The Mentalist

Morgana

Has anyone seen this program? I like the characters and basically the storylines, one of those that are easy to watch and you can turn your brain off. There's also some pretty good 1-liners!

Last night I almost turned it off, but John wanted to watch it. The quick review was that a high school star football player is found murdered and it is believed that a "witch" put a spell on him.

OMG!!! My first thought was....here we go....trash the witch!! But it actually was quite good. Yes, there was a witch, she was Wiccan, but actually she helped find the killer (won't tell you who it was). There was some pretty funny lines with one of the cops being all weird about witchcraft and watching the witch cast a spell and then getting paranoid about it.

So, if anyone hasn't seen this program, and I'm sure in a month or 2 they'll re-run this episode, keep an eye open for it!!! Its actually funny!!!

:thumbsup:

I watch the programme because Jane is meant to be a a medium/psychic but was exposed as a "cold reader". I was hoping to learn more about cold reading, but its pretty basic pop psychology from what I can see, rather than reading any subtexts. Then again, it could be the programme makers "dumbing it down" so the viewer can see what Jane sees and making them feel a bit special.

Either way: I don't care. I enjoy the programme. It reminds me of "Law and Order: Criminal Intent" and "Criminal Minds"

Oh, I saw the witchy episode and like it. It was full of Granny Weatherwax headology stuff, even if the witch was a bit Wiccan. :blobfire:

I really like this program, here its on right after (was that is) NCIS and i have a thing for simon baker. I saw that episode with the "witch" (or really bad rendition of a wiccan) and it drove me nuts, about as nuts as my teacher calling me wiccan ( i shit a brick when she did).

I like the way he has the ability to use his mind and get information from others quickly without them knowing, quite a skill, reminds me of that other fellow who used to have a show on SciFi, i cant remember his name. I was thinking about that a bit since the show has started, i wouldnt mind learning the skill, may come in handy someday:wink:

I saw that episode....I thought even wiccans would be squirming in their seats. I watch it occasionally but I'm not a huge fan. Although he is a clever psychologist he is a bit narrow minded and biggoted....or maybe that goes with the territory ! There's certainly a lot worse on the box !