Sign in to follow this  
Cairelle

Tattoos

I plan to get some henna (or jagua) and mess around with that until I know what I want.

Grym, depending on how dark/fair skinned you are and the chemical composition of your skin, the henna may not take. I've had four or five different henna artists try to paint me over the years. I'm so dark skinned that the design doesn't show unless you squint at it and what IS there washes off the next time I wash my hands or shower (depending on where they put it). That's with the "real" stuff (looks orange). Everyone has steered me away from the "henna" that looks dark brown/black. It apparently has some nasty chemicals in it to turn it dark.

I like looking at your tattoos everyone. I do not have any but have been tossing the idea around. Just something small and out of the way. Husband would FREAK but I don't care. I have told him before that I must have missed the memo saying he was my father and could tell me what I can and cannot do. LOL

So, what part of the body hurts the least to get tattooed??

I can only speak personally... but have tattoos on my wrist, the back of my neck, my upper back and my lower back. I'd say my lower back hurt the least.:banana:

Grym, depending on how dark/fair skinned you are and the chemical composition of your skin, the henna may not take. I've had four or five different henna artists try to paint me over the years. I'm so dark skinned that the design doesn't show unless you squint at it and what IS there washes off the next time I wash my hands or shower (depending on where they put it). That's with the "real" stuff (looks orange). Everyone has steered me away from the "henna" that looks dark brown/black. It apparently has some nasty chemicals in it to turn it dark.

MW, I'm pretty fair skinned actually. I know about the henna you're talking about, that's nasty stuff! Regular henna should be a dark reddish-brown, right?.

Then there's "jagua", but I don't know much about that stuff.

And of course a ball point pen always works in a pinch, lol

And of course a ball point pen always works in a pinch, lol

THAT washes off me in the next shower, too! When I was a kid, it was a good thing - I'd wash all my writing off my hands before Mom saw it. Guess I'm temporary tattoo-challenged and hate needles of any kind so no permanent ones, either.

I got a henna tattoo once. It stayed dark for almost two weeks and finally faded completely away by the end of the third week. I have dark hair but have fair complexion.

Lovely tattoos!

This one is mine. It's in my lower back.

When I had it done I was going through a bad time in my life. It represents (inner) strength, eternity, courage.

AnjelWolf, I also hate needles and thought it would hurt terribly. Someone I knew that had a tattoo done in the same body area told me it was worse than having a child.

It didn't hurt at all. Waxing my legs is far more painful than having my tattoo done. That was my experience.

Edited by Anya

^Worse than childbirth??? What kind of birth did she have!??

That's a lovely tattoo by the way, very nice! :D

Last night i sat down and sketched all the tattoo's and components I wanted done.....I'm going to be tattooed all over my back if i get them all done! :D

I have no idea what kind of childbirth she had. lol

As for tattoos, I look forward to have more done. I just need to find the write drawing, that speaks to me. I'll know when I see it. That's what happened with the dragon one. :stirring:

Edited by Anya

^exactly, I'm REALLY damn picky about how things are going to look if i'm going to look at the damn things forever, i'm going to be one of those bitchy tattoo customers - show me all your stuff, tell me how you'll colour it? NO No improv to this design, GET IT RIGHT.....LOL :D

I need to have mine recoloured as it's 13 years old. I was playing with the idea of another but now I think I'll expand the original. Ideally right before my sisters (i now know what bridezilla means)wedding:cheers:

I'll try and get a pic while I'm away. My shoulders dont get out much up here atm !

^exactly, I'm REALLY damn picky about how things are going to look if i'm going to look at the damn things forever, i'm going to be one of those bitchy tattoo customers - show me all your stuff, tell me how you'll colour it? NO No improv to this design, GET IT RIGHT.....LOL :D

Haha, you have every right to be "bitchy" about it. That tattoo is gonna be on your body permanently so it should be absolutely beautiful and should be exactly how you want it to be. As an artist, I LOVE tattoos on other people, but I also love my skin and wouldn't want to mark it up. I would only make an exception for a small tattoo that really meant something to me. I mean, really REALLY meant something. Something I know that I wouldn't change my mind about say, 15 years down the road. I have thought about getting a simple, small black cat design because I have loved felines my whole life and I really connect with them, also, I don't think I would ever regret a nice little cat tattoo when I'm 50 years old.

....Something I know that I wouldn't change my mind about say, 15 years down the road. I have thought about getting a simple, small black cat design because I have loved felines my whole life and I really connect with them, also, I don't think I would ever regret a nice little cat tattoo when I'm 50 years old.

Oh man, you know how to make one feel "old". I am going to be 48 on my birthday and am thinking about considering a tattoo...it would be the first. I only hope I wouldnt regret it when I turn 50!!

ROFLOL!!!

:roflhard:

Oh man, you know how to make one feel "old". I am going to be 48 on my birthday and am thinking about considering a tattoo...it would be the first. I only hope I wouldnt regret it when I turn 50!!

