Sign in to follow this  
Cairelle

Tattoos

I would have never believed it, but tattoos ARE ADDICTING! I got my first one about 15 years ago of Thumper (Bambi's buddy) with the letters HB in script below it on my left arm above the elbow. The HB stood for "HunnyBunny", a term of endearment for wife #2...present wife hates it, understandably, wants me to get another of a snake coming over my shoulder fixing to bite off Thumper's head (Hmmmm...no love lost,there).

On my right arm above the elbow, I have a rendition of my family crest that I got a few years later (see attachment). The Latin around the border translates roughly into English as "I will protect you with strength".

Two things are postponing any new tattoos (much to wife's consternation). First, once you have tattoos, you realize that you can't just go and pick out a design on your lunch break. So, I'm still looking for the design/combination that speaks to me. Also, had a heart attack :omg2: a few years ago, and the dang blood thinners I'm on to prevent a repeat make me bleed like a horror movie extra. So I need to either radically change my health habits (a thought) or go off the meds for a week or two first. Since I'm in the quandry over the design, I figure I can work on both for a period of time.

1847_thumb.attach

I have 8 tattoos so far and I need my left shoulderblade doing. I will have to save hard for the one I want though.

For those of you who own Brian Froud's Faery Oracle, the image I want is that of " Himself ". It really jumped out at me and I am stronglydrawn to the image.

I originally wanted "Solus" as that card also stands out to me, but I am slightly allergic to red ink :cry_witch:, and do not want the itching and raised areas in a tattoo the size of the one I want ( about the size of a hand )

KW,

I know this is an old thread, but I have just recently joined the forum. I have three tats: one is a spider on my right groin, another is the BDSM symbol on my left groin (I am an alternative kind of guy), and the third is a pentacle on my left arm. The pentacle points down to my left hand as I feel a sensation of my power flowing from there even though I am right handed.

I am thinking about getting more, my stepson and his wife have many tats. His arms are completely covered and his wife has them in various areas.

Jaden

Dad0Seven, I love your wife's idea! Make the woman happy! :rofl:

For some unknown reason I have ALWAYS wanted a small (about the size of a tooney/silver dollar) blue spiral on the palm of my left hand. The spiral has many, many meanings in many cultures that appeal to me. Lots of places will not put ink on your hand (even though I'm certainly old enough by now to decide) and I imagine that it would hurt like hell too. Also I'm not all that sure that I like the look of tatoos on (uh hum) "mature" women's hands.

Most places don't tattoo hands/knuckles/fingers now because they actually wear off quite quickly over time ( compared to tats in other places ) due to you using your hands constantly and washing them ect. The skin regenerates there quickly so eventually the tattoo would become patchy and blotchy as areas of ink disspate and you'd have to get it re-touched more ( and eventually that leaves you with a blobby mess of a tattoo ) .

The palm of the hand would fade even quicker !

How about having it on your wrist instead?

Guest Ophelia

Aelwyndaeira, love the tattoos very nice.

And :welcome: to the forum

Sure do! Only one....but it's a half-sleeve on my left arm. It's a memorial to a woman named Alice Lake....she was born in England, she came to America with her husband Henry. The settled in what is now Dorchester MA...and had five children. (You can find her story online) Long story short, she was accused of being a Witch and or doing the Lucifer Limbada with ole Satan himself, due to the fact that her last child died shortly after birth...she told someone in the town, that shortly after the child died, he came to her..whether she meant in a dream or a visit..who knows? It spread around town like wildfire...and then, late one night, men burst into their house while they were sleeping, pulled Alice from her bed while she lay sleeping with Henry..dragged her to the "courthouse"...the gave her two chances to recant...she refused. She stated she was not a Witch nor danced with the devil, but due to the fact, that years before, while she and Henry baby were courting, they had sex, she got pregnant...frightened due to her "wonderful religion" (christianity) and their stupid laws, she attempted to self abort...no luck. The baby was born and was just fine. when this all happened, she felt as though it was her gods Will..him punishing her..so she allowed herself to be hanged...on June 5, 1648...I have been drawn to her ever since I read her story...years ago. so now..I carry her with me always...she hangs from a tree, under her feet, a beautiful hummingbird and large pink orchid...RIP my sweet Alice.

