Sign in to follow this  
Cairelle

Tattoos

My daughter wanted to take me for matching tattoos for Mother's Day. Something small and just between us. I thought it was soooo sweet.

My sister and her daughter have each other's names tattooed over their hearts.

I love tattoos and seen some stunning once here on this thread! 

My first tattoo was a 5hour sitting of lilies and orchids woven into a tribal on my top back. It goes from shoulder to shoulder and was suppose to be a tiny bit bigger but the tattoo artist said that it could not be done in one sitting..me being the chicken that I am, was so afraid for any possible pain that I could picture myself with half a tattoo after never daring to go back after the first time lol. I got it done when I was 28 and just decided it was time for a divorce. Eventhough I cant see it, I love it and I am happy it is there:) 

Second tattoo is an A with 3 stars on my wrist for my daughter. Its been itching for ages to get another one but I cant get it sharp in my head what and where still...maybe I should do some meditating on it!

@Roanna: Love that rose!! Looks so so cool:) Not sure I could cope with the pain of that though lol

REFRESHED THREAD

Never gone down the route of ritual / witching ink.

How do you go about ritually marking your body? Either temporarily or permenantly.

Edited by WitchVillage

Tattoos seem to come to me, or be available for me to get, during very important spiritual transitions. I have 5, and have only purchased two of them: my first one, and my second one. The following three were either gifted or negotiated for as part of ceremony. One of them was a marriage tattoo, and I've since been divorced, and have been awaiting the right moment for a coverup. That one I'm more than happy to pay full price for, if necessary. It's a matter of my having the money at the same time as being able to negotiate and plan with an artist who does the sort of work I like and if I energetically "click" with them. Because it's a coverup, I'm less concerned with spiritual clicking then I am with the more practical factors, but nevertheless, it's a bloodletting operation, and I have to at least have a positive rapport and good feelings with the person. Of course also around here you can't get a tattoo unless you know someone because of the quarantine shutdowns. When it's the right time, it'll happen. It does really bother me that I'm walking around with a name and insignia that aren't mine anymore, but, alas, I chose to put them there, and have to wait until the Powers that Be allow me to bury that all for good.

I'm extremely picky with who marks my body. If it's not the right match, my guides won't even let me move forward. As such I don't quite have the "luxury" of being able to make deals with just any artist, regardless of how talented they may be. I have 4 "shop" tattoos (two of them were gifted by a friend who works at one, who I have since fallen out with, unfortunately), all "new school" except for the marriage one that is tribal, and 1 "stick and poke." The stick and poke didn't hurt at all, despite being on a very sensitive area. It felt like a tickle.

Edited by phantasmagoria
  • Upvote 1

My first tattoo was my libra zodiac (the scales). Followed by few fairy tattoos that were either pierced or tattooed themselves. I have two celtic style wristbands (one on each wrist)that were to "mark" my marriages (one Scottish descent and one of Irish) and have since been altered to honor my children from each marriage. Both bands were added to with clovers and my children's initials within. I also have two gravestone/crosses with names to honor two people who had great impact on my life. I still need to add 2 more gravestones lest i forget.

So far, I only have two-- the first is a phoenix on my left upper arm, to symbolize me coming out to Colorado and building a new life for myself. The second is a columbine flower on my right shoulder, which is the Colorado state flower. Both are of my own design, and I have a bunch more planned.I am planning a star tattoo, I would like to get an eye of Horus, and I am also coming up with a half sleeve design, but I'm still not sure what it will consist of. I'm considering symbols of the underworld, but I am not sure if I will stick with one set of mythological symbolism or mix and match.

I have none!  My Son has a Tribal half sleeve and my Daughter in Law has a full sleeve and some leg tatts.  I would get one but I cannot think of something so special to me that I want it for the rest of my life.

Sign in to follow this