- - - - -

Tarot Cards

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
98 replies to this topic

#21 Sara

Sara

Questioner of all things!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:20 PM

I have yet to try out a full deck spread but I really want to! There are so many good ideas on that site!
:D:D

"Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow." - Plato

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light." - Plato

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato

#22 Morgana

Morgana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 12:40 AM

"I have 3 decks, Rider/Waite, Fairy and my all time favorite.......drum roll please.........Tarot of Dreams by Ciro Marchetti. John bought them for me for our anniversity in August. Basically they are just for the art work. Go to the website Ciro Marchetti and check out all the decks. Expensive, but almost frameable.

#23 Guest_VandArk_*

Guest_VandArk_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2008 - 02:34 AM

We have 14 different decks in our house. My husband and each have our own Thoth deck which is the most frequently used.
Tarot is so complex, you could spend your entire life studying and never fully master it.
What I find most helpful to remember during readings is that the cards tell whats going on in the present. You decide what to do with that information.

#24 circelilith

circelilith

Ode to no one

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 08:57 AM

Awesome site Sara!

I have to admit ive not found a single tarot deck yet that ive felt inclined towards, although i have two oracle decks that work a treat one of them a Fairy deck the other one a goddess and angel deck. Both have worked quite well, but i definately am still on the lookout for "my" tarot deck :D i sort of figure it wil pop up when i am ready for it :)

"My church is not of silver and gold,
Its glory lies beyond judgement of souls
The commandments are of consolation & warmth
You know our sacred dream won't fail
The sanctury tender and so frail
The sacrament of love
The sacrament of warmth is true
The sacrament is you"
H.I.M

#25 Tana

Tana

Earth Mother

• Moderators
  • 3,763 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 09:38 PM

My son showed me a Tarot deck he got while he was in Australia. It is called the Gummi Bears Tarot!! It is done in the style of the Rider-Waite but quite cartoony and featuring Gummi Bears as the characters. Very cute and amusing, although we both agreed useless for reading! :D
)0( Tana )o(

If I break faith with thee, may the skies fall upon me, the seas drown me, and the earth rise up and swallow me.

#26 Ancestral Celt

Ancestral Celt

Hermit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:34 PM

One of my favourite decks also comes from Australia, The Tarot of the Garden Path. Its not complete yet, but the designer is taking a lot of time and care about the deck.

#27 Guest_Rebie_*

Guest_Rebie_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:12 PM

I have the regular rider waite deck. I can use it, but am not as good as most people. I can only do the short spreads. My details are not that good.
My friend found a gypsy deck in Amsterdam and it is her first deck. She does very well with it. The deck has less cards than most tarot and it is different to read, but she has clicked with it and loves it. It is a really cool deck. I am going to go back to regular playing cards. I think that is more for me.
Rebie

#28 Sara

Sara

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 02:53 PM

This is what the cards of my deck look like! Find some pictures of yours and post 'em!

Attached Files

"Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow." - Plato

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light." - Plato

#29 Ancestral Celt

Ancestral Celt

Hermit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 07:58 PM

This is what the cards of my deck look like! Find some pictures of yours and post 'em!

You can't possibly mean you want pictures of all of the decks I own, surely? :confused:

#30 Sara

Sara

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 08:42 PM

You can't possibly mean you want pictures of all of the decks I own, surely? :confused:

Hehe - One (your most favorite) would suffice!:D

#31 Ancestral Celt

Ancestral Celt

Hermit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 03:12 AM

Well, they can all be viewed at Aeclectic Tarot, so I won't post pictures. With that in mind, here is the short list of favourites:

Tarot Decks:

Druidcraft Tarot
Greenwood Tarot
Rider Waite (1972 print)
Sacred Circle Tarot
Tarot of the Garden Path
Thoth
Universal RWS

Oracle Decks:

Celtic Shaman's Pack (Matthews/Potter)
Celtic Oracle (Matthews)
Devas of Creation (Cilla Conway)
Druid Animal Oracle
Faeries Oracle (Froud/Macbeth)
Fairy Ring Oracle (Mason/Franklin)
Green Man Tree Oracle
Psycards
Titania's Fortune Cards

#32 Sara

Sara

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 07:46 PM

Very nice selection! Which one works best for you?

I just got a new set yesterday and they are the funniest cards yet!

What make them even better is that they come in a recipe box.

Attached Files

#33 Ancestral Celt

Ancestral Celt

Hermit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 09:44 PM

They are all effective for the use to which I put them. Some are used for magic, some for meditation and some for divination.

#34 Amargith

Amargith

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 12:14 AM

I have some of those myself. Can I ask what you use the Druid animal oracle for? Also, has anyone got any experience with the Shapeshifter Tarot? I would love to hear how people use this tarot :)
"When Mother Nature strikes back, I'd rather be on her side..."

www.katje.net
www.naturesjewels.be

#35 Ancestral Celt

Ancestral Celt

Hermit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 12:19 AM

I have some of those myself. Can I ask what you use the Druid animal oracle for?

For meditation and/or journeywork and I have used one or two in magical workings, too. I have never used them for divination myself, but have had a reading from someone using them, along with the Morgan-Greer tarot.

#36 Raina

Raina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 04:44 AM

When I'm reading for clients I use the Spiral Deck. I use it for myself as well, but I also quite often use the Morgan Greer deck, I love the colours in it.

Before finding these two favourites I think I must have gone through about six or seven different decks. A friend had the Spiral deck and I connected to it right away and so bought my own. I was in the local 'Witch' store one day and noticed the Morgan Greer deck and decided to buy it to give it a try and I get excellent readings with it.

Raina

#37 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 06:04 AM

I have recently purchased a new tarot deck as well to add to my readings. This one is the Necromancer Deck and it is dark and intense and YES it gives absolutely perfect readings :)

#38 Cairelle

Cairelle

GiGi Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,374 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 08:43 PM

I'm getting a Lenormand oracle deck. It's got some similarity to the playing decks I'm used to, plus I've found a really good book by Sylvie Steinbach that goes into great depth about the interpretations... so I think it will be a good mix for me. I still have yet to use my grandmother's last deck; I can't bring myself to touch them. :(

I have my Tarot of Prague as well that I just adore... gives excellent readings. :wickedwitch:

“People don’t live in New Orleans because it is easy. They live here because they are incapable of living anywhere else in the just same way.” – Ian McNulty, A Season of Night: New Orleans Life After Katrina

#39 Startella

Startella

Czarwonica

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 10:39 AM

I just got a new set yesterday and they are the funniest cards yet! What make them even better is that they come in a recipe box.

Sara what is the name of this new deck ?

#40 Terri

Terri

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 11:22 AM

I just got a new set yesterday and they are the funniest cards yet!

What make them even better is that they come in a recipe box.

That is the Housewives tarot isn't it?

I really want that deck, it is on my long tarot wish list, lol.

I currently have:

Tarot of the Secret Forest
Egyptian Tarot Deck
Rider-Waite Tarot
Zigeuner Wahrsagekarten Gypsy Cards
Mlle. Lenormand