The Vampire Diaries

Nyx

Totally love True Blood Series, it comes on late here in the Lake Country. I wasn't a fan of Twilight, must be my age. ~ smiles ~... however... I found a series of books by J.R. Ward, The Black Dagger Brotherhood. Now... ehm.. that really makes me quiver, and bite my bottom lip.. perce. E-Yummmm.

Regards,

GG:mdance::cheers:

• 3 months later...

Do you know what I am noticing. The more Vampire series i read or start to watch on the tv that were PRE Twilight, the more it looks like Stephanie Meyer has drawn on quite a few places for her so called ideas.

Yep! That's for sure. She was just the first to get famous, but ripped off all the other at the time "no-names".

I've watched the whole first season of VD and I love it! Was slow to warm up to it, but I cant wait till the second season starts. The witch in it is not too bad also, I like it so far :D

• 1 month later...

I LOVE the vampire diaries. I am currently watching the season 1 DVDs as I type this.

I just wanted to add that the original 4 books of The Vampire Diaries were written between 1991 and I think the fourth was published in 1993. So The Vampire Diaries were indeed written long before the crap that is Twilight.

However the show and the books are basically complete different storylines.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

The season 2 finale is this Thursday, I wonder how they are going to end it as they usually leave it with a cliff hanger. I very much prefer the tv show to the books. I can't make it past chapter 10 of the first Vampire Diaries books.

I also love True Blood, but I do prefer the books there.

As for Twilight, I think the story is good, but probably should have been written by a different, much more experienced writter.

I dont know. I can't get in to this show. Alayna's voice drives me up the fucking wall. In each episode she says "Stefen" like 50 times.:brickwall: As for Twilight. Nope. Not a fan at all. Bella's personality irritates me.

I'm sticking with Supernatual and Smallville....until friday when they will both have their series finale. Damn....

I dont know. I can't get in to this show. Alayna's voice drives me up the fucking wall. In each episode she says "Stefen" like 50 times.:brickwall: As for Twilight. Nope. Not a fan at all. Bella's personality irritates me.

I'm sticking with Supernatual and Smallville....until friday when they will both have their series finale. Damn....

I agree, Bella's personality is annoying and weak.

Smallville is ending Friday, but Supernatural will be back next season. It was picked up for the 2011 - 2012 season. So at least you have that to look forward to TV wise.

I can't wait to see the season finale. I have it dvr'd since I am working secon shift at the moment.

I have to say Bonnie, the witch, is my favorite character on this show. Followed by Katherine. I really dont cre about the main 3 cast members. I really don't care if Damon dies or not.

Guest MissTree

I like the Vampire Diaries. It's an interesting story line. Plus it has Ian Somerhalder. *purring*

Twilight...I actually like the books better...crappy writing style & all. Watching Kristen Stewart try to act makes me wish "Edward" would punch "Bella" in the throat.

True Blood, I like their storyline too...except for Sookie. Anna's voice is annoying and Sookie's lines are too wishy washy & flouncy. If they replaced Anna Paquin with a pissed off Angelina Jolie, and rewrote the Sookie character to have a little more spine....it would be the BEST VAMPIRE SHOW EVER!

In my not so humble opinion. *laughing*

i Luv the Vampire Diries! and i agree Ian Somerhalder is delicious! ive read the books too, very diffrent to the tv show but still a good read. Did anyone else think that the second last episode in season two would have been a better cliffhanger than the last episode? i kinda fealt like the last episode coulda easily been the start to the next season (the episode was still very good tho)

Twilight, I enjoyed the books, but a bit disapointed with the films, mainly with Bellas part, she seemed to have more of a voice in the books, much stronger charecter than the one you see on the screen, meh maybe she will suprise us all and up her game in the last two films.

at first i couldnt get into Tru Blood, (i know whats wrong with me) but at the beggining of the year i tried it again and loved it, couldn't understand why i couldn't make it through the first episode last time lol i luv how it shows the vampires darker side, and the possibilities how the world would react too them. i watched all 3 seasons back to back :) cant wait for season 4 now!

• 6 months later...

I tried to get into the series but meh.....kinda boring. I find all these new vampire shows and whatnot so touchy feel blah blah.

I miss Spike.

Once you get past the first season, and even in the first season you see that all the other vampires besides Stefan ad Damon are much more badass than Spike ever dreamed of being. You have Katherine who chops someone's fingers off and sticks the knife in his guts just to make a point. She also compels Aunt Jenna to stab herself. Then you have Elijah who bedheads another vampire with nothing more than a karate chop to the neck, and rips out two other vampire's heart simultaneously. Then there is Damon who tortures a werewolf with wolf's bane while the man is chained to a chair.

Spike always annoyed me. He was never as badass as the audience was supposed to believe. I wish he has been staked at the end of season 2 like originally planned.

I don't look just for "badass" though. Spike had depth. His story was incredibly well thought out and acted, IMO. It never bothered me that they only explained his past indiscretions instead of showing him that way in modern life. It actually makes sense if you think about it- he was a "has been" just like Angel. That was a part of their character's makeup.

I haven't seen Vampire Diaries but noticed it was on Netflix. I may check it out but honestly it seems very standard CW glam vs having any actual substance. I may be surprised, though!

True Blood I watch and I have read the book series it was based on. It's very rare for me to like the adaptation better than the book but I think Ball has done wonders with the show. Season 2 and 3 were meh but seasons 1 and 4 were excellent, IMO.

And sorry but IMNSHO Twilight doesn't belong in a conversation about vampires.

• 5 months later...

I'm a little late to this party, but had to post anyway. I love the Vampire Diaries. It's one of my favorite shows on tv. Damon is the bomb! Elena is stupid. Can't she see that Damon loves her more? Who always swoops in to save her?? Not Stephan. wallbash.gifAnd he's way hotter, too. Reminds me of a young Rob Lowe, who reminds me of my husband when we were young. But my truly favorite character is Caroline. She is so sweet and innocent, just a beautiful girl with a beautiful unaffected spirit, always trying to keep things light and positive, despite the darkness that is overtaking their town and their loved ones. I can't wait for next season. It's gonna be a long summer.

I'm a little late to this party, but had to post anyway. I love the Vampire Diaries. It's one of my favorite shows on tv. Damon is the bomb! Elena is stupid. Can't she see that Damon loves her more? Who always swoops in to save her?? Not Stephan. wallbash.gifAnd he's way hotter, too.

You're not the only one late to the party. I watched the first season as it came on tv, but for some reason... (I think she's 4 now...) I wasn't able to keep up. The fact that it's on Netflix now makes me giddy as it truly is one of my guilty pleasures..

...And yes, Damon would be sooo much better for Elena than Stefan... She's like most young women though. Can't see the forest for the trees..

Edited by Alienor Bel

...And yes, Damon would be sooo much better for Elena than Stefan... She's like most young women though. Can't see the forest for the trees..

Very true. I can understand the "he's a killer" thing and that's really what she hold against him, but what she fails to realize is that he's the one with balls to do what's necessary, and he doesn't struggle with who is, he knows and he doesn't hide it.

You're not the only one late to the party. I watched the first season as it came on tv, but for some reason... (I think she's 4 now...) I wasn't able to keep up. The fact that it's on Netflix now makes me giddy as it truly is one of my guilty pleasures..

Yeah. Such a shame, isn't it? Everyone else can see so clearly, but the girl is usually blind. It's just usually the other way around. She is usually blinded by the bad boy hottie, not the good guy. lol