Sign in to follow this  
Cairelle

Tattoos

LMAO! It's been my nursing experience that it's always the tough guys like you that go faint at the sight of a needle. Makes me point and laugh every single time. Bwahahaha!

When I was having my lower back done (during a 3 -hour sitting) many people came and went for their tatts on the couch opposite. I was amazed to see a big, strong guy come in for a celtic style shoulder tatt.. the guy only got about 5 minutes into it and then said he needed to go outside and throw up. He came back in again and then passed out again a few minutes later. His wife was outraged.. she kept saying "Pull yourself together..." but he was white, shaking and said he couldn't cope with it.

I rather like the pain myself (in a strange, weird kind of way) :evil: :D

Nice tatt!! Been a biker for past 30 years but still don't have any tatts. When I was a little kid it took two nurses and a doctor to give me a shot. Kinda have this thing about needles.

I'm with you on the needles. Have to go in next month for a minor cyst removal (wrist) and panicked when they said I'd have to have an iv. :scared: But they insist I be loopy for the procedure.

No tats for me, either.

I rather like the pain myself (in a strange, weird kind of way) :evil: :D

hehehhe im with you on that one. I find it really quite realxing....:scared::embarrased: and somewhat addictive bwaahahahaha! I like the thought that im wearing living art ^^

hehehhe im with you on that one. I find it really quite realxing....:scared::embarrased: and somewhat addictive bwaahahahaha! I like the thought that im wearing living art ^^

Yes.. I like that too.. living, personal, meaningful art... :D

Yes.. I like that too.. living, personal, meaningful art... :D

Did you hear about the millionaire in England who has paid a man over a million dollars to get a tattoo on his back, and when he dies the tattoo will be cut off his back and given to the millionaire as art work?

I really like the fact that With every tattoo i get there is a story i can tell my children and then their children when they get older. ^^

I rather like the pain myself (in a strange, weird kind of way) :evil: :D Very true, indeed!! The pain is almost addicting!!

Did you hear about the millionaire in England who has paid a man over a million dollars to get a tattoo on his back, and when he dies the tattoo will be cut off his back and given to the millionaire as art work?

I really like the fact that With every tattoo i get there is a story i can tell my children and then their children when they get older. ^^

NO!!!!! I have never heard that story.. i shall have to google it! Euwwww :cuckoo:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runewriter viewpost.gif

Nice tatt!! Been a biker for past 30 years but still don't have any tatts. When I was a little kid it took two nurses and a doctor to give me a shot. Kinda have this thing about needles.

"LMAO! It's been my nursing experience that it's always the tough guys like you that go faint at the sight of a needle. Makes me point and laugh every single time. Bwahahaha! " Kitchen Witch"

Kitchen, I have outgrown that except for getting tatts. One of the local parlors calls me when they want suspension pics and such done. Now if the nurses back then had looked like you instead of looking like escapees from a horror movie it probably would have been an entirely different story.LOL.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runewriter viewpost.gif

"LMAO! It's been my nursing experience that it's always the tough guys like you that go faint at the sight of a needle. Makes me point and laugh every single time. Bwahahaha! " Kitchen Witch"

Kitchen, I have outgrown that except for getting tatts. One of the local parlors calls me when they want suspension pics and such done. Now if the nurses back then had looked like you instead of looking like escapees from a horror movie it probably would have been an entirely different story.LOL.

I dunno, dude... I looked pretty freakin' rough after a 12 night shift, LOL! :scared:

LMAO... They're not too terribly bad, Anjel!! The area gets numb pretty quick and from then on out it's just a really warm sensation... although I did have to take a break while I was having the snake outlined, lol... PHEW!!

I personally don't mind the discomfort of it... it's part of the process... but I handle pain pretty well too

Mine did not go numb at all and took 2 x 1 1/2 hr sessions. Apparently my hide is like leather. toughest skin the artist had done apparently. Still not too bad. Love it. Its a blue and purple tiger head with green eyes, just above my left buttock. About the size of my hand. I was 20yrs old.

Hello Everyone!

Excellent thread..I Love Tattoos!

Thank you for sharing all your photos

I Will get some taken ..of mine..and share with you..

Hi to all the bikers as well!

I am 19 years a biker..but sans wheels at present...I wrote off a lovely fzr400rr a few years ago and my resources have not streched to new machine just yet

I broke a rib and collarbone in the accident...Killed a van (LOL!)

and shredded all my leathers boots lid etc.....

an expensive adventure!

regarding Ink....

I was very lucky to meet Jim Silles in London in the early '90s...

He Is shit hot!

so I have Lillith over my heart,with beautiful "death" wings and magic mist coming from her feet...my only regret is it could be bigger.

On my right arm...is Mananaan Mac Lir....the Sea god.....as a Merrow...

It was from Jims Private collection.....At the time I was the Third person that He inked it for...

Last year...as mentioned in another thread..

I Designed Myself the Baphomet..which resides on most of my left arm....If Only I was good enough to be a tat artist myself!...it certainly appeals to me.

