Hot milk & black pepper for flu.

Guest Salem

Elderberry is going to sort a cold FAR better than anything else available on the market.  It's something that's actually proven to work that backs up the experience of the folk.

Elderberry is going to sort a cold FAR better than anything else available on the market.  It's something that's actually proven to work that backs up the experience of the folk.

Maybe my immune system is just weak, but I reach for elderberry every time little children are around me because I can almost guarantee I will be getting a cold if I do not. 

Do you make your own elderberry syrup or have a tried and true brand? 

Nice recipe thank you! I always use eucalyptus for the stuffy nose during the cold and my mother takes a spoon of pollen in 2 spoons of water every morning to avoid to catch a flu... :rolleyes: 

• 3 months later...

Our version of this skips the milk part entirely; for fever based flus (with symptoms like an exaggerated cold) just swallow ten black pepper kernels (unground or whole) with some water. 

For flus that affect the stomach do the same only with white pepper instead. (Although I tried it with black pepper as well and it seemed to work just fine, so I suppose the color change isn't entirely necessary).

When I was working in a local school a few years back all the staff would do this whenever there was an outbreak among the kids and it had a pretty good success rate. So if you don't do well with milk, maybe just try this instead. :smile:

Our version of this skips the milk part entirely; for fever based flus (with symptoms like an exaggerated cold) just swallow ten black pepper kernels (unground or whole) with some water. 

For flus that affect the stomach do the same only with white pepper instead. (Although I tried it with black pepper as well and it seemed to work just fine, so I suppose the color change isn't entirely necessary).

When I was working in a local school a few years back all the staff would do this whenever there was an outbreak among the kids and it had a pretty good success rate. So if you don't do well with milk, maybe just try this instead. :smile:

A Google search tells me the only difference between white and black peppercorns is that the white ones have the black outer layer removed. So it makes sense that one could be substituted for the other.

A Google search tells me the only difference between white and black peppercorns is that the white ones have the black outer layer removed. So it makes sense that one could be substituted for the other.

Sounds reasonable to me. If the only difference is the shell being/not being there, I can't imagine it would affect the reaction inside the body.

Archived