Photo
- - - - -

Dark Moon

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Rowan's Light

Rowan's Light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:17 PM

Ok I need your feedback

After a lot of work and swearing (yes I have exhausted my extensive store of swear words on this one - well nearly!)

www.darkmoonwitchcraft.co.uk

I am still waiting for stuff (inc my coffin nails) and hope to be adding tarot etc soon.

#2 Guest_Lea_*

Guest_Lea_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:36 AM

Ok I need your feedback

After a lot of work and swearing (yes I have exhausted my extensive store of swear words on this one - well nearly!)

www.darkmoonwitchcraft.co.uk

I am still waiting for stuff (inc my coffin nails) and hope to be adding tarot etc soon.

I like the feel of it and the look also.

One thing, I looked for a place to subscribe to the newsletter and only could find where to unsubscribe.....Did I miss it??????

You can tell a lot of work went into that.....looks great! Good luck to you!

#3 Mountain Witch

Mountain Witch

Practical b/witch

• Moderators
  • 3,842 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 12:53 PM

RL, I like the overall feel of the site but ...

I'm just nitpicking here but the grammar is bothering me. For example, this paragraph on your home page isn't even a complete sentence:

Stocking items by 'Anna Riva', Powerful Indian and Seven Sisters as well as a range of herbs and resins.

I've noticed several instances of the same issue on the pages I perused. You might want to go through and check each page.

Good luck with it!

For purposes of action nothing is more useful than narrowness of thought combined with energy of will.
~ Henri Frederic Amiel

You can access my blog and get autographed copies of my books through my website

#4 Rowan's Light

Rowan's Light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:19 PM

No probs re the grammer my brain goes faster than my hands so need things pointed out. I would have picked that up looking at someones else's site.

You'll need to elaborate on the other point. Items are linked so they will show up in other places and I have been fiddling back and forth today with things.

#5 Lela

Lela

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:40 PM

Just checked out your site, and I have to say the twinkling graphics are harsh on the eyes. It's so distracting that I had a hard time perusing the stuff on your site. I would tone it way down and keep the stary theme subtle like they way it's done here on the forum. I'm definitely of the "less is more" school of thought.

Best of luck to you!!

#6 Rowan's Light

Rowan's Light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 02:16 PM

I've had some lovely pms from people and I have taken on board what you've said re grammar issues etc.

So thanks everyone.

I've been having another go on the background - I wasn't convinced myself on that score so thanks for having the balls to say it Lela.

My apologies to whomever was online when I was trying out different skins - I hope I didn't make you puke.

Edited by Rowan's Light, 26 March 2009 - 05:36 PM.

#7 Cairelle

Cairelle

GiGi Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,374 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 06:17 AM

I will be putting your link in Witchy Living's banner exchange section. :kiss:

Nice work.... and if you want some genuine New Orleans stuff, let me know.

“People don’t live in New Orleans because it is easy. They live here because they are incapable of living anywhere else in the just same way.” – Ian McNulty, A Season of Night: New Orleans Life After Katrina

#8 owlblink

owlblink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 07:40 PM

I just bought a witches brew mug !!!
I like the bits you have on the site but the piccies are a bit small and hard to see what you are looking at. Been wanting to buy this cup for ages, though xx

Do not do what you desire - do what is necessary

#9 Rowan's Light

Rowan's Light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 08:34 AM

Thanks for your order I love those mugs too!

I posted it out so it should be with you Monday. Beware I tried to make it postie proof so it may take some unwrapping.

R.e the site
Yep I still have huge load of stuff to do there.

I have an alignment problem in firefox and IE but not in google chrome which I usually use. And I can't see the problem in the CSS

And your right about the images I have resized them but I need to put them through a image handler and get them all the same size.

And the list goes on talk about a labour of love:thatsit::laugh1:

I'm waiting for some rain so I can stop working for hubby and concentrate on finishing it up.

#10 Maypole

Maypole

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 03:54 PM

Great stuff, I will be buying when I get my pay.:beerchug:

xx