Photo
- - - - -

Does anyone else still use this?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
61 replies to this topic

#21 mcdee2005

mcdee2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 02:16 PM

Grymdycche,

Which side is the handle of the cup at as it is hard to see from the picture?

The witch on a broom stick signifies that you have or will be reprimanded by a friend over your involvement in the craft as they see it as dangerous, a reprimand that you will prove to them is unfounded, the fact that your name appears with it means that it will be a very direct reprimand.

McD

Edited by mcdee2005, 31 December 2009 - 05:55 PM.

#22 WaterWolf83

WaterWolf83

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 06:24 PM

Is it just me.. or does the image underneath and to the right of the witch look like a dragon of some sort attacking or guarding what looks like a light house?

Maybe it is just my eyes.. but it almost looks as though the dragon is either attacking or guarding a lighthouse... *starts squinting*

#23 Grymdycche

Grymdycche

Thaumaturge Medicocre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 06:54 PM

Grymdycche,

Which side is the handle of the cup at as it is hard to see from the picture?

The witch on a broom stick signifies that you have or will be reprimanded by a friend over your involvement in the craft as they see it as dangerous, a reprimand that you will prove to them is unfounded, the fact that your name appears with it means that it will be a very direct reprimand.

Well, on the bright side, at least I'll prove to them their fear is unfounded.
I haven't checked what my own book says just yet, I got too sidetracked when my house nearly caught on fire from an arcing, melting master circuit breaker.

McD

Unfortunately McD, this particular cup had no handle. It was the only one with the correct shape, all our other cups are very tall and steep and wouldn't have worked. Mostly I just wanted to see what shapes formed for this very first attempt. It sure got my attention!
I've got hold of a proper cup since yesterday morning.

Is it just me.. or does the image underneath and to the right of the witch look like a dragon of some sort attacking or guarding what looks like a light house?

Maybe it is just my eyes.. but it almost looks as though the dragon is either attacking or guarding a lighthouse... *starts squinting*

lol, why, yes, I can sorta see that. I almost looks like someone riding on the dragon too, doesn't it? Like maybe a wizard, riding and guiding the dragon, as it attacks a castle tower or something. Or maybe I've been watching too much Lord of the Rings!

http://runeforum.phrets.com
9 out of 10 string theory physicists agree: 'Nothing Rests; Everything Moves; Everything Vibrates'' -the Kybalion.

#24 Grymdycche

Grymdycche

Thaumaturge Medicocre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 07:21 PM

Wow, Grymdycche, that is amazing! Yes, I clearly see the witch riding a broom there and did so before I even read your interpretation of the image. I also clearly see the word "Paul" there.

What does that mean to you? Perhaps a confirmation you're on the correct path for yourself?

That's pretty much how I took it, yes.

Another interpretation I've read for "witch" is "a strange occurrence". I suppose my electrical panel nearly melting down qualifies, but that's not the kind of occurance I would've expected - something a little more mystical perhaps!

Another said my exact symbol is exactly what McD said: "Witch on Broom.—You will be reproved by some of your friends who consider that your interest in psychic matters is dangerous, but later on you will be able to prove to their satisfaction that no harm has come to it. "

That kinda settles it!

9 out of 10 string theory physicists agree: 'Nothing Rests; Everything Moves; Everything Vibrates'' -the Kybalion.

#25 WaterWolf83

WaterWolf83

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 03:32 AM

Thank you Grym for letting us view your cup. I really liked it!

If it is a dragon attacking a light house.. maybe that plays into what McD said.. Making the dragon this person who wants to have a heated conversation and show their dissaproval
While you would be the lighthouse..this might further prove McD's posting that you will prove to them their reprimand is unfounded.. being a beacon of light, wisdom, and strength....
Hmmm.. interesting (it's also nice to know I am not seeing things :) )

Have a awesome new year Grym, and thank you again for an amazing posting!

Brandi

Edited to add:
Or lol it could be that the lighthouse represented your electric panel.. and the dragon melted it lmao ;)

Edited by WaterWolf83, 01 January 2010 - 03:35 AM.

#26 Grymdycche

Grymdycche

Thaumaturge Medicocre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 07:42 PM

Have a awesome new year Grym, and thank you again for an amazing posting!

Brandi

Edited to add:
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#ffc0cb]Or lol it could be that the lighthouse represented your electric panel.. and the dragon melted it lmao ;)

LOL! Hadn't thought of that!
Happy New Year, Brandi!

