Photo
- - - - -

Truth behind the Michael Vic situation.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 LDG

LDG

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 08:17 PM

http://www.sfgate.co...tscol110309.DTL

I wanted to share this article, i caught a lot of flack from a few friends for posting this. Not sure why as it is objective towards the situation surround the whole Michael vic case. I am an avid animal rights supporter (not protestor mind you) and felt the need to pass this along. Football is huge in my family, but this may change their mind about the human under the jersey.

I guess its because people put on blinders when it comes to certian things, but i pass that as ignorance on something they refuse to educate themselves on, it even includes a person who rescued a few of the pits that were there, and the gruesome scene they found. (its graphic enough in story but does not contain pictures)

#2 Guest_Oakbuchanan_*

Guest_Oakbuchanan_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2009 - 08:30 PM

Dont know this story or who your reffering to as Im in the UK... But from what I read, I get the picture... good on you for sharing this, and not bowing to peer pressure.. People need to open their eyes to this shit and not conviniently look in the other direction...

#3 LDG

LDG

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 07:40 PM

He was arrested first for having a dog fighting ring, then they found 50 or so pitt bulls in his georgia home that many were fighting dogs.

Thing is they saved about 30 that were rehabed and now live in private homes or sanctuary's. I know Cesar Milan has a few of the bad cases, were they live with him. Lets face it, the only reason he got off is he had millions of dollars. He was a US football player who allowed and even participated (by his own admission mind you) with dog fighting, murdering and torture. Whats worse is people forgive him because they like his ability to play football but dont take the time to understand the travesdy of horror he inflicted on atleast 100 dogs.

#4 Guest_Oakbuchanan_*

Guest_Oakbuchanan_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2009 - 08:37 PM

Well I hope that cunt experiences every ounce of horror that he has inflicted.

#5 Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 09:05 PM

I couldn't even finish the story... after the battery bit. I knew he electrocuted them, though... just don't need the details. I am a HUGE animal lover and I have a pit bull myself. I hate Michael Vick with every ounce of my being but I do have to ask myself, when, if ever, do we forgive? Is he really rehabilitated? Has he really changed his views? As of right now, I don't think he has but if he were to start working with rehabilitating dogs, etc... would my outlook change?

See, if it was me... I'd just have killed him with my own bare hands, but since he's allowed by law to live, he gets the chance to redeem himself, apparently.

<3 Hatshepsut
aka EM ;)

#6 wolfjan1

wolfjan1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:47 PM

The man is human filth. No question about that. Not to be forgiven until he suffers the same fate himself. May his dreams haunt him forever.

#7 ValarieAnne

ValarieAnne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 04:48 PM

Well I hope that cunt experiences every ounce of horror that he has inflicted.

Well said!

I don't and never will understand why "celebrity" does heinous shit and continues being treated so wonderfully..

Some body ask me again why I don't like the modern world much...

You know something? I think I'll make a little Michael Vic dog toys for family's assorted dogs heh heh heh.. suffer mother f**ker.

Edited by ValarieAnne, 09 November 2009 - 04:50 PM.
an afterthought

#8 Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 05:23 PM

Well said!

I don't and never will understand why "celebrity" does heinous shit and continues being treated so wonderfully..

You know something? I think I'll make a little Michael Vic dog toys for family's assorted dogs heh heh heh.. suffer mother f**ker.

I do have a Michael Vick chew toy. I bought it shortly after the incident and received it over a year later. I wish I knew where I put it...

<3 Hatshepsut
aka EM ;)

#9 LDG

LDG

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 07:17 PM

Well said!

Probably a reason i am planning to move farther into the mountians, away from our modern society. I will never understand why these people are held higher above all else by so many.

All i can say is, i hope he gets whats coming to him.

#10 Grymdycche

Grymdycche

Thaumaturge Medicocre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 07:29 PM

This has been a subject close to our house, since Vic is now a member of the Eagles football team, and being that I live in south New Jersey, Philadelphia teams are generally considered "ours" in this region.

