please help with my cat?

jellapudge

hi all, i am still very new to the craft, and though i have been lighting candles, and focusing my energy in ways i think i know best, i'd also appreciate the help of some of you who are more practiced, and confident..today one of my cats was diagnosed with kidney cancer, she is thirteen and a real sweetie, tomorrow she will have an ultrasound to see if the mass can be operated on, but i want to try to ensure she has the feeling of love and calm being sent to her...i am crumbling over the thought of her alone in a cage at the vet's office. if anybody can either suggest some thing i can do or if somebody is able to send something out for her i'd very very much appreciate it.. i hope to hear from you all...thanks.

Hey -

Sorry to hear about your cat... I think sometimes the best thing we can do is just love them. Cats don't know they have been diagnosed with cancer. They don't spend weeks and/or months at home being scared of death. Your feeling there is something wrong may scare her... sure most animals hate the vet, but they've gone there before. Just pet her and tell her to be good for the doctor and don't let her pick up on anything being wrong. If you have to let her go, then let her go. If she was special to you in a magical way, then when and if the time comes, ask the vet for her body and bury her in the back yard so you can get her bones later when nature has run it's course. If she worked with you, her spirit and bones will be very powerful for you. If it is inoperable and it is her time to pass, remember all the good feelings she's given to you and send them back to her.. let her see you happy which is how she wants you to be. She's been a very lucky cat and obviously lived a wonderful life with someone who loves her.

M xoxox

I would echo what Michele had said. When you take her to the vet, given that you take her in a crate, put a small blanket or towel in there with your scent on it. A familiar scent with her might be more comforting as she's in this strange and frightening place.

thanks for your thoughtful replies, we're supposed to hear if it's operable today, but there's a freaking blizzard and one of the vets may not be able to make it =/

Even tho I'm not a "cat person", I understand the love we humans and our furred or feathered friends have between us. Sending out my best thoughts for you!

thank you both very much as well, not that there's too much i'd be capable of as of yet, if there's anything i can ever do to help, don't hesitate to ask/message me or whatever..thank you for all the warm sentiment =)

you've been given good suggestions and i can only say that i wish you and your feline the best. being strong for her is the best thing to do for her. i can only assume she has been there for you in tough times that she probably didnt know how to fix it but did. you return the favor to her by being good to her.

i always say a lil prayer for my cats and all the feline families. so best wishes and stay positive.

again, thank you all so much..i've been lighting candles and trying to stay positive for her, i appreciate everyone on here for their insight and thoughts. thank you.

Archived