#27 Trollvind

Trollvind

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:06 AM

I still use tea leafs as a means of divination, not that many people drink loose leaf tea nowadays with the advent of teabags, and i was wondering how many of you still use them.

I have never done this though I think my grandmother did. Not sure it was tea though, could have been coffee.

I always wanted to try it so thank you McDee for your great instruction. Now all I need is a tea cup! It seems we tend to use mugs with everything these days :cuckoo:.

What do you guys prefer for reading? A mug or a proper tea cup?

Posted Image

#28 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:26 AM

I have never done this though I think my grandmother did. Not sure it was tea though, could have been coffee.

I always wanted to try it so thank you McDee for your great instruction. Now all I need is a tea cup! It seems we tend to use mugs with everything these days :cuckoo:.

What do you guys prefer for reading? A mug or a proper tea cup?

I have three teenage boys, so tea cups do not last long in my house. I have some nice sturdy coffee mugs, which work just fine for brewing, drinking and reading loose tea leaves.

Jevne

#29 Trollvind

Trollvind

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:42 PM

Thank you Jevne, that's a relief to hear. Then I'll just start with my mugs and see if I'll be any good at this first. Romantic as I am I may get some of those old fashioned cups later on anyway because they are so beautiful.

Well, I'm off to the teapot now then :stirring:

Posted Image

#30 Vermilion

Vermilion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 02:22 PM

Thank you Jevne, that's a relief to hear. Then I'll just start with my mugs and see if I'll be any good at this first. Romantic as I am I may get some of those old fashioned cups later on anyway because they are so beautiful.

Any luck, Trollvind?

I, too, only have mugs and would like to give this a try.

I am my own Keeper; my own Sower, my own Reaper.
~ V ~

#31 o_O

o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 02:55 PM

I'm another one who uses a mug, and it works just find.

#32 Lilienrose

Lilienrose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:20 PM

Now, this is great.
I think I have to try it out!
Thanks for the instruction...this makes it a lot easier:).

"...Dass ich erkenne, was die Welt in ihrem Innersten zusammenhält." Faust
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"...So that I may perceive whatever holds the world together in its inmost folds" Faust

#33 ejfinch

ejfinch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 04:21 PM

I've tried this a couple of times but had not luck. After seeing the photos, I think I know where I'm going wrong. Too much tea for one cup! I will have to either brew a whole pot or use much less leaves for a single cup. Thanks!

#34 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 02:53 PM

Wow thats pretty cool. I'll have to give that a go.

#35 firebird

firebird

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 03:47 PM

Wow thats pretty cool. I'll have to give that a go.

found this link, looks interesting

http://www.serenapow.../tealeaves.html

#36 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 04:09 PM

found this link, looks interesting

http://www.serenapow.../tealeaves.html

Thanks! I saved this link. I think I will do it with coffee as I am a coffee addict and only drink tea when I'm not feeling too hot. Except iced tea....its a staple. lol.

#37 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 04:30 PM

Um all I got was the big dipper (constelation) with my coffee grounds. :( Maybe I need to practice...

#38 Vixen

Vixen

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 04:48 PM

I love tea!!!! if anyone is interested here is a link to a great place and where I buy mine from. http://www.imperialteas.co.uk/

I have also used it for divination but with varying success some times it is so clear but then others I can't see a thing.

Sometimes we cannot have to keep

Many things we can never take home

Enjoy that which is offered

And know it is

As it should be

Accept.

Anji Alexander

#39 Georgia

Georgia

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 10:57 AM

I'm quite into knick-knacks and I'm eying up one of those fortune telling cups with everything marked inside it....well, I'm a beginner. Thing is...I hate black tea, you can read coffee grinds in the same way, right ? :)

I do quite like the sound of that, but I am fond of my nick-knacks too. I'm another one who's nan was a reader of tea leaves. I do find my self eyeing up the packets of loose tea as I would love to learn. I am just a bit worried that my interpretations might not be quite accurate. I did have to look at the pics of the tea leaves in the cup before I saw it. I did see one of those beginners cups somewhere, oh I wish I could remember where lol. Has anyone else started off with one? Are they a good learning tool?

#40 Marion

Marion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:17 PM

They show up on ebay now and then. I'm always tempted but have never taken the plunge so far. I need to replace my 6 year old mobile phone this month, and it's new 'contact lenses time' next month, so it'll be quite a while before I go looking for one seriously. I think the consensus of opinion is coffee grinds work too, if black tea really isn't your thing. It's not mine either.
"Bart, the ability to add two-digit numbers does not make you a witch" ~ Lisa Simpson

Always up to witchery ~ Marion