70 replies to this topic

#21 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:49 PM

I work with crystals and gems and stone. I think that was my first real love, as a child, collecting gem stones.

The last time i went to Avebury I pushed my gem stones, after meditating heavily on them, into the Stones at Avebury. I pushed them far enough in to ensure no one could get them out. I like it that something so personal of my is in Avebury, I love that place.

I certainly do use crystals and stones quite a bit in my work, optioning for the more rough found-in-the-garden kind. I am lucky that the beaches here are loaded with natural rough quartz crystal. How I use them is dependent on the working at hand however in general I like to use a piece of quartz to contain the land sprowl, an altar stone, and a Godstone.

I was searching my old books regarding the certain properties of stones, and with the references above that somehow I could not get to " quote " here, (It's the operator, not the software, trust me ). I like the uses of stones, one in particular draws my attention and I use it quite frequently in my divination of Tarot. It's the Serpentine Stone, just from the little bit I've researched on it, I thought I'd share with you all, since some of the posters referenced Serpentine Energy.

The Stone has been used as a temple stone for meditation, to ensue the Great Spirit. It cleanses the aura, and helps manifest dreams and desires. Serpentine is said to restore self-confidence, dispel fear and enhance meditation. For women it is said to balance hormones and to assist milk production in nursing mothers. Serpentine can give assistance to the disorders in all the areas of the body, meaning the emotional state, the mental state, as well as the physical state. Serpentine is a powerful healing stone that aids the clearing of blocked areas, bringing the chakras back in balance, and is particularly beneficial for the heart charka.
Serpentine helps clear away any mental and emotional imbalances. It helps you feel in control of yourself.

It is often used to open the Kundalini energy and clearing the chakras. Serpentine is a green stone that can be clear green or green with some darker spots reminicent of a snakes skin.
Serpentine is an earthing stone. It strengthens meditation and spiritual exploration. It clears the Chakras and stimulates the Crown Chakra, opening psychic abilities and helping you to understand the spiritual basis of life. Serpentine helps you tap into spiritual wisdom as well as past life knowledge. Serpentine also opens new pathways, mental stability and assists in answers for those seeking clarity. Serpentine helps you to feel more in control of your life. It corrects mental and emotional imbalances and helps guide the conscious direction of healing energy towards problem areas.

Physically, Serpentine is extremely cleansing and detoxifying for the body and blood. It is believed to promote longevity. Serpentine is one of the greatest crystals to have during time regression and past life regression work, stimulating your memory and connections. It enhances meditation and favors spiritual exploration. Eliminates parasites, helps calcium and magnesium absorption, and diabetes. Now I'm no expert on Kundalini by no means, but I have heard of it's use in Yoga, regarding the base of the spine as the cradle of the Serpent Energy.

Regards,
Gypsy

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

Terry Pratchett Legends 1 

#22 Luna Solare

Luna Solare

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:46 AM

I can't say that i have a lot of knowledge about stones, however i do use a crystal quartz stone, for meditation. I have to say that i did notice a difference. It does seem to amplify everything.
The other thing that i use a crystal pendulum for chakra balancing. It is very accurate and can pick up on the energies almost immediately.

-L

#23 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:58 AM

I used gemsstones often in my practise. I tend to make pictures and shapes with them and that works well for me. When I want to do a working, I will go throw my gemstones and grab the one I'm feeling on that particular day. Amethyst is really special to me so that is the one I use the most. Sometimes I will just slip one in my pocket for the day. I tend to use the shiny, polished ones because I like that way they feel. I have the rough ones aswell, but I don't use those as much.

#24 winter night

winter night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 09:20 AM

where I grew up there is alot of quartz churned up everytime the fields were ploughed, so I have a few of those, just rough and straight from the ground, but the stones I use in my workings are mainly from the beach.

You can rub oils in easily and they are easy to score if you want to mark them with symbols.