I am planning my next addition....but of course..again...Ink is not cheap!

I See some of you mentioned how addictive it Is!

I totally agree!.....If I Could Get tattood once a month...I Would Be in Heaven!

Not That I Like Pain or anything!..LOL!

Just It has a certain Je Ne sais Quoi!

I apologise that I dont have photos right now!...I Will get them asap for you....

Not Very photogenic ..me!...LOL!

FFFF:spook:

Oh yay! A tattoo thread! I have 3. First one I got was right after I turned 18 & was all rebellin & stuff. Very thoughtless, except that I knew I wanted a crescent moon. I went to the tattoo shop & just told the guy I wanted a "crescent moon man...a pissed off crescent moon man!" And, Lurch I believe was his name, gave me the last tattoo of the night, freehand, on the back of my left shoulder. And I loved it! Still do. Next, I got a different style of crescent moon on my ankle...it's all nice & swirly teal & purple colors....drew it myself....love it too. Always did love the moon. Last year I got the lower back tattoo of 3 interlinking hearts in red & purple. That one I got just cause I've always wanted a tat down there & really loved this design...no significant meaning to it other than I like how it looks on me. One thing though, that one hurt like hell! OH EM GEE the outline part hurt sooooooo much...but I totally love it. :) I'll get the hubs to take some pics of the actual tattoos to post. For now, here's the stencil of the lower back heart one :) heart_designcopy.jpg

Edited by Luna
Correct a typo & add a picture

I still need to post some of my other tatts. Keep forgetting. I do have 2 more that I would done this year. One is 3 crescent moons together and then a celtic one also. Think I'll get them done in just plain black under my other crescent on my upper arm. See if they can maybe blend them in somehow.

Went to the sydney tattoo and body art festival yesterday.......was a lot smaller than i was expecting but both hubby and i left with the biggest itch to get inked!!!!!! I can't wait to get mine done :D

There are a couple other tattoos I'd like to get, just trying to be really really sure of what & where. :)

I've never had one, and was never sure of a design that I'd be permanently happy with, and then a few weeks ago it hit me - the sign for cancer, since I'm cancerian.

I think it's one of the cooler looking zodiac symbols, it's similar to yin/yang as well, or looks a bit like a sexual motif as well (69, heh heh) and well, hell, I can never change my mind - I'll always be a cancerian!

Now the question is where to get it put.

I wonder if any guy has ever tattooed his nutsack.. ouch! lol

I've never had one, and was never sure of a design that I'd be permanently happy with, and then a few weeks ago it hit me - the sign for cancer, since I'm cancerian.

I think it's one of the cooler looking zodiac symbols, it's similar to yin/yang as well, or looks a bit like a sexual motif as well (69, heh heh) and well, hell, I can never change my mind - I'll always be a cancerian!

Now the question is where to get it put.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rofl:

Yes, in fact they have. As a nurse I've probably seen every possible body placement for piercings and tattoos, LOL!

As to YOUR possible tattoo... yes, you are a Cancer, but remember too that you're a father. That is something else that will never change. :D Sandy's got beautiful tattoos that incorporate her sons' names. Take a look. They're in this thread if I'm not mistaken.

Heres mine again. My son's names are written in a spikey font one under each other wrapped around my arm. Nobody knows what it says until I say look carefully and make out the letters.. then they are OMG I thought it was just a tribal band LOL.. perfect!

sandy-tattoos.jpg

Sandy your tatoo's are beautiful! I love the one at the base of your spine!

I have one on the back of my neck, it kinda represents the moon, me and the spiral of life, kind of like a )o( with a spiral downwards. Was 18th bday pressie from my pa. I would love some flowers going up from feet, and some stars dotted around my shoulders.

Sandy, your tattoos are AWESOME! :D KitchenWitch's snake is totally pretty too! I should really go through this whole thread & check out all the pics. Love to look at tattoos. :)

I have hardly any pictures at all of my tattoos... but here's the one that's on my back, from shoulder blade to shoulder blade.

1573_thumb.attach

I like looking at your tattoos everyone. I do not have any but have been tossing the idea around. Just something small and out of the way. Husband would FREAK but I don't care. I have told him before that I must have missed the memo saying he was my father and could tell me what I can and cannot do. LOL

So, what part of the body hurts the least to get tattooed??

Where ever there are the least nerve cells, or, the highest percentage of body fat, I would guess - like, the shoulder or upper arm, forearm, dunno what else for sure.

The funny thing is, I used to be very anti-tattoo - at least, for myself. Guess I mellowed out some with age; now the wife looks at me cockeyed and says "YOU were always the one who hated 'em, I would've got one otherwise!" lol

Ah well, people change. Maybe we can both get one.

I'm not into names though, I like symbols. I was thinking, in addition to the cancer sign, maybe a self made bind rune, being the rune-head that I am.

I plan to get some henna (or jagua) and mess around with that until I know what I want.

Sandy, are those fairy wings on your upper back? They're neat, and very colorful.

Sign in to follow this