Photo
- - - - -

What's up with my pendulum?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Bre

Bre

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:34 PM

I'm having a problem with my pendulum....It is giving me false information. I do some tests, i.e day of the week,etc. and it's fine. But I am not getting truthful answers to other questions. Is there anything I can do with it? Any help would be appreciated...thanks.

Bre

#2 sophiadawn

sophiadawn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:44 AM

well, first of all, how do you know it is false information? perhaps an example? If you re sure it is false, then why and how are you asking the question? how a question is phrased can be misleading. Just a few thoughts.

In the case of a pendulum that is not working dependably, I would first give it a good cleansing. And then would probably keep it close to me physically for a while to attune it to my own energies. See where that gets you.

#3 Morgana

Morgana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:50 PM

well, first of all, how do you know it is false information? perhaps an example? If you re sure it is false, then why and how are you asking the question? how a question is phrased can be misleading. Just a few thoughts.

In the case of a pendulum that is not working dependably, I would first give it a good cleansing. And then would probably keep it close to me physically for a while to attune it to my own energies. See where that gets you.

I agree. By cleansing and then keeping it close, I will actually wear mine as a pendant, it will become more attuned to you!!!

Earth as Body become Me
Air as Life breathe through Me
Fire as Spirit consume Me
Water as Blood flow through Me
Spirit as Guide lead Me

#4 Branred

Branred

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 08:46 PM

If you have used this pendulum with success for a while please try to refrain from cleansing it right away. Just because it seems to be giving you the wrong answers does not mean that it is broken.
Any bond you have built up can be lost forever after cleansing, this bond can be difficult or sometimes even impossible to rebuild.
For instance if you chastised someone every time they voiced a different opinion they would soon stop trying to help and just tell you what you want to hear.
Your pendulum may have picked up some energy you are not aware of, it maybe even answering subconscious questions you have, or it may be trying to point you in a direction you need to be made aware of.

Firstly I would open up my range of questions, ask it wide ranging and open questions. Try to let it speak and direct you and try to get a flow going and not just give you yes/no answers.
Also look at the questions you are asking, can they be interpreted in different ways, are the answers wrong or just answers you don't like or maybe answers that don't fit the questions. Do the answers themselves need to be interpreted?
Even if you can't make any sense from the pendulum at the moment, maybe over time you will.
If you still need your original questions answered you can make a simple pendulum to use to answer them.

In time if all else fails then by all means cleanse your pendulum and start again, but at least give it some thought before you do so.

Branred.

#5 Bre

Bre

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 02:03 AM

Thank you all for your responses....I will try to test it a little more and if that doesn't work, I will try cleansing it. I have found it odd that since I've posted this...it now is swinging differently. Yes was always north/south and now it is east/west and no has changed from east/west to north/south. I does answer the day of the week test correctly and I'm hesitant on giving it any important questions because I really don't want to be disappointed. I do feel the energy in it more than I did before. I carry it in my pocket everywhere with me too.

#6 Bre

Bre

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 01:11 AM

Just an update...I ended up having to give my pedulum a good cleansing...I wonder if it started acting up because my sister tried to use it. Well, lesson learned, I won't let anyone touch it again. Anyway, it is now giving me truthful answers and oddly, it has changed it's direction of yes and no again. So I go with it....thanks for the advise.
Bre

#7 sophiadawn

sophiadawn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 02:24 PM

Thanks for the update. A friend of mine just started having problems with her pendulum not answering her at all. She allowed me to use it and it seemed to work fine for me. She had been using it a lot and I think that she was confusing herself more than anything. She tried it again while she was here at my house and it did work but the pull was much more subtle than she had experienced at first. In her case, I don't think a cleansing is needed. I think she needs to just keep it on her person a while.

#8 Bre

Bre

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 12:32 AM

Sure, no problem....the pull on mine has gotten stronger since I posted last. I keep it in my pocket throughout the day at work and I take it out while I'm driving and at home and just hold it in my hands. I did notice that after I cleaned it, it took a couple of days for it to respond to me.

Bre