Hot milk & black pepper for flu.

Guest Salem

Guest Salem

Hey all,

Ok another tried & tested remedy coming up!!

This remedy is for warding off the flu, this has become very popular for me with the out break of this swine flu thats going around, for those of you who dont know the swine flu is a killer due to the high body temps that ppl get, it literally boils you up from inside!! nice!! but the syptoms of it are the same as normal flu so this recipe could be well worth keeping!!

This remedy works only when the syptoms of flu, not as effective if you already have it.

1) measure out a cupfull of cows milk (doesnt matter if its full fat, skimmed or semi-skimmed)

2) place milk in a saucepan/pot & bring to the boil

3) once milk is bubbling away add a generous (at least 1/3 teaspoon) amount of black pepper (not pepper corns though)

4) allow milk & pepper to simmer for a few mins

5) pour into cup & drink whilst hot, or as hot as you can take it.

This remedy is best used before going to bed as its more effective in a rested body that isnt moving much, the reason for this is you will sweat a lot during the night, its not uncommon to wake up the next morning with your pillow soaked!!!!

What this remedy does is 2 things, firstly the hot milk settles the stomach & is well known for aiding sleep, secondly the pepper literally sweats the flu/cold syptoms from your body before it can take effect.

As I said earlier this remedy is tried & tested for many years & has been around for at least 9 generations of my family if not longer, this remedy can be used by anyone of any age.

:wavex:

Hey all,

This remedy is for warding off the flu, this has become very popular for me with the out break of this swine flu thats going around, for those of you who dont know the swine flu is a killer due to the high body temps that ppl get, it literally boils you up from inside!! nice!! but the syptoms of it are the same as normal flu so this recipe could be well worth keeping!!

This remedy works only when the syptoms of flu, not as effective if you already have it.

1) measure out a cupfull of cows milk (doesnt matter if its full fat, skimmed or semi-skimmed)

3) once milk is bubbling away add a generous (at least 1/3 teaspoon) amount of black pepper (not pepper corns though)

This remedy is best used before going to bed as its more effective in a rested body that isnt moving much, the reason for this is you will sweat a lot during the night, its not uncommon to wake up the next morning with your pillow soaked!!!!

What this remedy does is 2 things, firstly the hot milk settles the stomach & is well known for aiding sleep, secondly the pepper literally sweats the flu/cold syptoms from your body before it can take effect.

As I said earlier this remedy is tried & tested for many years & has been around for at least 9 generations of my family if not longer, this remedy can be used by anyone of any age.

You know I never thought of this! Wow! thanks Salem! Great idea!

I had the flu in my late teens and milk was something I couldn't stomach, it just made me sick, this is also the same when i get a cold anything milky is out of the question. Good old whiskey, lemon, hot water and sugar (a hot toddy) is always a winner for me.

Guest Salem
Sounds good, but I would worry about the added mucus buildup from the milk. But, knowing me, I'll give it a try.

Surprisingly there shouldnt be much mucus build up at all, dont ask me why tho, however it does the job.

Ive got some more remedies coming up.....just gotta find my book with them in & I'll happily share them with you all!!!

:vhappywitch:

Guest Salem
I had the flu in my late teens and milk was something I couldn't stomach, it just made me sick, this is also the same when i get a cold anything milky is out of the question. Good old whiskey, lemon, hot water and sugar (a hot toddy) is always a winner for me.

Lol!! you read my mind Kerry!! Thats another remedy I have!!

oh well you beat me to it!! :rofl:

Great Minds think alike eh Salem!!! Sometimes its just nice to have a hot toddy on a cold winters night! I remember years ago Yates Wine Lodge used to do something similiar called 'blobs', warmed the cockles of your heart, so it did!

Guest Salem
Great Minds think alike eh Salem!!! Sometimes its just nice to have a hot toddy on a cold winters night! I remember years ago Yates Wine Lodge used to do something similiar called 'blobs', warmed the cockles of your heart, so it did!

Yup they sure do, yer a good ol hot toddy will do the trick everytime!!

My nan used to give me a drop of brandy & lemon before going to bed in the winter!! the other kids would be freezing in school the next day & i'd be ab fab baby!! lol!!

:atoast:

I see you specify cows milk and I wonder why?? I have fresh, raw goats milk right from my girls. Goats milk is way better digested by the human system, so is there a particular reason you know of that it wouldn't be as good if not better?

As a side note, for lots of people they find less mucus build up with goats milk and most folks who are lactose intolerant can drink goats milk just fine. The reason being that the fat molecules in goats milk are much smaller that in cow milk and therefore more appropriate for the majority of mammals.

