Hellenic witchcraft

AnjelWolf

Hi...I kinda stumbled across this tonight during a search of something else. According to what I could find...it's sorta related to trad. craft...but involves the Egyptian, Greek & Roman beliefs as well. When I searched on witches Voice I discovered that there was an adult run coven in Louisiana (your neck of the woods KW). The coven allowed people over 30 to join (also didn't have bull crap rules/degrees/etc.) and there was a link that discussed this path as well but not detailed really (at least not to me). So is anyone here familiar with this??? What I did find interesting was that they honored Hecate and Pan...that was refreshing (at least to me)

• 4 months later...
Guest PathWalker

I'm definitely not a Hellenist... but I honor Hecate, well am in the working of it...

I've been drawn to Her for years and years on end, and as for the others... I may or may not call upon them, depending how well Hecate gets along with them... (Never mix two or more battling Goddesses, or co-rivaling Gods in the same ritual/spell/chant, trust me!)

I honor Pan, but more so Hermes as a Father-figure and Helios, of course as the sun God... but I really haven't felt drawn to a particular God at this point in time...

(Sorry about the "off-topic" thing...)

Now as for the Coven, I'm leery about joining covens so I normally steer clear unless I know someone that is involved in it... But the best thing to do is e-mail them and find out more information, if they refuse to give out more information, then they are not worth the time...

Hi...I kinda stumbled across this tonight during a search of something else. According to what I could find...it's sorta related to trad. craft...but involves the Egyptian, Greek & Roman beliefs as well. When I searched on witches Voice I discovered that there was an adult run coven in Louisiana (your neck of the woods KW). The coven allowed people over 30 to join (also didn't have bull crap rules/degrees/etc.) and there was a link that discussed this path as well but not detailed really (at least not to me). So is anyone here familiar with this??? What I did find interesting was that they honored Hecate and Pan...that was refreshing (at least to me)

Yeah, I've been to the "Church of Thessaly" website and I wasn't too particularly crazy about them having a "king and queen", or duarchy, who are the "final say" in all things. I am too much of a bitch to deal with all the hierarchies and petty squabbling that inevitably take over a group like that. I seriously doubt I will ever be a central part of any coven. I MAY participate on the fringes... but that's it.

Interesting concept, though... (the Hellenism). :D

Yeah, I've been to the "Church of Thessaly" website and I wasn't too particularly crazy about them having a "king and queen", or duarchy, who are the "final say" in all things. I am too much of a bitch to deal with all the hierarchies and petty squabbling that inevitably take over a group like that. I seriously doubt I will ever be a central part of any coven. I MAY participate on the fringes... but that's it.

Interesting concept, though... (the Hellenism). :D

You are my hero, KW!! LOL I too have visited their site and I don't think it is my thing, either.

• 6 months later...

When I started in witchcraft I was a Hellenic Witch. When I work with specific deities I kinda still am. Though my mythology in relation to the Hellenic path is kinda rusty at the moment. While I still believe in the Greek Deities, I don't follow a Hellenic path any more. Though I'm more than happy to answer any questions about my past path and work with Hellenic Deities and witchcraft.