My favourite crystal though is my labradorite stone, which changes colour in the light - it has alot of depth to it and the markings look like lots of tall thin trees in a dense forest - its great just for looking into and getting lost in. I keep it with me everywhere I go (its in a pendant so not hard!) and I love it - its the only piece of jewellery that I have ever worn morning, noon and night. Its my wee pal! :chakrahearts:

I have toyed with the idea of using if for scrying, so its on my hit list of stuff to do! :popcorn:

#25 Figment

Figment

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:57 PM

My favourite crystal though is my labradorite stone, which changes colour in the light - it has alot of depth to it and the markings look like lots of tall thin trees in a dense forest - its great just for looking into and getting lost in. I keep it with me everywhere I go (its in a pendant so not hard!) and I love it - its the only piece of jewellery that I have ever worn morning, noon and night. Its my wee pal! :chakrahearts:

Labradorite is one of my favorite stones as well. I have several some are cut gemstone quality, others are just polished or rough. Even my favorite pendulum is made of labradorite.

I do use stones in my workings farily often as there are just so many uses for them. I enjoy working with salt (its protective qualities are great around any home), aquamarine, quartz, amethyst and moonstones to just name a few. I feel that all stones (really anything from the Earth) has its own energies and properties. It really doesn't matter if it is a gemstone or one from your local hiking spot or yard. Now a stone can become so corrupted with negativity or over use that it hardly has any energy left in it to feel or use.

#26 Babooshka

Babooshka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 09:47 PM

I started out by collecting stones when i was about 5 or 6. I was lucky enough to be given lots of them by a neighbour of mine. Most of my collection is shop bought stones. I know that they aren't extracted in the kindest way but I can't help but love them. I've only quite recently been able to feel the energy of some stones so I'm not that 'tuned in' so it's hard for me to say much in that respect. I feel the most with selenite, that was really the first stone I felt anything off. As far as looks go, I'm with the others on labradorite though :P

I been wanting to work with natural stones for a while (stones found out and about). The idea of hagstones is one i find really interesting. I live by wookey hole caves and I'm sure there'd be some really interesting stones in the river that comes through and out of the caves. I'm sure that the fact the water comes through the caves would have some effect or significance wouldn't it?

Here to discuss, debate, listen and learn.

#27 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:00 PM

I think caves have deep spiritual and mystical significance. I don't live near any nor have I been to any that I remember. Can you get to the caves? Maybe swim into one and look for stones?

M

#28 Babooshka

Babooshka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:07 PM

I think caves have deep spiritual and mystical significance. I don't live near any nor have I been to any that I remember. Can you get to the caves? Maybe swim into one and look for stones?

M

The caves are a sort of tourist attraction (not i've made them sound cheap now lol) and you have to pay to get in. But there's a smallish river that run's out and out of the 'paying area' so while the stones won't be in the cave themselves, won't it still have some effect as the water they're in would be coming from the caves?

#29 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:21 PM

The caves are a sort of tourist attraction (not i've made them sound cheap now lol) and you have to pay to get in. But there's a smallish river that run's out and out of the 'paying area' so while the stones won't be in the cave themselves, won't it still have some effect as the water they're in would be coming from the caves?

I would say yes. I have found that in things like that where it becomes "touristy" it's not like the spirits of place leave, they just go very deep, but I think that being a witch you could awaken a contact through the stones, and stones have been used for ages as "homes" for gods/land energies. The hearth-stone of the house, the alter-stone, etc. I believe people used to take stones with them when they moved location and used the stones as a connection to their gods, thereby bringing their gods with them to the new home. And if you take a cave as a womb then I would see the waters as the waters of birth. I think stones you find there would have the propensity to be wonderfully magical. If it were me I'd hang out there a bit, try to get the land/cave spirits to recognize me and/or know me, do soemthing nice for them (even picking up some trash if the tourists leave any) and let them sense you and your intentions, maybe even do a houzel (sp), then ask them if they will gift you with a stone and use the stone to contact and work with them. Sounds very exciting - let us know how it goes!

M

#30 Babooshka

Babooshka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:38 PM

I would say yes. I have found that in things like that where it becomes "touristy" it's not like the spirits of place leave, they just go very deep, but I think that being a witch you could awaken a contact through the stones, and stones have been used for ages as "homes" for gods/land energies. The hearth-stone of the house, the alter-stone, etc. I believe people used to take stones with them when they moved location and used the stones as a connection to their gods, thereby bringing their gods with them to the new home. And if you take a cave as a womb then I would see the waters as the waters of birth. I think stones you find there would have the propensity to be wonderfully magical. If it were me I'd hang out there a bit, try to get the land/cave spirits to recognize me and/or know me, do soemthing nice for them (even picking up some trash if the tourists leave any) and let them sense you and your intentions, maybe even do a houzel (sp), then ask them if they will gift you with a stone and use the stone to contact and work with them. Sounds very exciting - let us know how it goes!