Hey all,

Guest Salem

Well the cows milk is specified really because its a sleep aid, if goats milk has the same effect I dont see why it cant be used, personally I dont like the taste of goats milk so have never tried to be honest.

As for the mucus I gotta say its never come up as a problem before, Ive certainly not noticed any when Ive used it nor have any ppl I've advised it to.

Its a remedy thats been used for years & years so I dont spose who ever invented it knew about mucus.

Hey all,

Ill defiantley keep a note of this one but:vomit: for the taste of it lol!

My remedy is Brandy. Thats it. helps that I actually love it as well. Mind you im really lucky I rarely get ill.

Guest Salem
Ill defiantley keep a note of this one but:vomit: for the taste of it lol!

My remedy is Brandy. Thats it. helps that I actually love it as well. Mind you im really lucky I rarely get ill.

Yeah it deff doesnt taste v. good but like I said it is effective, lol!! my nan used to threaten me with it if I misbehaved when i was at her house...the threat worked 2!! hahaha!! or she'd make me have castor oil before going to bed!! I was normally good when around there!! lol!!

I like Brandy 2 with coke & ice, cant do it straight outta the bottle, Im a bit of a pussy when it comes to drinking these days!! lol!!!

:witch2:

Yeah it deff doesnt taste v. good but like I said it is effective, lol!! my nan used to threaten me with it if I misbehaved when i was at her house...the threat worked 2!! hahaha!! or she'd make me have castor oil before going to bed!! I was normally good when around there!! lol!!

I like Brandy 2 with coke & ice, cant do it straight outta the bottle, Im a bit of a pussy when it comes to drinking these days!! lol!!!

:witch2:

LMAO!!!

This aint no place for pussys honey ;)

Guest Salem
LMAO!!!

This aint no place for pussys honey ;)

Lol!! Im only 1 when it comes to booze!! Im no pussy in anyother dept, dont worry bout that!! lol!!

:howl-moon:

• 4 years later...

Noted that a "guest(s)" of one sort or another keeps looking at this thread . . . have seen it on the who is online list, repeatedly.  I do not know exactly why it is so interesting to that person, but I am familiar with it.

I prefer to avoid people who are sick and wash my hands a lot, but I am also a big fan of getting in front of illness and knocking it in the ass, before it can get a firm hold on me, too.

Anyone ever use this remedy?  I dislike milk by itself, so would not be my choice.

Nope.Can't say that that combo is appetizing to me. I don't like hot milk at all. 

Stomach Flu is going around my house right now and I felt myself getting sick yesterday.  My remedy of choice is ginger tea with lemon and honey for stomach flu. I knocked it in the ass right as I started to feel horrible before I became friends with the toilet like everyone else in my house right now.  

I've never tried hot milk and black pepper - sounds interesting!

When it's flu season here I stick a whole clove of garlic into some honey and let it sit for a few days. Then when cold/flu symptoms appear I swallow a spoonful. The kids aren't very impressed with it though, so I just stick to regular raw honey for them. Lol! It is important for the honey to be raw though, honey is an amazing living food full of beneficial bacteria and enzymes. The heating process in regular honey from the supermarket kills a lot of that goodness. Manuka honey is another good option.

I've never tried hot milk and black pepper - sounds interesting!

When it's flu season here I stick a whole clove of garlic into some honey and let it sit for a few days. Then when cold/flu symptoms appear I swallow a spoonful. The kids aren't very impressed with it though, so I just stick to regular raw honey for them. Lol! It is important for the honey to be raw though, honey is an amazing living food full of beneficial bacteria and enzymes. The heating process in regular honey from the supermarket kills a lot of that goodness. Manuka honey is another good option.

I do something similar but I use a whole raw onion cut into quarters soaked over night in honey. Onions are a great expectorant and the honey is obviously soothing.

That would make sense, garlic and onions both come from the Allium family :) It works great, doesn't it? I don't think my kids would eat onion honey either though, they complain enough when I put it in their dinner, hahahaha.

Well.  Honestly, I would take a HEAVY dose of black pepper a half an hour before a dose of curcumin(piperine in the black pepper aids the absorption of curcimin, which is extremely expensive, up to 20x).  Turmeric is an old folk remedy for colds, body aches, stomach upsets, etc.

Then wash it down with the milk.  Or, preferably, a nice hot toddy :)

I can't stand milk, sketchy stuff it is.

Interesting, I hadn't heard of milk and hot pepper before. In your experience, is it more or as effective as elderberry? I usually go for elderberry and garlic at the first sign of an illness. 

Archived