• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 SerpentWitch

SerpentWitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:55 AM

Interesting article and something I haven't done in a while. Since someone already asked Michael to help and protect me, I might try and use this ritual. Now is a period for me to change things, to get rid of whatever I don't need anymore and make room for new things in my life.

Posted ImageWalking in Darkness

#22 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:02 PM

In my training one can never break those attachments, what they used to call the silver threads that bind us.

In part due to the way we associate things and connect with people there are so many fibers that there is no fiber or cord that can be severed between person A and person B.  Consider you have a friend that you do all sorts of of things with.  Later something happens and you wish to separate yourself from said individual so you go to cut the elusive cords or threads.  But where do you start?  You now hate the person so try to cut them out but forgot that you share a cord with Person C who is still a close friend and you can't cut them out so a collateral thread hangs there.  Then when you and person C get together the thread to person B is recharged by association and experience.

Then you have the way things are stored in our own minds and memories.  So you happen to recall some great party you went to and in reflection you re-connect the thread to person B because they were there with you.  Some event that connects directly to them but also via association so when you sever that thread you can't sever that memory and connection.  So once again there is a silver thread that is bundled inside another silver thread that connects you on yet another level.

Then that is only the active threads, it doesn't include faded threads or inactive threads.  Your memory of person b is sort of faint because you grew up together and the memory fades until triggered by some other memory or situation.  Some old photo that suddenly shows up in your parents photo album for instance. But once again the thread is vibrant and active because it connects via an association.

Then there are the protections that are placed up.  Yet most fail because of back door and inside memories and connections.  Protections mainly work because most people are not going to focus upon you to such a degree that they will penetrate those guards.  Your shields act like a windshield and the bugs smash into it or deflect off of it simply because you pass through them.  Yet if its a determined attack then entry is almost a given certainty.  Whether it be by old threads that linger, new threads that are exploitable or simple because every defense is corruptible and exploitable.

Its like protection that is done for a home.  So many fancy wards yet a person can enter via hundreds of openings.  Energy passed via sewer lines, tv lines, telephone lines, water lines, energy currents that pass dimensionally across the place. Silver threads and cords are like those many entry points that we do not guard against, most often simply because we either forget them or they are not direct line of site connections to us.

But I admit many of the things people guard against today in the past we used to train to identify and how to exploit as a means of understanding our own weaknesses and vulnerabilities.  Hair, body parts like finger nails, menstrual blood, emotional boundaries like family, lovers and friends.  All silver cords that are present and bundled in the many cords that connect us together.

#23 Nikki

Nikki

Air Bender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:57 AM

I’ve always known the Silver Cord as an Astral connection to oneself. There’s only one.

While Etheric Cords bind people to others and experiences. These are earth bound connections that can be cut using various methods. 

Edited by Nikki, 14 April 2014 - 11:57 AM.

The difference between Medicine and Poison is the Dose. :oil-bottle:
I Love you as certain Dark Things are to be Loved,
In Secret, Between the Shadow and the Soul.
- Pablo Neruda

#24 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:59 PM

I’ve always known the Silver Cord as an Astral connection to oneself. There’s only one.

While Etheric Cords bind people to others and experiences. These are earth bound connections that can be cut using various methods. 

I was taught what forms on the astral takes shape on the physical / etheral.  So while it is formed there its not removed from there to take shape down here.  Almost a sense of there are connections to the higher vibrations of self that reflect or imitate the vibrations and connections of the the lower self.  As such it works both ways in the we upload and download those connections.  I personally think it's why you have memories that flood in when we connect to our higher selves that are buried within on our lower selves.  Though that I also think has to do with the higher self not being constricted by notions of time as the material self is.

Sort of the situation were they not both equally maintained then the higher self would not have the benefit of all of ones experiences to draw upon. Almost suggesting the higher would be devoid of the emotional experiences and only formed and influenced by logical connections..

Edited by monsnoleedra, 14 April 2014 - 04:00 PM.

#25 Wexler

Wexler

Something wrong? Blame retrograde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:41 PM

In my training one can never break those attachments, what they used to call the silver threads that bind us.

In part due to the way we associate things and connect with people there are so many fibers that there is no fiber or cord that can be severed between person A and person B.  Consider you have a friend that you do all sorts of of things with.  Later something happens and you wish to separate yourself from said individual so you go to cut the elusive cords or threads.  But where do you start?  You now hate the person so try to cut them out but forgot that you share a cord with Person C who is still a close friend and you can't cut them out so a collateral thread hangs there.  Then when you and person C get together the thread to person B is recharged by association and experience.

Then you have the way things are stored in our own minds and memories.  So you happen to recall some great party you went to and in reflection you re-connect the thread to person B because they were there with you.  Some event that connects directly to them but also via association so when you sever that thread you can't sever that memory and connection.  So once again there is a silver thread that is bundled inside another silver thread that connects you on yet another level.

Then that is only the active threads, it doesn't include faded threads or inactive threads.  Your memory of person b is sort of faint because you grew up together and the memory fades until triggered by some other memory or situation.  Some old photo that suddenly shows up in your parents photo album for instance. But once again the thread is vibrant and active because it connects via an association.

Then there are the protections that are placed up.  Yet most fail because of back door and inside memories and connections.  Protections mainly work because most people are not going to focus upon you to such a degree that they will penetrate those guards.  Your shields act like a windshield and the bugs smash into it or deflect off of it simply because you pass through them.  Yet if its a determined attack then entry is almost a given certainty.  Whether it be by old threads that linger, new threads that are exploitable or simple because every defense is corruptible and exploitable.

