Sign in to follow this  
agata

Does the devil really wear Prada?

Guest Morgana Raven
1343689831[/url]' post='129364']

Most of the judging that I have experienced comes from people in the Witchy community, who dislike the fact that I use magic for monetary gain. It is not so much that they have an ethical problem with money spells, but they have a problem with the fact that mine tend to work. Jealousy? Yeah. :kat:

lolol.gif

LOL I own a Prada wallet, but it's probably a fake as the people who gave it to me bought it on a vacation. :wink: 

It has become like a sport to me to find expensive clothes, furniture, Persian rugs, antiques, etc. for ridiculously low prices in thrift shops and in flea markets and such. It just takes a keen eye to seperate the great stuff from the junk. I don't have any problem with buying new goods at all, I just like to hunt for treasures.

I've read through all the posts with the idea what most thought about the devil , heck he didn't get much if any mention !!! Great !!!!! But what I did read and see that the most treasurous  ( is there such a word ) possession is happiness and what and how one obtains it seems to be the most important aspect . Whether it comes from humble beginnings , self acquired ,conjured or else ( the term of " By Hook or Crook " comes to mind ) . The form of happiness does vary slightly from one to another, but that is what the world is made of , and not everybody is the same , also what we are willing to accept from others as to how they view us and our material possessions . Childhood impressed upon me the ideas and thoughts that others had of me ( and my family ) that money was the most worshiped and guiding judge as to a persons " worth " , funny thing is this mostly came from the churches that my parents insisted that I attend with them .As I expressed to a friend of mine some time ago , I don't come to your house to see how you live , what you may have , I come there to see you , talk , laugh , share life not strife . There is always a lot of sadness in the world, just got to get through it , chin up and plow forward.

As one expressed earlier - you and your little dog , I always said - you and the horse you road in on !!! :fucku:

Nabu

The devil wears McQueen, as in Alexander McQueen, in my opinion he was one of the most outstanding fashion designers ever. Having said that, though I do read about fashion and know lots about it, I don't buy it or need it, I have lots of interests but I don't judge people who feel like they want or need it. Just depends on the person and what they think life and materialism is. We live in a culture that tries its best to fill us with objects, some need objects some don't.

Also, if you can't use magic for practicle purposes then what's the point? Sure it's spiritual but its also manifested in the real world, I have no problem with money spells, or spells to gain some materials that you need or want. Again, its an individual thing.

Edited by Ozman

Yep...gotta admit, I was confused by this topic. What does the act of deliberately abstaining from riches and luxuries have to do with one's practice of traditional witchcraft? I can kind of see why a Buddhist may steer away from material possessions on the grounds of abiding by a certain understanding of keeping oneself free from attachments/clinging, but witchcraft has sort of always been grounded in materialism, isn't it? And in regards to feeling as if it is an obligation due to spiritual reasons per the OP, I've yet to hear of any historical pagan entity that is traditionally associated with a humble lifestyle. Maybe if you created an Order of the Horned One that emphasized that kind of restriction, I could see how it would become an issue, but it wouldn't be more than a self-imposed discipline, and one could argue that the target spirit would be more inclined to see you revel and take pleasure in tempered indulgence, instead.

• Upvote 1

It never hurts to ask for a discount. I worked at a Ladies Fashion for a while and when the new clothes came in the price was doubled and 30% added. Quite a markup.

Sign in to follow this