Everyday Magic: Spells & Rituals for Modern Living

Runewriter

Runewriter - do you mean the book by Dorothy Morrison? I don't own it but I found the book previewed on Google. There are a good 30 pages or more so you can at least look at it yourself and get a sense. (Sorry if you've already done this ...)

http://books.google.ca/books?id=KDeR38MIp8cC&printsec=frontcover&dq=Everyday+Magic:+Spells+%26+Rituals+for+Modern+Living&source=gbs_summary_r&cad=0

iS THIS BOOK ANY GOOD? I ran a search but pulled up nothing.

I got this one at the same time as I got her other book 'Utterly Wicked: curses, hexes & other unsavory notions'. I must admit that I prefer the latter much more. Everyday Magic still has a few usable bits and nice ideas, but is much fluffier than the other.

I have this book. Its a bit fluff for my taste but i still kept it for reference. I would put it as a middle sort of book, either you want to keep it or not, i would say its alright to have.

• 3 years later...

I have this one somewhere. A friend recommended it to me years back as a good source for effective spells, and that she used hers constantly. I think I tried using one spell once....Don't recall if it worked. I'm tempted by the Utterly Wicked one based on the positive reviews in that book's thread, but if it's more spells I'm not sure I can use it at this point in my practice, so I'll hold off.

I have this one somewhere. A friend recommended it to me years back as a good source for effective spells, and that she used hers constantly. I think I tried using one spell once....Don't recall if it worked. I'm tempted by the Utterly Wicked one based on the positive reviews in that book's thread, but if it's more spells I'm not sure I can use it at this point in my practice, so I'll hold off.

Utterly wicked has some good ideas and a few spells in it, but I found that it didn't add much to my practice. It was a conformation of things I was already doing. It still may be worth a go.

I checked out the Everyday Magic book preview that EliseN posted above (still active after all these years!). The spell pages it previews are full of "perfect love" and lots of evoking of multiple goddesses.

And bad poetry.

If the book works for someone as a jumping off point, I guess it's got a place in a collection....but I think I'll look elsewhere.