Edited by Ophelia

Playing with several sketches for mine. I'm still not sure I can sit through it, though, as the general idea of what I have planned is on the large side. Any more tattoos out there?

I don't have any tattoos yet, but I have 6 piercings. At least you can take piercings out if you don't like them, thats why I don't have any tattoos yet. I want to get something I won't regret - for my first one I am thinking of something to represent my love for nature - a small acorn and oak leaf on my wrist maybe.

Playing with several sketches for mine. I'm still not sure I can sit through it, though, as the general idea of what I have planned is on the large side. Any more tattoos out there?

The tat that I am in the process of getting is my first, and a very large one, too. I've been having sessions lasting 2-2 1/2 hours at a time. Your body will let you know when it's time to stop for the day. When it's completely finished, I may post pics, but it will have to be in the private area because one part of it goes down the center of my chest (impossible to photograph without being on the suggestive side). If there is a part of your design that could, if necessary, stand on it's own-start there and see how you tolerate it. I've been employing relaxation/breathing tricks that I use for meditation and it helps immensely! Good luck, V!

The tat that I am in the process of getting is my first, and a very large one, too. I've been having sessions lasting 2-2 1/2 hours at a time. Your body will let you know when it's time to stop for the day. When it's completely finished, I may post pics, but it will have to be in the private area because one part of it goes down the center of my chest (impossible to photograph without being on the suggestive side). If there is a part of your design that could, if necessary, stand on it's own-start there and see how you tolerate it. I've been employing relaxation/breathing tricks that I use for meditation and it helps immensely! Good luck, V!

Thanks, EJ; good advice for sure!

Right now I have 9 tattoos all together. I don't have pics of all of them..but I will post what I have in my profile asap. I have cherry blossoms on my left foot going up across my ankle towards my calf...I have a rose vine on my left foot in pretty much the same way as the right...the buds are not open and there are thorns. I would love to continue up and wrap it around my entire leg and up my back someday. I have a heart that is made completely of flowers with a hummingbird next to it on my lower back. I have "love" on my left inside wrist...I used to be a cutter..I got it to remind me never to cut again...which is rough. I have "breathe" on my other wrist for the same reason. I have "Angel Eyes" on the back of my neck...my husband dedicated that song by Jeff Healey Band to me the night he told me he loved me for the first time. I have a butterfly on the right side of my neck under my ear....a very hard time in my life...I have a heart in flames on my right ankle with my kids initials on it..self explanatory I think. And I have "sleep sweet" on my left outer ankle....my husband says that too me every night...it's a thing between us.

I plan on getting 3 more to make it 12. Underneath the "angel eyes" on the back of my neck..I plan to get small wings. My son's name is Timothy so I am having Timothy mouse from Dumbo drawn up holding an autism puzzle piece in his littl;e hand..I plan on getting that possibly on my shoulder. And...the rose from Beauty and the Beast is going somewhere..for my daughter (her favorite movie and what will eventually be her wedding theme).

Every tattoo means something very special to me or was gotten for a specific reason at a specific time in my life. Most of them are hidden as I don't really like huge tattoos showing everywhere..at least not on me...I am not one who would..for instance..get my arm sleeved.

I've got 14 tattoos. I started at the age of 18 when I got a rose on my ankle and the artist told me to watch out because it was addictive. I guess he was right lol. Then I made the mistake of dating a tattoo artist so that didn't help. Perhaps I will post pics of some later, and never of others!

I have a Sagittarius bow on my right shoulder. My sister and I are both Sagittarius, so I got it for that reason. This will be part of a larger tattoo mural on my back - my left shoulder will have the fire triangle, looking burnt upon my skin (my entire immediate family is composed of fire signs, also I play with balls of fire nearly every week). Between these will likely be a symmetrical protective design which is intricate, aesthetically pleasing, and adamant.

