45 replies to this topic

#41 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:52 AM

Best guess off the top of my head, 7 being a number held by many as a magical number and the one making a trek or using the number 7 and times by 3 , is the 21 day cycle and the sacrifice of the travel. If One would go without the Gregorian Calendar and used the Moons for this.

Regards,
Gypsy

One issue with this, the moon is on a 28 day cycle roughly. Perhaps I misunderstood your point?

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

Terry Pratchett Legends 1 

#42 Enodia

Enodia

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 02:20 AM

That makes sense CG? I didn't think of it that way.

Edited by Enodia, 21 May 2014 - 02:20 AM.

"it is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

#43 Llyr

Llyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:56 AM

Wow. Its amazing the information that you come across while searching about making salves.

I am putting this into the memory bank for a later idea.

#44 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Life is good

• Moderators
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 03:40 PM

It bothers me that the relative recipe has no truly moon related ingredients (i.e. Menstrual blood, moths, night blooming flowers, tidal water) other than plants picked at a certain time. What makes it a "moon paste" other than its name?

RSKHFMY

#45 Holdasown

Holdasown

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 06:48 PM

This may be a dumb question but I am approaching menopause and I am on bc that keeps me from menstruating. I take these spells wouldn't be something you do in the later phase of life? 

#46 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Life is good

• Moderators
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 06:57 PM

There are other things you can use to substitute for menstrual blood, depending upon the working. I don't want to detail this thread to much so if you have questions feel free to send me a PM, I've worked with menstrual blood a fair amount

RSKHFMY