Posted 16 January 2010 - 04:48 PM

You can view the page at http://www.tradition...heric-cords-r29

#2 PaganMama

PaganMama

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 05:10 PM

I came across this by accident, I do not see other comments and you may delete mine, I just wanted to say, this couldn't have been a better time to find this ritual here. ive a neighbor, much like my old roommate who is draining me of any energy I have. I avoid her like the plague anymore. she speaks of ill truths, about herself and others. she is coming across as part old roommate and part ex hubby at the time being. she requested we find a big house together, and i bulked at that idea. Im not a savior, she needs to go away. well not go away, but stop hoarding me with stories and complaints that just drain me, and making decisions for me all the time. Like today, she said i want to go to the strawberry festival, you can drive, ill give you gas money. Uhm no. I havent had a quiet day in a month. I hermit sometimes, just to be by myself. nope. it knocks, it calls, it texts. all the time. today is the quietest its been. maybe she thinks she will melt if she walks out in the rain. IDK. but thank you for this surprising and amazing rutual so that I may now cleanse myself of these negative attachments.

#3 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 05:46 PM

Severing cords can also be done by simply calling up the person (not physically calling them on the phone) and seeing the cord, hacking it off with whatever you use, and watching the person softly float and fade away from you. This is not done with any harm to the person, but simply to break the connection between you. But I would also suggest doing this with learning to use the word "no." If someone is in one's life and they don't want them there, they have the right to walk away. Decide what part you are playing in "keeping" the person in your life when a simple sod off and walk away works, too. Don't answer the phone if they call, don't call them. Walk away.

M

#4 Brigid

Brigid

Beyond The Bullshit...........yeah, even yours.......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 06:51 PM

Good advise!

Hard for some to do!

#5 Brigid

Brigid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 06:53 PM

A good article also and quite timely as I am feeling drained! Thank you mystery admin! :) LOL

#6 Nevaeh

Nevaeh

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:40 AM

I agree Brigid, it is quite on time for me also and I have been feeling drained lately. I am a night owl and here lately I could go to bed at 9pm and still sleep till late morning. Now I need to figure out who to cut loose. :confused:

#7 ValarieAnne

ValarieAnne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:37 PM

Severing cords can also be done by simply calling up the person (not physically calling them on the phone) and seeing the cord, hacking it off with whatever you use, and watching the person softly float and fade away from you. This is not done with any harm to the person, but simply to break the connection between you. But I would also suggest doing this with learning to use the word "no." If someone is in one's life and they don't want them there, they have the right to walk away. Decide what part you are playing in "keeping" the person in your life when a simple sod off and walk away works, too. Don't answer the phone if they call, don't call them. Walk away.

M

That works like "magic" Michele! Good advice.

#8 Brigid

Brigid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 07:27 PM

I agree Brigid, it is quite on time for me also and I have been feeling drained lately. I am a night owl and here lately I could go to bed at 9pm and still sleep till late morning. Now I need to figure out who to cut loose. :confused:

Yes Nev!!!! it's not always so clear exactly who it is that needs to be cut as there may be several!!
Who to cut and who not to cut THAT is the question :)

Ritualistic behaviour, though well-intentioned, possesses no significance or effectiveness unless its external prescription is matched by a personal, internal motivation of will and desire.

#9 aurora

aurora

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:07 PM

Thought this may be a worth while read

#10 Evergreen47

Evergreen47

Ms. Spock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:26 AM

Definitely some good things to think about. Especially during the dark of the year. This is the perfect season to end the connections that no longer serve you. 

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

-=Frank Herbert=-

Rock on, gold dust woman. Take your silver spoon and dig your grave.

#11 daze113

daze113

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:40 PM

Very timely topic,i had forgotten that this was something i wanted to try to break a link that has become very energy and time consuming,so glad i read this many thanks Aurora for bumpin it. 

#12 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:37 PM

Definitely some good things to think about. Especially during the dark of the year. This is the perfect season to end the connections that no longer serve you. 

Yes, thank you for bumping this Aurora.  I like what my Peer says here.  To add as well, this type of old folk magic can be prepared ahead of time, and then used as

needed.

Regards,

Gypsy

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

Terry Pratchett Legends 1 

#13 Gramayr

Gramayr

'Mysterio'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:32 PM

Serendipity, was only thinking about this subject a few days ago. Nicely timed bumpage :) 

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds." - Albert Einstein

#14 Davenport

Davenport

Witch Of The Seven Hills

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:17 AM

I do something similar in essence. I do not call upon arch angels in my path so clearly a huge difference in method and theory. I am the one severing the links for myself not someone else doing it on my behalf. Much like Michele in the way she uses the symbolism of "cutting the phone line" on the persons energy. My favorite word is NO. but that's only because "Go fuck yourself" is technically several words.

#15 Orin

Orin

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:59 PM

Perfect timing for this! there is currently someone i work with who drains me from time to time, and another who i'd love to disappear completely. I also do not work with angels so the phone version is perfect for me. Thanks for bumping~

walkingspider.gif

#16 OpheliaRose

OpheliaRose

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:17 AM

Wonderful advice. Thanks a lot

#17 Hagred

Hagred

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:00 AM

Great advice, worth noting when the need comes. Thanks!

#18 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:31 AM

Honestly, this is  the first time I have actually read the corresponding article, so I appreciate the recent bump.  Interesting concept, but not necessarily relevant to me.  I relate to Davenport's comments, primarily, though I don't let too many people or things attach themselves in the first place.  Maybe I missed something, but the article gives the impression that every thought establishes a connection, which must be severed, if it proves to be negative or un-useful.  Such a connection needs to be removed, of course, but I would rather do that myself.  I channel all kinds of crap from people, places, objects, etc.  If I had to perform a ritual, calling on angels or whatever, every time I felt a negative connection, I would not do anything else all day.  I like the word "no", too.  I don't necessarily need any more than that, and most times not even that.

#19 foxman

foxman

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:59 PM

I don't break contact with 'something' that's out to get me. I just meet it hard on on its own level - on the Astral and give it a good fucking! (by use of that word I am merely saying I will attack it psychically just as it attempts to do it to me. I used to get rid of troublesome spirits (quite profitable sometimes).

#20 Scott

Scott

Irritatingly Thoughtful

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:29 AM

Greetings All

You know I saw this the other day and meant to say something then promptly lost the link! lol That is funny because it is exactly what I was to say.

When I was first being taught to travel by my first mentor the first thing he advised was to look back at your own contact line.

Then grab hold of that line and rip it free,

That way he said - not only are you well versed in doing so should you ever need to, (and several times I have done so!) but also that move, (basic though it is) is not something that can be done to you. He advised me that although many teach all manner of things about such a move, it is largely simply a need that many have - a safety blanket - which one should view as a liability if one truly wishes to get out and about.

I have witnessed a couple of times the effect that such has had on others and tend toward such a view myself - not surprising I guess since I took his advice all those years ago anyway! lol

Scott

New Me! Now with added incomprehensibilityfullness for your convenience!