M

Yeah, I spend alot of time in the area and by the river in the summer. I don't really know what I'm looking for when I'm trying to connect with places or develop relationships. I know it takes time, and I'm willing to put that in, but does it come to you, or are you looking for something. This is always something I've had a problem with, I alway think "what next?" I'm err hyjacking the thread a bit sorry :/

#31 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:03 PM

so while the stones won't be in the cave themselves, won't it still have some effect as the water they're in would be coming from the caves?

Oh... Babooshka, caves are ancient in their knowledge and any stone comming from them would posess great properties as well as energies from the cave itself or the water. There are many myths about dieties who at the end of their day/cycle would retire to a cave to bathe in what could be called Waters of Life, in order to arise reborn the next day.
Since you've been working with your energy to raise it, and have had some success in that particular part of your path,
could you not experiment at this.... and call a stone to you from the area in this park, that is near to you? I think that would be just such a treat, from a cave. :happy:

Regards,
Gypsy

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

#32 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:08 PM

Now a stone can become so corrupted with negativity or over use that it hardly has any energy left in it to feel or use.

Would you expound on this statement please ? Thank you.

Regards,
Gypsy

#33 Babooshka

Babooshka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:11 PM

Oh... Babooshka, caves are ancient in their knowledge and any stone comming from them would posess great properties as well as energies from the cave itself or the water. There are many myths about dieties who at the end of their day/cycle would retire to a cave to bathe in what could be called Waters of Life, in order to arise reborn the next day.
Since you've been working with your energy to raise it, and have had some success in that particular part of your path,
could you not experiment at this.... and call a stone to you from the area in this park, that is near to you? I think that would be just such a treat, from a cave. :happy:

Regards,
Gypsy

I love the concept of the waters of life and like Michele said about the caves being the womb, this really strikes a chord with me. This is really inspiring to me actually, as soon as it gets warm enough, I'll be down there! I'm sure that I'll know the stone I need when i see it. Just need to work on sensing and connecting with the energy because this is something which I (conciously) have little knowledge of. Thanks so much, I wouldn't mind writing some of that down if that's alright with you, and michele? :)

#34 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:21 PM

I love the concept of the waters of life and like Michele said about the caves being the womb, this really strikes a chord with me. This is really inspiring to me actually, as soon as it gets warm enough, I'll be down there! I'm sure that I'll know the stone I need when i see it. Just need to work on sensing and connecting with the energy because this is something which I (conciously) have little knowledge of. Thanks so much, I wouldn't mind writing some of that down if that's alright with you, and michele? :)

Darlin, I've got tons of info on Caves and their symbols, if you need some, just holler. And of course it's alright with me that you write down what ever resonates with you. It's all good with me. I loved your post about Energy, you are a very intelligent man.

Regards,
Gypsy

#35 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 12:47 AM

Yeah, I spend alot of time in the area and by the river in the summer. I don't really know what I'm looking for when I'm trying to connect with places or develop relationships. I know it takes time, and I'm willing to put that in, but does it come to you, or are you looking for something. This is always something I've had a problem with, I alway think "what next?" I'm err hyjacking the thread a bit sorry :/

