- - - - -

Tarot Cards

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
98 replies to this topic

#41 Startella

Startella

Czarwonica

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 11:26 AM

That is the Housewives tarot isn't it?

I really want that deck, it is on my long tarot wish list, lol.

Thanks Terri, I want that deck too, reminds me of my mom..LOL

I enjoy collecting decks too, but I think mostly it started because I couldn't connect real well with one certain deck. My favorite deck was the first deck I got, which was given to me Mythic Tarot, I still have the book but the cards seem to have disappeared. I have given away a few decks and now only have 10 decks in my collection, and 5 oracle decks.

The Medieval Enchantment by Nigel Jackson Tarot is the one I use the most now for readings along with my Medicine cards.

#42 spinney

spinney

Local hedge witch

• Moderators
  • 2,732 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 11:46 AM

Very nice selection! Which one works best for you?

I just got a new set yesterday and they are the funniest cards yet!

What make them even better is that they come in a recipe box.
Attached Thumbnails http://www.tradition...=1&d=1202154309 http://www.tradition...=1&d=1202154309

How wierd is this deck? I am rreally drewn to it as well thanks for the post sara

#43 spinney

spinney

Local hedge witch

• Moderators
  • 2,732 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 11:54 AM

http://www.housewivestarot.com/
infact here is the site.

#44 Guest_methundercat_*

Guest_methundercat_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:44 PM

I have 4 decks, Rider Waite, Halloween, Dragon, and Fairy decks. I have never used them as I do not know how yet. I did visit the websight TABI and am going to sigh up for their corse. I am open to any sugestions any of you have.

#45 ribbitcat

ribbitcat

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:24 PM

I'm so glad I found this thread :happydance:Tarot is my obsession ....I have about a hundred decks and oracles. My working decks are the RWS, Hudes, Connolly, Gilded, Victorian Romantic and Spiral.

You guys that like the darker decks might like the Bohemian Gothic published by Magic Realist Press; and of course, you need to check out the Giger :wink: The Barbara Walker adds a feminist slant to the darkness. And the H.P.Lovecraft ...is a classic :cool: Another good Gothic deck is the one by Vargo ....

'Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well.'
(Missy Dizick)

#46 Guest_Bean Sprite_*

Guest_Bean Sprite_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2008 - 02:51 PM

I love my decks. I have the lovers, Ryder wait, fairy, and personal hand made deck.
My favorite is the handmade because I'm more connected to it.

#47 Thistle

Thistle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 12:06 PM

I only have two tarot decks and and one deck of rune vision cards. I'm trying to learn the system of the tarot but I get slightly frustrated and impatient beacause I want to be able to know how it works right away and there's so much to remember.
I have the Thoth deck and the Karma Tarot. This deck was originally handpainted in Christiania in Copenhagen and based on artists, musicians and others living there and some of the cards vere made on a gypsy caravan through Denmark. I love the history behind the cards but they are quite difficult to read. This was my first deck and although I use the Thoth tarot normally this one has some sentimental value and I hope I will be able to go back to using it when I get more skilled.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#48 Guest_Domina_*

Guest_Domina_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2008 - 06:43 PM

I love tarot. I have one deck that I use for workings, and one for readings. The Rider-Waite (old faithful) is the only deck I have ever connected with for readings, though I keep looking.

#49 Tiffany

Tiffany

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 09:01 AM

I use DruitCraft and Robin Wood the most depending. Some people i will start with a deck and think this is happening so I use the other one. I aslo have vampire and cat people decks but get nothing from either of them. I must admit my druid craft are my favs. If i had more cash i would be one of these people with hundreds of decks

#50 Tiffany

Tiffany

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 09:02 AM

hello Ribbit BTW, it's me, Kat's pal!

#51 ribbitcat

ribbitcat

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 01:05 PM

Hiya Tiffany :kiss:

Nice to see you here :beerchug:

ribbit

'Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well.'
(Missy Dizick)

#52 Tiffany

Tiffany

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 03:38 PM

Thought i would have a change of name and it was before recent events, had a cd of Terry Pratchetts by the puter so became Tiffany. Only after did I think, that sounds very fluffy, think I may have to beg to get it changed at some point. I do stoopid things sometimes (quite alot actually).

#53 Greenfeet

Greenfeet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:34 PM

They are just too funny!

http://www.housewivestarot.com/
infact here is the site.

#54 soap fairy

soap fairy

fluffy chaos instigator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:51 PM

:roflhard: now thats my kind of divination!! especially after a few of the martinis that the site has a recipe for!!
:cloud9: floating through life on a cloud of bubbles

#55 Cairelle

Cairelle

GiGi Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,374 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 01:27 AM

Yeah that's a pretty nifty tarot!! I'd love to have that... :D

“People don’t live in New Orleans because it is easy. They live here because they are incapable of living anywhere else in the just same way.” – Ian McNulty, A Season of Night: New Orleans Life After Katrina

#56 RavenFlyer

RavenFlyer

Backwoods Witch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 04:29 AM

I have four sets right now. In all I have owned 6 but gave two away.

currently I own:
Rider Waite
Giant Rider Waite
Robin Wood
Chinese Tarot

but this is the deck I am getting ASAP. I was looking around at all the cards on aeclectictarot.net and this one just slapped me in the face. I have to have it!!!!

http://www.aeclectic...s/deviant-moon/

#57 ribbitcat

ribbitcat

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:24 PM

Hi Ravenflyer :)
I've been discussing that deck elsewhere, I was surprised at how many people said it creeped them out; I really like the art on it ...

ribbit

(Missy Dizick)

#58 Guest_Silverivy_*

Guest_Silverivy_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:54 PM

I liked the art on that deck too, but I don't know that I could use it for readings. The Rider-Waite is the only one I have ever really felt comfortable with reading. It could be because its what I learned on. I would like to find one a little darker that I clicked with though.

#59 RavenFlyer

RavenFlyer

Backwoods Witch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:41 PM

I forgot i also have the Ancient Tarot of Lombardy. I dont really care for it though. he major arcana are traditional and pretty, but the minor are just pip cards.

#60 Ancestral Celt

Ancestral Celt

Hermit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:39 PM

http://www.aeclectic...s/deviant-moon/

ooooooooooooooo, pretty pretty.

I love :chakrahearts: the artwork, but I doubt I'd use it for readings, as I pretty much stick to the same two decks these days.