The Haunting in Connecticut

Wollf

Well I just finished watching this film "The Haunting in Connecticut". Boyyy was it a good film lol. For those of you who haven't heard of this film it's meant to be based on "true events" and it's about a boy with cancer and the family move into a house next to his hospital (which is in Connecticut). The house they move into has a "secret" and well it's like those haunted house films. But this ones quite good cause it ain't got a predictable plot (well not much). Has anyone else seen this film? And does anyone got any more information about the "true story" of this film?

Yeah, I heard that this movie was kind of crappy, though the trailers look good. I haven't seen it yet. Anyway-the house is in Southington CT. My mom moved to CT in the late 80's and though I have heard of and been to the Green Lady cemetary(Burlington) I have never heard of this house in Southington. Surely the Warrens have investigated it though, so you might give them a search-as they deal with this stuff and are from CT.

Ohhh, well I didn't think it was crappy much I've seen much worse lol. I'm having a movie day today cause I'm ill :( . Got skeleton key to watch in a few minutes :) .. but anyways back to the haunting in CT.. I don't think it was bad at all, it's good seeing as it's a haunted house film and it's very original never seen this in any haunted house type film. I'll try do some research into the truth of this film to, see what I can pick up.

Interestingly enough I have seen the film and the documentary from the show A Haunting that comes on discovery. However, a couple of weeks ago when I was working at the store where i do my readings a lady came in and asked for a reading. As it turns out it's that actual mother who experienced it all.Her name is Carmen Reed (and I don't feel bad to post her real name, as it is all over the internet anyway and she is now a paranormal investigator, apparently). After her reading we discussed the movie and what actually happened and what hollywood added. I wish I could remember more about what we discussed, but that day I woke up feeling dizzy and disoriented. And ended up passing out later that day after reading for her and about 6 other people.

I just watched it a few days ago and thought it was quite good. It is of course a movie but the plot was believable. The special effects were great and honestly the ending took me by surprise. I've seen A LOT of horror/thriller movies and can usually tell you how it ends within the first 20 minutes. All in all, definitely worth watching.

• 1 month later...
Interestingly enough I have seen the film and the documentary from the show A Haunting that comes on discovery. However, a couple of weeks ago when I was working at the store where i do my readings a lady came in and asked for a reading. As it turns out it's that actual mother who experienced it all.Her name is Carmen Reed (and I don't feel bad to post her real name, as it is all over the internet anyway and she is now a paranormal investigator, apparently). After her reading we discussed the movie and what actually happened and what hollywood added. I wish I could remember more about what we discussed, but that day I woke up feeling dizzy and disoriented. And ended up passing out later that day after reading for her and about 6 other people.

I recall her saying that she was annoyed by some of the 'eefects' included because it made the events seem somewhat embellished.

Interesting tale Ravenflyer.

hmmm .... i jus got this movie the other day and have yet to watch it. i heard it was really bad but i really love a good flick so i usually take opinions with a grain of salt. me and the boyfriend jus might have to watch this tonight.

Yeah I saw the actual interview about this story...the events were certainly traumatic for the family overall and it does appear to be a well documented haunting.

Now the movie however was a bit embellished (Hollywood created effects if you will)...but it made for a good story and an interesting movie overall.

I have ot say that much of what you saw in the movie was actual...though Hollywood did have a hand in the effects as the mother stated earlier.

I recall her saying that she was annoyed by some of the 'eefects' included because it made the events seem somewhat embellished.

Interesting tale Ravenflyer.

• 4 weeks later...

I quite enjoyed the film, regardless of its accuracy of real events. There were some genuinely squirmy moments in there, so - all good. REALLY like the feature on momento mori photograhy too.

Marion

I liked the movie, but do not believe the story. Tooooooo many different stories told by the family, and the neighbor who lived above them even called it baloney.

I guess the biggest reason I doubt it.. is according to the landlord they rarely paid rent and never claimed any haunting problems until he was getting them evicted.. little coincedental but ok.. then the author of in a dark place claimed he didn't believe them and even caught her running a "lottery scam".. also the author has documented proof that when he spoke with the boy he claimed that when he was taking his meds the voices went away.. and perhaps he was diagnosed as a skitzophrenic..

there are Multiple stories out there about this.. and the ways in which they have caught the woman up in her stories.. but it all comes down to what you believe..

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1522969/snedeker_family_how_true_is_the_connecticut.html?cat=40

and here is the interview with the author of the original book..

http://www.damnedct.com/damned-interview-ray-garton/

decide for yourself what you believe.. i have no doubts on spirits (well of course i am a witch lol), but i have to say on this one it seems a lil fishy

brandi

I apologize for the double post, but felt un happy about how i left the last one..

I wouldn't feel right about not presenting the "reed's" or "snedeker's" version .. as I was not there and all i can do is speculate belief or not.. but I found this article on people..

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20270145,00.html

i feel badly for the boy regardless be it mental or physical.. that is no joking matter.. as to the "haunting" like i said in my previous post i believe in spirits but it seems a lil fishy .. so i can't say i believe it or not.. riding the fence on this one

Brandi