Is secrecy still important to you?

bewilderbeast

11 hours ago, NorwegianWitch said:

But yeah,I have a work project dealing  with demons, magic, ghosts, creatures from folklore, and luckily it includes sigils ! So, I can sit and read books and take notes in the open without it looking like I'm planning a trip to Blåkulla.

No summoning Demons when the relatives are coming over!

18 hours ago, Onyx said:

No summoning Demons when the relatives are coming over!

Well...depending on if you'd like them to stay or not..the relatives, I mean 😅 

The demons however will most likely stay anyway...😑

• 6 months later...
On 12/12/2009 at 1:39 AM, Michele said:

I have often wondered if it would be possible for me to live with someone else, lol, unless they were as totally weird as I am...

M

totally agree.

I used to joke at work that when I get home I 'pull my drawbridge up and no-one gets in'. and like yourself, I don't know if I could possibly find anyone (on this plane and planet in any case) that would be able to tolerate my oddness. I live at the end of a block of 4 flats and hardly anyone comes down this far, the old witch with the cat at the end of the drive. but I guess I'm lucky to have the space and opportunity 

so at the moment, and for a long time I have had no fear of being sprung as a witch, though admittedly in the early days, I would always put my witch books etc in my bedroom instead of anywhere else around the house as I had a fundaMENTAL catholic mother, who thought I was evil and damned. she once got into my stuff while I was away and burnt things, including cards, saying that this was all making me sick. and since then, the books have just stayed in my room. out of habit I guess. I hardly get anyone in the house, and those who come know I'm a witch anyway. 

it is a pity that a lot of us still have to hide. some more than others. I have been abused walking down the street, while hanging my washing out in my own back yard for fucks sakes, and sometimes its not worth the hassle but sucking it in can be so hard. (I don't always suck it in - the backyard abuse received retribution). 

i invented my own script at one stage. had to practice it A LOT though. also tried other stuff - Japanese kana, Hebrew, writing. mirror writing. I'm lucky I guess for being multilingual, that became the best answer. I say if it works, use it. it's been my motto for most of my working

• Like 1

10 hours ago, banabhuidseach said:

It is a pity that a lot of us still have to hide. some more than others. I have been abused walking down the street, while hanging my washing out in my own back yard for fucks sakes, and sometimes its not worth the hassle but sucking it in can be so hard. (I don't always suck it in - the backyard abuse received retribution). 

I'm sorry to hear that you had to go through that, people can be very ignorant and hurtful.  This is exactly why people don't come out and admit they are Witches to the general population.  They just don't deserve to know.

I now 'hide in plain sight'! It's sometimes quite gratifying (mwahahaha!!)

The only ppl that spot me are usually other witches - also quite lovely. Without any of us needing to do anything, we seem to have a psychic 'secret handshake'.