Drag me to hell.

Guest Oakbuchanan

Guest Oakbuchanan

Went to see this film today, its gotta be one of the funniest films I seen in ages about a girl who has a curse put on her by an old Hungarian woman.. I really did LOL, not just in my head..

Did anyone else catch this?

Went to see this film today, its gotta be one of the funniest films I seen in ages about a girl who has a curse put on her by an old Hungarian woman.. I really did LOL, not just in my head..

Did anyone else catch this?

I havent seen it yet...not sure if I want to.

this is one genre of movie that I seldom watch and certainly won't pay to o to the theatre for. Just ins't my cup of tea. I did listen to a review of it that said it wasn't really a horror flick so much as a comedy. The commercials on TV look like horror movie though.

Guest Oakbuchanan

Yes its a Horror/comedy, and each to their own ^... I havent seen the trailer or read any reviews, Something I dont usually do.. think youll enjoy it Lea :D especially if you need a good laugh..

On the other hand, I do enjoy a good scary/intense movie now and then. The last horror movie I watched I was sorry I paid to rent it. It was "The Hills Have Eyes" and it was nothing but a blood bath. Blah...Not not into slasher horror movies.

Perhaps this movie doesn't fit into that category?

On the other hand, I do enjoy a good scary/intense movie now and then. The last horror movie I watched I was sorry I paid to rent it. It was "The Hills Have Eyes" and it was nothing but a blood bath. Blah...Not not into slasher horror movies.

Perhaps this movie doesn't fit into that category?

I don't watch or care for the "jason/freddie" or blood bath type movies myself. When I seen that the Skeleton Key was classified a horror movie, I was not interested in seeing it. My son told me it was not like that, so I got the movie and loved it....I did not see anything horror about it.

I don't think of this movie so much as a comedy. Because I know there are scenes in the movie, that are unintentionally funny.

I mean this is the producer of The Evil Dead (which is probably one of the best horror movies ever made), and then The Evil Dead 2 and Evil Dead 3 army of darkness (Which for whatever reason bescame really campy, and not very funny at that).

Now this movie. I liked. I like the idea of cursing someone to be dragged to hell in 3 days time. I thought it was good movie. Not very scary, but a good movie. Kinda gross in places, I mean what with all the coughin up green bile and then the dead woman falling on the blonde and her body fluids pouring out of the dead woman's mouth and into the blonde's mouth.

There were some mildly disturbing images. (i.e. the goat in the seance, at least until it bit the other guy).

I would suggest this movie to people who like the movies from the 60s and the 80s. I leave out the 70s only because that was the decade for slashers. I mean the 80s had plenty of slasher movies too, but it also had plenty of horror movies that focused on monsters, and demons (i.e. witchboard, witchery)

Guest Oakbuchanan
Oak, was it really that cheesy? Based on what you said, I think I'll wait to watch it when it comes on one of the cable TV movie channels.

I dont get ya..and cant remember calling it cheesy, funny on the other hand definatley..but depends what your expecting Lela.. some of the scenes are meant to be funny, and some gross funny so id disagree withya Raven..i think the only people who will find it scary are the same people who find some of the stuff we guys do scary.. Its a laugh, nothing serious..but dont let me influence you, make your own mind up :D

Guest Oakbuchanan
Hidden
Oak, was it really that cheesy? Based on what you said, I think I'll wait to watch it when it comes on one of the cable TV movie channels.

I dont get ya..and cant remember calling it cheesy, funny on the other hand definatley..but depends what your expecting Lela.. some of the scenes are meant to be funny, and some gross funny so id disagree withya Raven..I think the only people who will find it scary are the same people who find some of the stuff we guys do scary.. Its a laugh, nothing serious..but dont let me influence you, make your own mind up :D

I dont get ya..and cant remember calling it cheesy, funny on the other hand definatley..but depends what your expecting Lela..

Since you called it "funny," I interpreted that to mean that the special effects/storyline are so over the top that it's laughable, hence being cheesy. :D

Guest Oakbuchanan
Since you called it "funny," I interpreted that to mean that the special effects/storyline are so over the top that it's laughable, hence being cheesy. :D

You could tell all that one word!? wow..... Cheesy..lol (to a Brit anyway) means a bit naff, which I dont think the film is.... dont know what cheesy means to a Pennsylvanian though..LMAO.. what a strange converation, Im sooo glad I started this thread.....:sickwitch:

You could tell all that one word!? wow..... Cheesy..lol (to a Brit anyway) means a bit naff, which I dont think the film is.... dont know what cheesy means to a Pennsylvanian though..LMAO.. what a strange converation, Im sooo glad I started this thread.....:sickwitch:

Yeah, cheesy to a Pennsylvanian also means "a bit naff" too, but I obviously didn't get what you meant by "funny."

Guest Oakbuchanan
Yeah, cheesy to a Pennsylvanian also means "a bit naff" too, but I obviously didn't get what you meant by "funny."

Oh ok , no problem.. Its easy to get wires crossed in this place! Id buy you a ticket if I could, so at least youd be able see it for yourself, without bein out of pocket if it wernt your cup of tea..:popcorn:

Oh ok , no problem.. Its easy to get wires crossed in this place! Id buy you a ticket if I could, so at least youd be able see it for yourself, without bein out of pocket if it wernt your cup of tea..:popcorn:

Awwww, that's so sweet of you to offer. If I didn't live across the pond, I'd totally take you up on it. Thanks!!! :wink:

• 3 weeks later...
Kinda gross in places, I mean what with all the coughin up green bile and then the dead woman falling on the blonde and her body fluids pouring out of the dead woman's mouth and into the blonde's mouth.

eeewwww !! I really wish I hadn't read that whilst eating a tuna sandwich !!!

• 1 month later...

Oh The Skeleton Key that was a good one. Has anyone seen Wrong Turn? It's a "B" movie that has a HUGE cult following. My all time favorite horror movie is Candyman.

I thought the previews for Drag Me to Hell looked really good. Will wait for it to go to HBO to see since it got some bad reviews here.

I agree with you Oak, this film was hilarious! It's a crap film but it's amazing at the same time lol. Guys you really should see this film it scares you whilst making you laugh at the same time. Our whole cinema was jumping and laughing it was a good experience never seen a film which made me feel like this lol. Bout gave me a heart attack cause it's hard trying to laugh while your getting the crap scared out of you lol! A must see to be honest, even though the storyline is crap.

• 4 weeks later...

I actually liked this movie too even though they got it wrong about Lamia's and such. Though I think if I received a curse like that the Lamia might have to stand in line for my soul. The Morrigan has claim on that and I don't believe she/they would share at all. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Gee, sounds like sam raimi needed to watch Steven Kings "Thinner" to get an idea about this movie. I heard it was good, but horror movies dont scare me anymore. I have it, i may watch it, i am unsure.

I could always do what i did while watching Bruno and turn it off because it bored me to death.