knot magic

Guest Ishtor

Guest Ishtor

If a cord was use in a 9 day ritual knot magick, can it be re used in another moon cycle? if not,what should be done withit afterwards hide it, throw it, burn it????

If a cord was use in a 9 day ritual knot magick, can it be re used in another moon cycle? if not,what should be done with it afterwards hide it, throw it, burn it????

It really depends on your personal preference here...myself it depends on the type of ritual magick I was performing...throwing it (to me) would mean "throwing" something away, discarding it from your life basically. I would be more likely to burning it, then I would either (a) bury the ashes, along with the candles and etc....or (b) take the ashes and blow them into the wind that is blowing in the direction of the subject. Hiding it is not something I would do in any case.

Guest wortmistress

However, some spells,I've heard(!), need the knots to be undone to release the effect AFTER it's been buried. I would burn it after each complete use-a) it is closure and b)I'm a bit of a traditionalist when it come to things like this- I would start afresh each time with a new piece!:)

Yes I agree, depends what you are using for, seems there are many things you can use knot magic for and some do call for the undoing of the knots, the Seamans knots come to mind as one example.

Personally I would decide what to do according to the spell (work) used for, listen to your instincts they will tell you!;)

Some things also call for the knots to remain!! For my wedding, we had a wish cord... all of our friends made wishes for us and tied a knot in the cord to represent that wish. I keep my cord intact and in a nice cushy place.

Those are some knots I don't want undone! (Among other things, I'm hoping someone wished us much financial success, lol...)

Yes KW, didnt mean to imply otherwise, some need to be undone, some not(excuse the Pun) and of course some destroyed or "killed" and some kept alive. What I really meant was it depends entirely for what reason it has been worked.;)

This is the type of post I like to see...where different styles come togegher and we can all have a decent discussion and learn from eachother (or in this case, see just how similar we all really are with how we do craft things).

I agree with Wortie and others here...start fresh with anything you do. Myself...I go through aot of candles for thie very reason :)

I agree as well. I never ever re-use anything I do because each time I do something it is always different. It has an individual energy woven into it and to re-use it, for me personally, wouldn't work.

I would either keep it, burn it or bury it. If I kept it I would only ever re-use it if I had to redo the work for some reason or enhance or change it - but it would have to be for the same person/purpose etc.

Deffinately agree with you ladies, I cetainly wouldnt reuse, just pointing out that wouldnt always dispose of if I considered it was better to keep!;)

Guest wortmistress

Take candles for e.g. If I use one for a crafting and I make a bottle etc. I will use the candle used in the working to seal it AND hide/bury/burn it with the bottle. I certainly feel that, as some of us may do here, considering the animistic principles of everything having an individual spirit or energy, it is always safer, and more respectful, to start anew, with new ingredients etc. every time- we certainly cannot afford to underestimate the residual force in such items!:)

Take candles for e.g. If I use one for a crafting and I make a bottle etc. I will use the candle used in the working to seal it AND hide/burn/burn it with the bottle. I certainly feel that, as some of us may do here, considering the animistic principles of everything having an individual spirit or energy, it is always safer, and more respectful, to start anew, with new ingredients etc. every time- we certainly cannot afford to underestimate the residual force in such items!:)

I couldn't have said that better myself :)

Keep in mind the energy is key to everything

Yes KW, didnt mean to imply otherwise, some need to be undone, some not(excuse the Pun) and of course some destroyed or "killed" and some kept alive. What I really meant was it depends entirely for what reason it has been worked.;)

I knew what you meant Marshy!! ;) I was just chattering about my Wish Cord, lol... I loved the idea of friends giving a part of their energy to wish us well!

Archived