Its like protection that is done for a home.  So many fancy wards yet a person can enter via hundreds of openings.  Energy passed via sewer lines, tv lines, telephone lines, water lines, energy currents that pass dimensionally across the place. Silver threads and cords are like those many entry points that we do not guard against, most often simply because we either forget them or they are not direct line of site connections to us.

But I admit many of the things people guard against today in the past we used to train to identify and how to exploit as a means of understanding our own weaknesses and vulnerabilities.  Hair, body parts like finger nails, menstrual blood, emotional boundaries like family, lovers and friends.  All silver cords that are present and bundled in the many cords that connect us together.

From your description here MonSno, it sounds like the attacker always has the advantage.

'Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.'

'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.'

[avatar source]

#26 Nikki

Nikki

Air Bender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:48 PM

I was taught what forms on the astral takes shape on the physical / etheral.  So while it is formed there its not removed from there to take shape down here.  Almost a sense of there are connections to the higher vibrations of self that reflect or imitate the vibrations and connections of the the lower self.  As such it works both ways in the we upload and download those connections.  I personally think it's why you have memories that flood in when we connect to our higher selves that are buried within on our lower selves.  Though that I also think has to do with the higher self not being constricted by notions of time as the material self is.

Sort of the situation were they not both equally maintained then the higher self would not have the benefit of all of ones experiences to draw upon. Almost suggesting the higher would be devoid of the emotional experiences and only formed and influenced by logical connections..

Huh? I cannot make sense of that. 

I thought this was about method/s of severing etheric cords?  Whatever. 

Edited by Nikki, 14 April 2014 - 04:48 PM.

The difference between Medicine and Poison is the Dose. :oil-bottle:
I Love you as certain Dark Things are to be Loved,
In Secret, Between the Shadow and the Soul.
- Pablo Neruda

#27 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:06 PM

Huh? I cannot make sense of that. 

I thought this was about method/s of severing etheric cords?  Whatever. 

Sorry the easiest I can make it is the etheral cord is a duplicate of the astral body cords.  Severe the etheral and it is recreated by copying the astral cord connections automatically.  The so called super self acting upon the inputs from the self and maintaining the full history and experience of the incarnation.  As such it can not be cut and removed.  Like a memory it can be hidden or forgotten (buried) but it is never removed and can always be accessed if one knows how.

In many ways it seems the whole purpose of cutting cords is to make the person feel good about themselves and remove them from responsibility and accountability for their actions. .Something that came in with the new age groupings and influence of the late 90's and forward.

Edited by monsnoleedra, 14 April 2014 - 05:14 PM.

#28 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:19 PM

From your description here MonSno, it sounds like the attacker always has the advantage.

In truth I think they do.  Historically attackers have always been able to exploit the notion of defense and protection.  The fortunate thing is most people don't warrant the time or reason to be exposed to a dedicated attack.  Yet from cursing magics and all if one is to actually do it right and commit the time to it cords are an exceptional entryway.

But sorry seems i'm drifting again.

#29 Wexler

Wexler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:05 PM

In truth I think they do.  Historically attackers have always been able to exploit the notion of defense and protection.  The fortunate thing is most people don't warrant the time or reason to be exposed to a dedicated attack.  Yet from cursing magics and all if one is to actually do it right and commit the time to it cords are an exceptional entryway.

But sorry seems i'm drifting again.

I would love to continue this conversation, I will go find a thread more relevant to attack and defense if you are up for it!

[avatar source]

#30 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:18 PM

I would love to continue this conversation, I will go find a thread more relevant to attack and defense if you are up for it!

Sounds good to me.

#31 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:58 PM

I don't think it's so much that the attacker has the advantage as it is to really understand where the weak points are in your defenses. 

I knew one woman who was amazing at following power lines but couldn't connect empathically to save her life. 

There are so many fine filament like cords that keep us attached to things.  It's not just the one big fat silver one.  When any of those smaller ones tremble (like a spider web) they lend strength to the big fat silver one.

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#32 Wexler

Wexler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:59 PM

Sounds good to me.

I couldn't find a thread I liked so I made a new one.

http://www.tradition...icious-attacks/

[avatar source]

#33 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Life is good

• Moderators
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:04 AM

Bump

RSKHFMY

#34 witchinplainsight

witchinplainsight

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 04:55 PM

Another good bump as is this is really relevant to me. I have a cord attached to someone and I would love to know how to get rid of it. It was a positive relationship but it occupies a lot of headspace and I would just like to be free of it because I no longer see the person and for various reasons am unlikely to. I've tried a few things (Archangel Michael, full moon fire ceremony, even just visualisation - which I never succeed in cutting the cord in!) but I suspect I'm sabotaging the whole thing and trying to get rid of the attachment AND keep it at the same time because of nostalgia. If anyone has managed to deal with an attachment like this, I would LOVE to know how you finally broke the cord.

It's so difficult that I do sometimes wonder if the cord is meant to stay in place and the friendship rekindle down the line but I can't see any way for this to happen without lots of collateral damage.

#35 Guest_SorcererSupreme_*

Guest_SorcererSupreme_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:56 PM

Greetings All

You know I saw this the other day and meant to say something then promptly lost the link! lol That is funny because it is exactly what I was to say.

When I was first being taught to travel by my first mentor the first thing he advised was to look back at your own contact line.
Then grab hold of that line and rip it free,

That way he said - not only are you well versed in doing so should you ever need to, (and several times I have done so!) but also that move, (basic though it is) is not something that can be done to you. He advised me that although many teach all manner of things about such a move, it is largely simply a need that many have - a safety blanket - which one should view as a liability if one truly wishes to get out and about.

I have witnessed a couple of times the effect that such has had on others and tend toward such a view myself - not surprising I guess since I took his advice all those years ago anyway! lol

Scott