No - not at all, lol. One of the best people to ask about this is Grimr. He is very involved with the green realms. If you look at his profile you can find his posts and I'm sure there's been some related posts. I would say to attempt- to just start showing the interest and the attempt to connect and it will be felt. And notice how you feel - when you're by the caves do you feel calm, peaceful, nervous, angry, disoriented... see what kind of vibes you pick up from the place. It usually takes a while- especially think of how long a stone has been in existance. To them taking 3 months to answer is like us taking half a second to answer. Their time doesn't run on the same level as ours does. See if you can find a spot where you feel a possibility, and then go there often and think or meditate. See if you get unusual thoughts or impulses, or suddenly get an answer (even after you have left the place) or an idea. The more you work with it the more you will feel it. Caves are also related to initiations, so I would think anything from them would have the possibility of being strongly connective. After you've gone there a few times and stated or communicated your intent, take something back with you and sleep with it under your pillow for a while. And if you take something, give something back in return. I read a beautiful piece about a garden offering made from rose petals in water then sprayed in the garden. At the time I'd asked Grimr if he didn't think that a bit canabalistic, but he pointed out that life, death, decay, fertilizer, is the way of the garden and he is quite right, lol. You could even make a pleasing herbal water and take it with you and water one of the plants in the area with it. Just don't do anythign that litters (like lighting a tea-light and then leaving the tin or plastic holder behind).

M

#36 Babooshka

Babooshka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:03 AM

Darlin, I've got tons of info on Caves and their symbols, if you need some, just holler. And of course it's alright with me that you write down what ever resonates with you. It's all good with me. I loved your post about Energy, you are a very intelligent man.

Regards,
Gypsy

I will do that if i need more info in the future, thanks! :)

No - not at all, lol. One of the best people to ask about this is Grimr. He is very involved with the green realms. If you look at his profile you can find his posts and I'm sure there's been some related posts. I would say to attempt- to just start showing the interest and the attempt to connect and it will be felt. And notice how you feel - when you're by the caves do you feel calm, peaceful, nervous, angry, disoriented... see what kind of vibes you pick up from the place. It usually takes a while- especially think of how long a stone has been in existance. To them taking 3 months to answer is like us taking half a second to answer. Their time doesn't run on the same level as ours does. See if you can find a spot where you feel a possibility, and then go there often and think or meditate. See if you get unusual thoughts or impulses, or suddenly get an answer (even after you have left the place) or an idea. The more you work with it the more you will feel it. Caves are also related to initiations, so I would think anything from them would have the possibility of being strongly connective. After you've gone there a few times and stated or communicated your intent, take something back with you and sleep with it under your pillow for a while. And if you take something, give something back in return. I read a beautiful piece about a garden offering made from rose petals in water then sprayed in the garden. At the time I'd asked Grimr if he didn't think that a bit canabalistic, but he pointed out that life, death, decay, fertilizer, is the way of the garden and he is quite right, lol. You could even make a pleasing herbal water and take it with you and water one of the plants in the area with it. Just don't do anythign that litters (like lighting a tea-light and then leaving the tin or plastic holder behind).

M

Thats something I've never even considered when thinking about getting some form of reply - the difference in time scale - thats a real eye opener to me, I find that just mind boggling to think about. Thanks for all your ideas, at least i've got a direction to go in now, something i can really get my teeth into :P

#37 winter night

winter night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 07:09 PM

I will do that if i need more info in the future, thanks! :)

Thats something I've never even considered when thinking about getting some form of reply - the difference in time scale - thats a real eye opener to me, I find that just mind boggling to think about. Thanks for all your ideas, at least i've got a direction to go in now, something i can really get my teeth into :P

I love doing anything sea magic - even just going to the beach and firing a few pebbles in for a working, and waiting to see what the sea brings back in return is really rewarding.

I haven't worked with caves though, must try that out, but huge rock pillars and rockpools can also be create places to focus your intent and energy.

And the excuse to have an icecream later is a real bonus! LOL!

#38 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:06 PM

I wish we got little tide-pools here. They're like little mini-worlds unto themselves. I usually don't go to the beach becuase I burn too easily, but you all are making me want to get up with the sunrise and take drive out there, lol.

M

#39 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 02:03 PM

Now a stone can become so corrupted with negativity or over use that it hardly has any energy left in it to feel or use.

Hi Figment,

Would you please expound or clarify this for me, is this knowledge that you submit from personal experiance ? Thank you!
Regards,
Gypsy

#40 Absinthe

Absinthe

Inquisitor's Bane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 03:35 PM

could you not experiment at this.... and call a stone to you from the area in this park, that is near to you?
Regards,
Gypsy

[/quote]

I did this recently really feeling the need to have a hagstone but never having seen one in the area. I called and it came to me. It's worth trying.

Nosce te ipsum, et sapere aude