I have no tattoos and don't plan on any. They are just not quite my thing. Maybe sometime in the far future.

That being said, I am more interested in cell popping/scarificaion/branding to make permanent marks. Fits in with my sadomasochistic tendencies.

That being said, I am more interested in cell popping/scarificaion/branding to make permanent marks. Fits in with my sadomasochistic tendencies.

Sounds like you and my husband would get along well-  :wink:

I'll try to post pics of mine and my hubby's this weekend. I have 3- a ring on my left ring finger (done on our 8th year anniversary), one on my foot (roses) and one on my lower hip. The one one my lower hip screams "this is my first tattoo, girly, at least it can be hidden if I want, etc", Lol!  It's not a tramp stamp though!

My husband has 5- one on his stomach that says "bones" in Japanese (bc he was really small in high school and that was his nickname), prayer hands a la the Christian variety holding roses, both of which he got under age and this was before he renounced religion (he's an atheist depending on how look at it) and he knew his parents wouldn't get TOO mad about the prayer hands :rofl: , One on his left ring finger as well for our 8yr anniversary. My nickname in Spanish along his right side up and down  (don't worry, it's not my actual name! It's preciosa), and then the most recent is a rather sinister type "creature" holding his hands around the prayer hand, as if he's crushing it or something. 

Lol, I could have written that myself!

I have a rose on my left thigh which was done by the process of cutting the skin with a scalpel and then rubbing tattoo ink into the cutting. So kind of a mixture of scarification and tattooing. It was done by my husband over five sessions and has kept the sharpness and definition better than most "normal" tattoos.

(ink looks a bit smudgy in second pic but this was taken just afterwards, no smudging in final result)

1170053.jpg

3629679.jpg

• Upvote 1

These are two pics of the most recent one- "crushing", "encompassing", etc. the prayer hands/Amen. The prayer hands are the ones I mentioned earlier that he got underage. Both pics were taken right after tattoo.

2e6da39.jpg

11lk30g.jpg

The one on my foot. :smile:  I love this one. I've had it for over 12 years. 

2lucuc6.jpg

Ironically this is the one that says "bones" in Japanese lettering  :laugh: The tattoo on his left arm is the prayer hands prior to the tattoo above. I still have to find a pic (or just take one) of my hubby's side tattoo

o55pib.jpg

I want my next one to be something spiritually and/or symbolically related to the craft. I just have to wait until one really resonates with me. In due time...

I've got a blue japanese style dragon, flying though snowstorm on my back (got that at age 22), inside that is the kanji for "honour"(I was 15 when I got that), and a tribal tattoo with the aegis hjalmur inside it on my left bicep (age 16). The next tattoo will have to wait till my business grows.

Black Flag bars on my right shoulder, smithing hammer and double wrench on my left shoulder, red and black star on my left breast, the triangular element symbols on my right breast and an ankh on my solar plexus.

I am planning on getting a tattoo. One of an image that perfectly captures my interests and passions. All of the little symbols in it are somehow linked to my craft.

I'm 55 years old, spent 24 years in the Navy, and frankly, have never had the urge to get a tattoo. The thought did cross my mind briefly when I got into Wicca - getting something to do with the triple goddess or something. I'm glad I didn't get it now. Maybe if I stick to the path I'm on now, in a few years I might get something to do with my beliefs/craft. Never say never.

Guest monsnoleedra

I'm 55 years old, spent 24 years in the Navy, and frankly, have never had the urge to get a tattoo. The thought did cross my mind briefly when I got into Wicca - getting something to do with the triple goddess or something. I'm glad I didn't get it now. Maybe if I stick to the path I'm on now, in a few years I might get something to do with my beliefs/craft. Never say never.

Spent 23 years in the Navy myself and never considered getting one. Now I am considering getting one pertaining to Hekate that I designed but so far keep getting side tracked from getting it.

Sign in to follow this