Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Good day all,

I was recently driving, as I do every Monday for 3 hours, and became very tired. I do not wish to be dangerous so I drink caffeine, but I am not supposed to, I have a heart condition that makes it bad for me to drink caffeine. I was wondering if any of you have any natural things caffeine free that would keep me alert, besides putting hot sauce in the corner of my eye!

thanks

Be well,

MagDis

Goodness, MagDis, you want the entire list? My database has 35 "stimulant" herbs in it - and that's just a partial list. Whittling it down a bit, try any of the mints, catnip, horseradish, cumin, hyssop, juniper, bay laurel, nutmeg, marjoram, sage, thyme, ginger. Remember that your reaction to an herb may not be the same as mine, so you'll have to experiment.

Goodness, MagDis, you want the entire list? My database has 35 "stimulant" herbs in it - and that's just a partial list. Whittling it down a bit, try any of the mints, catnip, horseradish, cumin, hyssop, juniper, bay laurel, nutmeg, marjoram, sage, thyme, ginger. Remember that your reaction to an herb may not be the same as mine, so you'll have to experiment.

That is a great list! I know there have been a few times that I have felt a bit drowsy when I still had to go home from work. There is a REAL ginger ale soft drink that makes a great pick-me-up for me. Not that Canada Dry stuff....it is a bit heavy on the ginger flavor so it isn't for everyone. It is Reeds Ginger Ale and the only place I can find it around here is at a health food store.

good day everyone,

Mountain Witch, Haha, I assumed there would be a lot, I just never came across any in all the medicinal uses of herbs books I have, I thought this was strange. I have never felt the effects of a stimulant while using some of the more common herbs you list like mint, ginger, cumin (But I can see why that would work). but perhaps I am not taking enough, thanks for the list I shall experiment!

Be well,

MagDis

That is a great list! I know there have been a few times that I have felt a bit drowsy when I still had to go home from work. There is a REAL ginger ale soft drink that makes a great pick-me-up for me. Not that Canada Dry stuff....it is a bit heavy on the ginger flavor so it isn't for everyone. It is Reeds Ginger Ale and the only place I can find it around here is at a health food store.

You're lucky to have a source for REAL ginger ale at all! Was given some when I was in Philadelphia years ago, loved it and then found out it was a local thing. Here in the South, t'aint nothin' like that 'round these parts.

Tried making my own but it was 'way too weak-tasting. Need to try again but haven't had time.

I found one like that when we were in Oregon. Some little hippy store and it was wonderful. Too bad I can't remember where in Eugene it was (damn old age).

I just did a quick seach on Reed's ginger ale. Go to thier site and go to store locator. Never realized that the health food store I use, about 2 miles away, carries the ginger ale. I even called and confirmed.

MW....check your state, there's tons of stores that carry it and it seems to be all health food stores!!!!!

http://www.reedsgingerbrew.com

Man, I spent so much time on the Internet today and didn't even think to google that ale. Seems the majority in GA are actually real grocery stores (of course, none up here in the sticks) but a health food store in Atlanta run by a friend theoretically carries it. Will have to inquire of Jeff next week.

Interestingly enough, I don't think that list is current. They're listing several stores in Atlanta I know for a fact are closed.

Man, I spent so much time on the Internet today and didn't even think to google that ale. Seems the majority in GA are actually real grocery stores (of course, none up here in the sticks) but a health food store in Atlanta run by a friend theoretically carries it. Will have to inquire of Jeff next week.

Interestingly enough, I don't think that list is current. They're listing several stores in Atlanta I know for a fact are closed.

I noticed the closed stores here in IL too. But I do know the one by me is still open!!1