tape is the best thing available in my toolbox...) Stays on pretty well too...

#19 Marion

Marion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:43 AM

Found a few more remedies for warts in a cool little book I bought yesterday...tying either a horse hair or cotton thread tightly round the base of the wart, and leaving it there till the wart drops off.

If there's a blacksmith nearby, then get some water which has had the hot iron dipped into it during the tempering process. Bathe the wart with it twice a day. Supposedly works and leaves no scarring.

Also the white sap from a dandelion used on the warts is supposed to help, if used twice a day, although it does take a few weeks.

Radish slices rubbed on warts regularly, is another - and it's supposed to work for verrucas too. Other "twice a day" applications include oil of lemon, under skin of a banana, or the water in which potatoes have been boiled.

Lastly, wet the end of and unstruck match and apply it to the wart. The sulphur is supposedly the magic ingredient there....so, I guess that rules out safety matches then.

I hope if anyone uses a rememdy from this thread, or finds one of their own, then they'll report back :)

#20 Abraxia Thalgus

Abraxia Thalgus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:25 AM

Two remedies I've heard of is rubbing tomato on the warts and urinating on them. Gotta be fresh pee. Something about the uric acid.
...you need a lot of courage in this life, to make some of the choices you have to make. That's natural. I mean, you can't sit back like an amoeba and just regenerate yourself. You've got to be an exciting, dynamic human being, and there are choices you're going to make that's going to cause you some difficulty, and if it requires some courage on your part, then do it. - Charles Perkins, Arunta Elder, 1998