14 replies to this topic

#1 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:58 AM

Sadly it has come to this....

People join here and they either fit in or they don't for many different reasons. This is a huge family here at Traditionalwitch.net and there will be times that we will have to agree to disagree on various topics and subjects.

HOWEVER... if any of our members, moderators or admins are brought into a negative discussion on another Witchy Forum or Website by other members of this site, you can expect your membership on here to be deleted immediately and you will be banned for life. Simple as.

We do not encourage such immature and egotistical behaviour on here and we won't tolerate members mouthing off on other sites either. This is exactly the reason why we do not have a "bitching forum" area like most all of the others out there. Is it really that important to feed your ego that much? Are you seriously that unhappy and insecure? If so, then you don't belong here.

Just because we may have different views and ways of life, does not give anyone the right to defame nor write libellious remarks about anyone from this site on another site - even if it does make you feel happy, satisfied and self-righteous... You DO know with whom you are dealing with right?

If you also think that changing your screen name helps you hide - think again. The Internet is not as private as you think and you will be found out. Each time we see negative remarks against this forum and it's members on another site, screen captures are made and saved to disc for legal action that may be taken.

Take heed for you have now been warned.... and no that isn't a threat - it's a promise.

But just remember, even if we don't get on, we ARE on the same side - THINK before you write something you might regret ....

Posted Image
A Traditional Poker Posted Image (poke it with a stick and see what happens)
"Most important things in life; Good Food, Good Wine, Good Sex and a Damn Good Giggle!" Posted Image
Visit my Website: www.sandycristel.com
Visit my BLOG: www.blog.sandycristel.com
Follow me on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/SandyCristel

#2 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 02:57 PM

Fairly noted and well said.

#3 wolfjan1

wolfjan1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 05:28 PM

Excellent!

#4 spinney

spinney

Local hedge witch

• Moderators
  • 2,732 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 07:22 PM

Hear Hear, we have enough challenges by being on this path already, we don't need so called 'witch wars'. I hope we are all beyond that.

#5 bewilderbeast

bewilderbeast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 08:12 PM

:applause:
"Magic is believing in yourself, if you can do that, you can make anything happen." Johan Wolfgang von Goethe

"If you have a garden and a library, you have all you need." Cicero

Visit my blog!
http://InspiredByFoodie.blogspot.com

#6 Morgana

Morgana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 08:57 PM

:handshake:
Earth as Body become Me
Air as Life breathe through Me
Fire as Spirit consume Me
Water as Blood flow through Me
Spirit as Guide lead Me

#7 Dark Phoenix

Dark Phoenix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 01:55 AM

Very good point to bring up..Thank you Sandy
[URL="http://usamericanpolitics.ning.com/"][/URL]

#8 sophiadawn

sophiadawn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 03:47 AM

Thanks Sandy! Honestly, I just don't know who has time for such stuff anyway. :)

#9 Nyxiah

Nyxiah

Mistress of Twisted Bats

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 02:33 PM

Agreed. Most of us came here to get away from that childish shit anyway - I think it's one of the reasons we all fit together so well. We can tell someone what they've done to piss us off (if anything) and resolve them in an adult way - not go sniping and bitching like children. I think this is a great idea and I wouldn't expect any less of the amazing team here :D
I make the path - Alice from Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland.

#10 Mountain Witch

Mountain Witch

Practical b/witch

• Moderators
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 03:12 PM

It really is sad that something like that needs to be posted. But I applaud the sentiment. If someone can't agree to disagree and feels a need to snipe or be bitchy (here or elsewhere), they're not the kind of "friend" we want or need.

For purposes of action nothing is more useful than narrowness of thought combined with energy of will.
~ Henri Frederic Amiel

You can access my blog and get autographed copies of my books through my website

#11 Lela

Lela

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 04:16 PM

It's a shame that people who feel they have been slighted need to run elsewhere and whine about it. So glad this forum is free of this kind of behavior and dealt with swiftly and appropriately when the situation comes up. Sandy said it best...

even if we don't get on, we ARE on the same side - THINK before you write something you might regret

#12 LDG

LDG

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 04:28 AM

Agreed. Was actually shocked someone would go to great lenghts to get mad and bitch about it on another site. As if they thought it was not going to come back and bite them in the butt. Honestly, there are live chatrooms for that sort of thing these days, atleast its harder to keep logs of that then keep it posted in plain sight on a forum.

#13 owlblink

owlblink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 10:11 AM

wow - sorry to hear about this ... I think people feel they can hide behind their keyboards and be outspoken, but if you met them in reality they would be the last to speak up and voice their opinions. Hope it all gets sorted !

(ps: would agree with all the others here - who actually has TIME to go on other forums and bitch about people?! I hardly find the time to check one forum, let alone however many more!!)

Do not do what you desire - do what is necessary

#14 Jason

Jason

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 02:00 PM

Oh dear. Seems like there has been some trouble while I have been away. Sorry to hear that you have had hastle Anjel and Sandy.

I cant understand why people waste time and energy on petty insults and trouble causing on the net. Thats why this is the only forum Im a member of.

He who is illuminated with the Darkest Shadow,
will shine with the Brightest Light

#15 twitch

twitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 08:54 PM

:omg:I am so sorry to hear about this happening. I do not know what has been going on, on other forums as 1 I canít be bothered reading them. 2 They have nothing to say I am interested in. But I agree wholeheartedly with sentiments here .If you say or write it, you own it! I feel to write something on an unrelated forum where non members who may not have the same views as us and whom we may not wish to communicate with, is bloody rude at the very least. Then to use bits of their quotes to make a statement is bordering on liable. Surely we have enough people out there who would slag us off for what we are,without some members going off and writing about what has or has not been said by someone else. If you donít agree with someoneís opinion argue your case tell them you think they are talking crap and then listen to thier reply. iether that or donít bother talking to them at all. Some people forget that at the other end of the keyboard is a person, and fellow member of our forum.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.