I think anyone who could do what he did is just plain sick. My wife hates him, I don't like him, and it's a shame that something as trivial as devotion to a sports team, or for that matter, money, (since the two are closely tied) can make people just ignore this.

http://runeforum.phrets.com
9 out of 10 string theory physicists agree: 'Nothing Rests; Everything Moves; Everything Vibrates'' -the Kybalion.

#11 Stacey

Stacey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:16 AM

There are two thoughts I am going to express, firstly he is a despicable, depraved, digusting, psychopathic waste of space, he is fouling the air we all breathe simply by existing and quite frankly, if that existence was to end - who would cry? Those dogs suffered unimaginable horror at his hands and there is no payback for that, whatever can be done to him will never be enough. There is no forgiving that kind of behaviour, never, not possible, won't happen because there is no reason he can use that could justify that behaviour. I hate (and I use that word with all the anger and passion it implies) people who are cruel to animals. I saw the documentary when they rescued the dogs and the saddest part of it all is that breeds like this are people pleasers, outside of the ring they won't fight, they do it in the ring to please their owners - we have a Staffy who is also part Pitbull so I can attest to this part of their personality, and it breaks my heart that they are considered 'dangerous' when they aren't. Michael Vick is a sadistic individual and I wish he had of gone to prison - maybe Big Mikey the Biker could have had some fun with him.

Secondly, I don't think it is a 'celebrity' thing, I actually think its more of a sports person thing, they become meglomaniacs with god complexes and a huge sense of entitlement and superiority. They believe being who they are and having their talents makes them immune to the laws that govern others. In Australia in the past we have had issues with sports stars (mainly rugby and AFL) gang raping and assaulting girls and because they are sports stars, the girl or girls who are brave enough to report them suddenly find themselves as Public Enemy No 1, called all sorts of names, accused of lying or asking for it and are basically villified. This even happened when one group tried to assault a young woman in a wheelchair - disgusting as it was, I don't believe they got in much trouble. They certainly never go to jail and as far as I can remember, none even went to court.

The problem is we make sports stars gods, we give them that sense of entitlement because we worship them (well not me, I'm about as interested in sport as I am getting my teeth drilled for fun at the dentist), we make them into role models for our kids and we hold them up on pedestal. We, inadvertently, give them the right to behave this way and not be punished. Untiil we change that way of thinking, it will continue and not change.

Edited by Droghon, 27 June 2011 - 04:49 AM.
racist comment removed

"The mind is not a book, to be opened at will and examined at leisure. Thoughts are not etched on the inside of skulls, to be perused by an invader. The mind is a complex and many-layered thing." Severus Snape - HP and the Order of the Phoenix

#12 Droghon

Droghon

Administrator/Host

• Administrators
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 04:51 AM

I've edited the post above to remove a racist comment pointed out by other members, please all members remember we have a zero tolerance towards racism on the forum.
Droghon (or Brian)

I know nothing, I seek everything.

Words of a wise woman .. "OMFG stop being an utter newb and start acting like a proper witch who knows what they are talking about!"

#13 Guest_MissTree_*

Guest_MissTree_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2011 - 05:02 AM

Thank you! :cheers:

#14 Stacey

Stacey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 05:48 AM

I've edited the post above to remove a racist comment pointed out by other members, please all members remember we have a zero tolerance towards racism on the forum.

I apologise, it wasn't my intention to be racist, I am just very very passionate about the slaughter of whales and the lack of motivation by governments and foreign bodies to do anything about it. The comment was in relation to the country closest to my own who come into our waters to 'scientifically research' whales (wholesale slaughter is not what it is referred to but is what it is).

I realise now the comment could have been seen as racist, but again, it wasn't my intention for it to be.

"The mind is not a book, to be opened at will and examined at leisure. Thoughts are not etched on the inside of skulls, to be perused by an invader. The mind is a complex and many-layered thing." Severus Snape - HP and the Order of the Phoenix