Photo
- - - - -

A planned chat time

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#1 Tana

Tana

Earth Mother

• Moderators
  • 3,763 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 07:18 PM

Marshy and I think we should set a time when we could all meet up in chat for a good old gossip! What does everyone think about the idea? What time would suit - esp so we can include those both sides of the Atlantic! Droghon could you make a nice announcement box on the main page if the idea takes off?
)0( Tana )o(

If I break faith with thee, may the skies fall upon me, the seas drown me, and the earth rise up and swallow me.

#2 landunderwave

landunderwave

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 07:34 PM

Great Idea! ^^
First of all we should check our local time. Mine is 9.38 pm at the moment.
I've got time on sunday afternoons and evenings.

#3 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 09:53 PM

Marshy and I think we should set a time when we could all meet up in chat for a good old gossip! What does everyone think about the idea? What time would suit - esp so we can include those both sides of the Atlantic! Droghon could you make a nice announcement box on the main page if the idea takes off?

You know I think that is an absolutely wonderful idea!!! Count me in...I'm in the eastern U.S. so just give me a heads up

#4 Droghon

Droghon

Administrator/Host

• Administrators
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 06:10 AM

Good idea Tana and Marshy :)

I can put up an announcement on front page easily enough once a day and time is arranged.

Droghon (or Brian)

I know nothing, I seek everything.

Words of a wise woman .. "OMFG stop being an utter newb and start acting like a proper witch who knows what they are talking about!"

#5 Marshy

Marshy

Eternal Seeker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 11:17 AM

Sounds good, I am about most Sundays from 06.00 to 22.00 BST if thats any good to anyone! I realise not everyone would be able to make it on a regular basis, but if we tried to do maybe weekly or monthly, I bet there would always be some of us make it;)
Hal wes u, folde, fira modor ! Marshy :flyaway:

#6 Guest_wortmistress_*

Guest_wortmistress_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2007 - 02:22 PM

Count ole Wortie in!:hugs:

#7 Cairelle

Cairelle

GiGi Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,374 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 09:13 PM

I'm in the US's Central Time Zone (GMT -6)... count me in for a chat!! Sounds like a grand time to me!!:D

“People don’t live in New Orleans because it is easy. They live here because they are incapable of living anywhere else in the just same way.” – Ian McNulty, A Season of Night: New Orleans Life After Katrina

#8 Storm

Storm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 05:47 AM

i would love to, my work sched. is crazy though. i'm in eastern us also but work nights at the moment. 6 pm to 6 am
If you don't live for something, you die for nothing

#9 Tana

Tana

Earth Mother

• Moderators
  • 3,763 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 10:07 PM

I think we are getting consensus that Sunday would be a good day, maybe in the eve UK time. Now if we can decide on a specific time which would also suit our chums across the pond the maybe we could make the first one next week? What time would you suggest? ;)
)0( Tana )o(

If I break faith with thee, may the skies fall upon me, the seas drown me, and the earth rise up and swallow me.

#10 Droghon

Droghon

Administrator/Host

• Administrators
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:45 AM

Maybe try for 6pm or 7pm UK time next Sunday?

Open to better times to suit our US members though, so make suggestions :)

Droghon (or Brian)

Words of a wise woman .. "OMFG stop being an utter newb and start acting like a proper witch who knows what they are talking about!"

#11 Cairelle

Cairelle

GiGi Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,374 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 02:00 PM

Well, I'm working nights as well, but since you UK folk are (and correct me if I'm wrong) about 6 hours ahead of me, I should be okay.

SO, 6pm UK time, noon my time, on Sunday would be great for me! I can come have a chat before I go take my pre-work nap!!

(And someone please correct me on the time if I'm wrong, lol... I'm GMT -6... :cool:)

“People don’t live in New Orleans because it is easy. They live here because they are incapable of living anywhere else in the just same way.” – Ian McNulty, A Season of Night: New Orleans Life After Katrina

#12 Marshy

Marshy

Eternal Seeker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 02:05 PM

Hi KW, just to make it interesting we have now jumped forward an hour onto BST (British summer time)!;)

#13 Tana

Tana

Earth Mother

• Moderators
  • 3,763 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 11:27 PM

OK lets make a definite time and say 6pm this Sunday. If we find this is not the best time we can adjust things for future chat sessions. I think the main thing is to have a go and see if it is a good idea and suits everyone. Droghon, can you post a notice to advertise the first one? I'm really looking forward to it!
:grphug2:

)0( Tana )o(

#14 Marshy

Marshy

Eternal Seeker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 06:30 AM

Just realised Tana, this means I will have to share you;)

#15 Tana

Tana

Earth Mother

• Moderators
  • 3,763 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 02:37 PM

I know Marshy! And of course the reverse is also true!!! :rofl:
Droghon - Thanks for putting the announcement up on the main page! :hugs:

)0( Tana )o(

#16 Droghon

Droghon

Administrator/Host

• Administrators
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 07:17 PM

OK folks, I've added a new 'Launch Videochat' link when you're logged in to the forum. It's on the top Navigation Area beside Calendar)

This will open a login page, simply type in your username and login .. no need for your password etc.

This little do dah has the ability for people to use their webcam and voice chat, not to worry it also is text chat room.

Maybe we can give it a try tomorrow night, if it breaks we can always use the other Chat room on our own server.

Droghon (or Brian)

#17 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 08:03 PM

Sounds good...so 6 pm my time tomorrow night (Sunday?)....I'm on east coast in Florida

#18 Cairelle

Cairelle

GiGi Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,374 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 01:57 AM

No, 6pm UK time... ;)

#19 landunderwave

landunderwave

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 11:41 AM

I'll be there.

#20 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 03:25 PM

No, 6pm UK time... ;)

CRAp...ok so somebody alert me when it close to chat time please...I'll be online all day but to and from my laptop...so kick me an email or yim me..I don't want to miss that...thanks :)