- - - - -

What are you reading ATM

• Please log in to reply
847 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Landieth_*

Guest_Landieth_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2008 - 04:57 AM

Actually I got the time to go through one of my favorite books "The Egyptian Book Of The Dead (The Papyrus of Ani) Egyptian Text Transliteration and Translation" , by E.A. Wallis Budge, ISBN: 0-486-21866-X

I've been meaning to get this one! At least, one of the versions out there. :) Thanks for the reminder hun!

#22 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 05:05 AM

I've been meaning to get this one! At least, one of the versions out there. :) Thanks for the reminder hun!

Have to tell you sweetie this is a GREAT book! I also have a book about Ancient Egypt as well to use as a cross reference :)

#23 Guest_Landieth_*

Guest_Landieth_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2008 - 05:11 AM

Have to tell you sweetie this is a GREAT book! I also have a book about Ancient Egypt as well to use as a cross reference :)

Interesting! What's the title?

#24 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 05:26 AM

Interesting! What's the title?

"The Encyclopedia Of Ancient Egypt", General Edition by Helen Strudwick, ISBN: 1-904687-99

#25 GreyOwl

GreyOwl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 01:38 PM

Brisingr (Inheritance, Book 3). by Christopher Paolini

Serpent of Light; Beyond 2012. by Drunvalo Melchizedek

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Badger

If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called Research - A. Einstein

#26 Jaime

Jaime

the cat's staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 03:54 PM

The first book is from a television series that was aired in the UK. I will be reading the sequel, Britain AD next.

The second is a translation of OI texts from a long list provided to me that I am working my way through.

The last was one I found on an academic site relating to Cunningcraft, the link to which I posted in the newly formed links section. ;)

Sweet! :D

I picked up on the link already, tks!

:howl-moon:

Respect the Elders. Teach the Young. Cooperate with the Pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your Mark.

:Witch-1:

#27 winter

winter

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 01:03 AM

Atm, I'm reading...everything I can on this forum! :-)

a book on practical aromatherapy

and how to heal your life by louise hay. (all about affirmations and positive thinking...)

awe I love good read! :-)

w.
x

#28 LadyHawk

LadyHawk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 06:57 PM

I've read some stuff by Louise Hay....very good. ATM im reading A History of Social Care in Great Britain (not as bad as it sounds), it's part of my uni work, Hand of Evil by J A Jance....just finished Devil Bones by Kathy Reichs (a load of cobblers!) and waiting for The Heir to Sevenwaters by Julliet Marrilier which comes out on Nov 7th.
LadyHawk x

#29 winter

winter

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 07:11 PM

ooh I ordered a book on amazon a few weeks ago called "the witches guide to life" by kala trobe and it came in the post last night.

I did have second thoughts about reading it as after joining here and learning there are a lot of books out there that are not relevant to trad w. I thought it was gonna be another wiccan book but its actually pretty good so far :-)

Am only on the first chapter but it includes this huge section on the differences between wiccan and non wiccan witches and traditional witchcraft, which is a good help :-) and she also says that the rest of her book will be giving both the wiccan and non wiccan view points....so I'm just gonna underline the bits I think are relevant to me as I go along.

I reckon its the the best book on wc that I have bought so far (tho, as I said, I am only a chapter in....we'll see hehe.)

anyone else read it?

w.
x x x

#30 Dawn

Dawn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 01:23 PM

I read a fictional book by Kala Trobe, I think it was called the Magickal Bookshop or something. For a fictional book, and pretty much a light read i really enjoyed it so maybe give that a go as well.

#31 Brigid

Brigid

Beyond The Bullshit...........yeah, even yours.......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 03:08 PM

Currently;
Man and his Symbols By Carl G. Jung
The Practice of Celtic Wisdom Druid Magic By Maya Magee Sutton and Nicholas R. Mann
The Irish Celtic Magical Tradition "Ancient Wisdom of the Battle of Moytura" By Steve Blamires.

Really need to get something light in here! LOL but that's what sports are for :)

#32 lurcher

lurcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 03:30 PM

Oh all there academic works put my two to shame.
Just finished Neil Gaiman's American Gods which is a must for everyone.
I tend to have a Pratchett on the go most of the time for a little light relief. Currently its Guards! Guards!

Not sure what I'll turn to next.

Brian

#33 Brigid

Brigid

Beyond The Bullshit...........yeah, even yours.......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:42 PM

ROFLMAO @ Brian,

What you don't understand is that I spend all of my days with a 4 yr. old boy, hence at the end of the day, my brain in some serious need of stimulation. :) Actually, I looked up the book you mentioned "American Gods" It looks interesting!!

#34 Ancestral Celt

Ancestral Celt

Hermit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 07:28 PM

"Tales of Beedle the Bard" by J.K. Rowling.

Should be finished in another 45 minutes. :rofl:

#35 Singing Bird

Singing Bird

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 07:34 PM

I'm still reading this forum. Who needs books when you've got this place? :eheheh:

SB

#36 Guest_Landieth_*

Guest_Landieth_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2008 - 11:35 PM

I'm still reading this forum. Who needs books when you've got this place? :eheheh:

SB

Right?! i get on here every day.. I'm obviously addicted. =/

it's put up right now but I'm currently on Crone's Book of Charms and Spells. Some interesting stuff in there, and I'm lovin the inspirational boost. :D

#37 Cairelle

Cairelle

GiGi Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,374 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 01:27 AM

I am reading "The Affair of the Poisons: Murder, Infanticide, and Satanism at the Court of Louis XIV" by Anne Somerset.

VERY interesting!

“People don’t live in New Orleans because it is easy. They live here because they are incapable of living anywhere else in the just same way.” – Ian McNulty, A Season of Night: New Orleans Life After Katrina

#38 sophiadawn

sophiadawn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:16 AM

The only book I have finished in the past week (and I have read it several times!!) is "Corduroys Halloween" hahahah...yeah, perfect reading for 1 yr olds...and those boys already like books. I think they must take after me.

On a grown-up level, I took "Mists of Avalon" off the shelf with the idea I would finally read it, read the prologue so far. I also have "The Omnivore's Dilemna" in progress. I have been sorting through a bunch of magazines lately too.

#39 Guest_Landieth_*

Guest_Landieth_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:01 PM

I've put away the Crone's book since I bought a book on Indigo children..

Beyond the Indigo Children - P.M.H. Atwater L.H.D.

It's a bit different and touches on prophecy and such, but actually - to me at least, makes a whole lot of god damn sense. LOL

After which I'll be reading Stephen King's - The Talisman.

#40 Guest_Oakbuchanan_*

Guest_Oakbuchanan_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2008 - 09:43 PM

Well Im just reading through a fine little book called A witch's guide to gardening by Dorothy Jacob, which I came across in a charity shop today.. Its a first edition 1964 print in reasonable nik and it cost me 1.50.. Ive just checked a few dealers sites and its marked at 850.00+! That put a smile on me mush! lol :)