Angels & Demons

Wyrd

I'm trying not to get to psyched. I mean, the DaVinci Code was an excellent book, but the movie sucked hard-for me at least.

I liked The Da Vinci Code, but I think that they held back a bit in order to have universal appeal, and Tom Hanks would not be my first choice for the part! Don't get me wrong, I like Tom Hanks, I just don't think that he's right for the part! I can't help getting psyched about Angels & Demons though.

I am very much looking forward to it. I loved both books, "DaVinci Code" and "Angels and Demons". As a matter of fact, I likes A&D more. I liked the movie for DaVinci Code too. I hope that this upcoming movie holds up well as the book!

Dan Brown has a new book due to come out in august I think and I look forward to that.

Definitely excited about it. I have editions of Angels and Demons as well as DaVinci code with pictures and explanations of all the art work and symbols etc. Very interesting. I did like the film and thought Tom Hanks was a good choice, although haven't seen him in much else except Forrest Gump so I am no expert on him!

Angels and Demons is still on my bookshelf, waiting to be read! I read Da Vinci and saw the film too. Must get on and read A&D before the film comes out, as I did think the Da Vinci book was better than the film. Star Trek - seeing that next week!!!

I'm also looking forward to seeing this. If anyone is interested, this coming Sunday night (5/10/09) on the history channel they're showing Angels & Demons Decoded at 8pm/7c. Just something to tie you over till the movie comes out

I'm really looking forward to it because i loved the book more than the Da Vinci Code and i only just recently saw the Da Vinci Code and thought it was brilliant so Angels and Demons should be amazing!! :D

Well now I feel bad for being the only one who thought The Davinci code movie sucked! LOL! I did think the book was awesome though. The Illuminati was a great book to, and like I said in my first post, trying not to get to excited, even though the trailers I saw on youtube look really good. (and Ewan is a fine piece of man!! HA!)Atleast I will get some good bids for a leather Illuminati coat I bought years ago on ebay! He he

Well, I just got home a little while ago from the movie theater. One of my daughters and I went to see Angels & Demons and I was not disappointed. Like DaV. Code, this is a thinking/action type movie. I thought the special effects were very well done as well. I personally like the casting of Tom Hanks as Prof. Langdon.

I too just saw the movie (last night). I have to say, I am a tad disappointed. I mean if I never read the book, Id be like "wow that was an amazing movie". However, seeing as I read and loved the book first, I feel the movie left out some cruicial parts. I mean, IMO the parts left out of the movie are very important to the development of the novel. But overall, it was a great movie! I guess they just made their own take on the story. :)

You know, it has been so long ago since I read the book, I can't say that I noticed anything missing. However, I DID get the book back out and put it on top of the to-read pile again. Rarely does a movie ever compare equally to the book in my opinion. There is just so much one can put into a two-hour time frame after all.

Edited by sophiadawn
spelling

Off the top of my head I can think of these missing plotlines: CERN Director Kohler, the fact that Vittoria's lab partner in the movie is her adopted father in the book, the subplot involving the Hassassin, at least two fight scenes between Professor Langdon and the Hassassin, the entire beginning part of the book that takes place at CERN in Geneva.