ROFLOL!!!

:roflhard:

Oh, sorry! :red_witch: I was really just talking about myself. I'm going to be 21 soon and i just basically meant that when you're young and stupid (like most 16-26 year olds), you usually make stupid decisions. like getting a tattoo of a cherry on your left butt-cheek and then deeply regretting it later. I can't tell you how many stories I hear from my parent's friends about how they got the dumbest tattoo when they were in their teens and now they absolutely hate it.

Don't feel bad about being "old"! You're full of WISDOM and EXPERIENCE! :roflhard:

Oh..never fear, I am not really insulted or feeling bad. I just thought it was funny. You are right about one thing, we often do look back on our youth and wish we had made different choices.

Oh, sorry! :red_witch: I was really just talking about myself. I'm going to be 21 soon and i just basically meant that when you're young and stupid (like most 16-26 year olds), you usually make stupid decisions. like getting a tattoo of a cherry on your left butt-cheek and then deeply regretting it later. I can't tell you how many stories I hear from my parent's friends about how they got the dumbest tattoo when they were in their teens and now they absolutely hate it.

Don't feel bad about being "old"! You're full of WISDOM and EXPERIENCE! :roflhard:

Now I feel mature. :happydance:

Hey i'm 26 and I don't think i'm young or stupid! :D hehehe just joking but I know what you mean, that's why i've been thinking about and designing my tattoo's since I was 18, If it's going on my body forever then I'll be damned if it's not going to be exactly what I want and PERFECT! :D

Anya - I love that design!

I don't age should be a factor in choosing to tattoo. I know many people who got their first tattoos at age 50 and are now addicted to them!

Edited by ElizabethNicks
tmi!

Designed myself. Everything in it means something to me and is there for a reason. Only got the one so far, but do want another at some point (don't know what yet).

RecentZoomOut.jpg

RecentZoomIn.jpg

Makes the pissed fairy i have on my upper arm look like the work of a drunk tattoist. Actually come to think of it he probably was:rofl:

Here is a look of my first Tattoo, it is a Pictish Iconographic carving from Scotland and while the meaning of the symbol has been all but lost I have proscribed my own personal meaning towards it. It is situated on the back of my neck. I have a second tattoo on the inner part of my forearm which is of another Pictish Carving (The "Z" Rod with Snake) I absolutly love them and will cherish them as sacred marks forever.

Image Below is the tattoo on my neck.

picture.php?albumid=118&pictureid=1075

Love the Tattoo Grimr. Must have bloody hurt on your neck though.

Makes the pissed fairy i have on my upper arm look like the work of a drunk tattoist. Actually come to think of it he probably was:rofl:

PMSL. You do make me smile Dawn.

Well love if its going to go wrong it will go wrong on my watch ;)

They are all so nice!

I've got 10 at the moment and can't wait for the next one to commemorate my commencement *L* Hopefully I'll have some good photos to share of them all soon!

Cheers,

Maz

Edited by Mazikeen
tacked on to the end of wrong post

Guest Salem
My discussion with Scott on another thread got me to wondering about everyone else on here: Do you have tattoos? If so, where, what are they, and what do they represent to you, if anything?

I got my first tattoo very thoughtlessly. I was getting ready to be married to husband number two (heretofore known as Exhole) and during one partying kinda night we decided to get tattoos. He got a grim reaper to cover up his first wife's name, and I stupidly decided to get a heart on my right buttcheek with his name on the inside of the heart.

Fast-forward 12 or 13 years... Exhole and I are divorced and Kirk and I are back together again. I had grown so much as a person, having been to hell and back with Exhole, and I decided that I no longer wanted his name on my body. I went to see a tattooist here in New Orleans and explained that I wanted a cover up, and why... but was unsure as to how to choose what to get. I had been thinking of a butterfly or a spider. He talked with me for a few minutes, then told me to come back in a couple of hours and he'd have a drawing for me. When I came back he'd drawn the sweetest snake!! He told me that, after talking to me, he visualized a snake shedding old skin, and he thought I needed a bright one with personality. I loved her immediately and let him do his thing. She represents to me my coming of age and my realization of who I am as a woman.

I have plans for more tatts. I want a tiny fleur-de-lis on my left inner wrist. I want a blue crescent moon on my upper back/shoulder... something intricate and girly. I also want something symbolic of my family, but I haven't come up with anything yet. It will take some time...

SO... tell me about whatcha got!! (I'm going to look for a pic of Ms. Snake so I can show you.)

Yer hun Ive got 5 so far, want more tho, I have on my left lower arm, "England euro 96", on my upper left arm a tribal style tatt, on my lower back a large tat of a lil girl with my daughter maisy & her date of birth underneath, on my upper right shoulder is a cartoon style pic of the devil & my dads memorial tat on my upper right arm, but like I say, I want more including a pentagram on the nape or lower part of my neck. x

Sign in to follow this