Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lela

2009 Podcast Round Up

Figured it was time to update the podcast thread, but since the old one mentions podcasts that are no longer being produced, I decided to start a fresh thread. Figured it would help you all avoid some real crap ones and direct you to the ones that I think are worth listening to.

Witchy Living - Hosted by our very own Kitchenwitch, go now and listen! Anjelwolf often co-hosts along with KW, and when the two of them get together, it is a laugh riot! Don't let the fun time fool you into thinking they're just shooting the breeze though, because these two cover some hard-core topics, but they definitely have fun doing it.

Crooked Path - After having shut down his podcast and website back in June, I'm happy to report that Peter Paddon is back!

Pagan Centered Podcast (PCP) - Hosted by a group of 20-something pagans discussing topics as they relate to modern Paganism. These guys don't hold back and basically have a reputation for ripping on people. In their own words "We're not here to bash, but we're not here to be politically correct either. Our show prides itself on expressing our opinions without regard for political correctness." This show may not be for everyone, but I think it's worth listening to.

The Infinite and the Beyond - "An esoteric podcast for the introspective pagan mind." This show covers a variety of topics focusing on paganism, occultism, parapsychology, science, society, and culture.

Celtic Myth Podshow - A really wonderful show recounting ancient tales and legends of Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Cornwall, Brittany and the Isle of Man.

Shadowdance - The podcasts are far and few in between, but I felt they deserved a mention. Hosted by Michelle Belanger and Chris Miller, occult and metaphysical topics are covered ranging from vampirism to dream walking and everything in between.

Wigglian Way - Hosted by 2 Wiccans, this show has been around for quite some time and deserved a mention as well. It's definitely not trad witch material, but I like variety and hearing different perspectives. I will admit, sometimes I fast forward through certain parts of the show, but overall, I find it entertaining.

Darkness Radio - Even though it's a paranormal podcast, I thought those into the paranormal would enjoy the show. Covers topics from the bizarre, strange and unusual.

Occult of Personality - All things occult covering topics of spirituality, mysticism, esoteric orders, magick, philosophy, history, religion, and much more.

I have a few other podcasts on my "To Listen To" list, and if I find they're worth listening to, I will definitely list them here... so stay tuned - pun intended, LOL! If you all have any that you listen to that aren't already mentioned, please let us know. :D

Guest ThePopeVI

THANK YOU!!!! these look GREAT! I was so bummed to find out that Peter had shut down his site but am so happy its back! What a great list to start with.

A Darker Shade of Pagan - an ongoing weekly podcast and streaming Internet radio show that looks at modern music from a unique spiritual perspective: the pagan perspective. Cutting a wide swathe through several musical genres, the show takes a look at themes relating to the occult, nature, myth, storytelling, old gods, mischievous spirits, our ancestors, and the nature of sacrifice.

Only started listening to it recently, and I like what I've heard. :thumbsup:

I forgot about A Darker Shade of Pagan. That is a good one, thanks AC.

Thanks for putting the links up.

I have heard a few of them before but have enjoyed listening to some that I havent come across.

I really enjoyed 'Witchy Living'. I hadnt heard of that before and had a listen to all the episodes that were up. It was such a breath of fresh air to listen to real hands on operative witchcraft presented with alot of energy and humour.

Ps. - I forgot to mention that I too am glad to see Paddon back. Im not always in complete agreement with his opinions, but its worth a listen. The first of his new eps regarding The Nature of service and sacrifice in Traditional Crafting is worth a listen. And as its come up for discussion here on a seperate thread im sure a few will find it interesting.

Here are a few more podcasts for your listening pleasure:

Standing Stone and Garden Gate Podcast - this has a Deo's Shadow feel to it, so if you liked that podcast, then you will like this one.

New World Witchery - "the search for American Traditional Witchcraft" - Show description taken from the website:

This is a show/blog about magic, specifically the magic practiced in North America. Your hosts are Cory & Laine, practicing witches who work with several New World systems. If you like magic, particularly American folk magic, this is the show for you.

Hex Education - This show is hosted by Christian Day (of Salem Mass) and Lori Bruno, a traditional practicing Strega. To sum this show up, it's basically the coffee talk of witchcraft. They interview quite a few BNPs and often sidetrack into a rant about this or that, but overall it's a very entertaining show and worth a listen. These two like to have fun and tend to be a bit gossipy, so it might not be to everyone's taste.