Sign in to follow this  
Cairelle

Tattoos

Ooooo December I absolutely love that!!! I love tattoos, the artwork and the designs that people can come up with, I'm so jealous of people that can draw. I've got the imagination, but zero talent lol.

I have 4 with hopefully more on the way.

A very beautiful rose on my left butt cheek, I love flowers of all kinds, but I didn't want my Dad to see it at the time, even though I was 18 and old enough to get them if I wanted I still didn't want him to see lol.

The second one is the Chinese symbol for Lust on my left calf. Started out as a joke when I was younger, I had a VERY steady boyfriend and I didn't want anybody else, but was constantly getting hit on, even in front of him. He would laugh and say it was because I was so very Lustful, that was the way he would say it, you could actually hear the capital 'L'. Since, to me, laughter is one of the best medicines out there and I always like a good one, I got it to have a good memory chuckle whenever I look at it. 15 years later it still makes me smile when I look at it.

The next one is on my right shoulder and was supposed to be 2 dolphins chasing eachother around a yin yang, but the artist sucked and it ended up looking like total shit, really pissed me off too because with a better artist it would've been beautiful, but I had it covered up with the theater masks with tribal behind them. Still think I might get the 2 dolphins again this time with a better artist. I got it A) because I love dolphins and the dolphins represented mans constant chase around good and evil and B) for the yin yang to represent that I had chosen good over evil. Little silly now I know, since then I've just learned that everything needs a balance but at the time it had a really deep meaning to me.

Last but not least I have a dolphin on my right upper thigh, I just love dolphins but now it's been so long it needs to be redone and is looking kinda sad.

I don't have any pics of them yet, but I'll put some up as soon as I do.

I have a couple of punk rock tattoos from the very early 80's and a 1990 Mayan Stele and a Toltec Quetzalcoatl across my collarbones and my current BF is buds with an ARTIST and I now have nearly done sleeves. On one Arm I have Amata erasu (Japanese Shinto Goddess of the Sun) and Hsi Wang Mu (Chinese Taoist Goddess) on one arm and some Ciro Marchetti artwork on the other.

Here is some of it.

1194_thumb.attach

1195_thumb.attach

Bean sprite , I think the gang one is a lotus which normally means all enlightenment comes from suffering {even beautiful things grow out of the ***}

Not sure what the chinese figure means.

Guest Rebie
I have two so far. One is a purple crystal ball on my middle back, and the second I just had done in June while I was on vacation (my brother's tattooist did it for me, he's awesome!) It's a copy of the pentacle Dave bought me for my birthday, it's a five pointed flower. The necklace has tiny flowers around the edges, but I felt it would have been too intricate and busy to have that in the tattoo, so the guy came up with a thorn design which fits the design very well and I can have it expanded on later if I want to.

I like your Tattoo. IT is something Like that , that I am considering.

Rebie

Just read through this thread

It's lovely to see loads of women with tattoos, I got mine done when I was 19 which was a long time ago

My tattoo is of the Goddess Diana, the colours are old celtic colours and designs, She has an athame strapped to her leg and has angelic wings, I also had her hold a waning moon, I particularly like that time of the month and the dark moon time ( I was born just before a solar eclipse)

It took me a long time to get the design right, the tattooist was a french punk who was adorable (lovely memories :D)

The tat took 3 hours to do; I only ever wanted one tat, but it had to be a big one

Sorry about the piccie; I'll have to scan some old photos as there were no digital cameras when I got this tat done

MeandTat2007.jpg

IMG%5D

Guest Bean Sprite

The lotus sybolism is correct. The caracature was my gang name. I only keep the tat, because the sybolism rings true.

Guest Tiger Lady

Everyone's is so pretty and I'm definitely envious. I really like Arabi's. I've never seen anyone with a bat tat. That is truely unique. I used to work with bats. I love 'em.

I haven't gotten mine yet but its been picked out for 3 years now. I went last summer to get it done and my friend insisted on a certain someone. They couldn't see me that weekend and since I had to drive 2 hours to get there... it hasn't been done. I think its a fairly simple design and I don't understand why she was so insistant on it being this certain person. Its the symbol for the Celtic Tree of Knowledge. At one point I wanted it to be a triquetra since the Mind, body, and Soul mantra is important to me but since I wear it around my neck it would be silly to have it as a tat as well. When I saw the Tree of Knowledge symbol I just knew I wanted it. I also want a triple cat symbol I found last winter - just don't know where to stick it. I really need to get back to trying to get it done.

1209_thumb.attach

1210_thumb.attach

Everyone's is so pretty and I'm definitely envious. I really like Arabi's. I've never seen anyone with a bat tat. That is truely unique. I used to work with bats. I love 'em.

quote]

Thank you TL. Yeah, I guess it is pretty unique. I just love bats and at the time it was the perfect symbol for what was going on in my life. The bat was copied out of a biology type textbook. It was my idea to use bat skeleton wings for the girdle, not very "girly" but who cares!

Guest Tiger Lady

I can see the symbolism and why you chose it. My grandmother died on halloween 1979. Every year on that date a bat, just one, would fly into our house - which had been her house before she died. We (I should say my dad) always made sure to capture it and release it without hurting it.

I brought the topic back up to my husband tonight about my tats. He said, "You still want to get it? You should." He also thinks the cat tat would be neat on my ankle. So hopefully by November I'll have my first and I'll post pics here first thing.

I can see the symbolism and why you chose it. My grandmother died on halloween 1979. Every year on that date a bat, just one, would fly into our house - which had been her house before she died. We (I should say my dad) always made sure to capture it and release it without hurting it.

I brought the topic back up to my husband tonight about my tats. He said, "You still want to get it? You should." He also thinks the cat tat would be neat on my ankle. So hopefully by November I'll have my first and I'll post pics here first thing.

Wow, that is so cool about your grandmother.

You are also the first one who has understood the symbolism behind the bat and why I chose it.:thumbsup:

Funny that you're getting a cat on your ankle. Be warned, mine started out as a black cat and we just kept going with it, LOL. Adding the cauldron, then the broom, until we all looked at it and said, "Damn, all it needs now is a full moon to finish it." Tats are so adddictive, its a good thing they're expensive. Keeps me inline, hehe.

Looking forward to seeing the pics of your tats when you get them!!

Guest Rebie

Wow, that is really nice

Rebie

Guest Rebie

One day I will finally get my Tattoo. I am thinking around christmas time this year. I never got one before because I was either home with parents who forbid it, or a husband who would have killed me. Then when I left that husband and was on my own, I was too broke. Had kids to feed. Now I am 40 years old and I still want it. So dang it, I am getting it. I have mine all picked out. It is a symbol on a talisman a friend made for me. I will try to somehow show you guys.

Rebie

I wonder if while looking for your tats anyone has spotted any decent Bast tats? I want to get one done to remember my witchy pal that passed over. Thanks

Guest panther

I have a tattoo of a panther on my lower back. I had it done several years ago when I was a very different person. I was searching for things to fill the void in my life and trying to fit in with those around me. I didnt want just any tatoo though so had problems finding one I did want.

Just as I thought I wasnt going to find the right one I started to see a panther through dreams/meditations etc... I felt a deep bond with it instantaneously and knew I would have that as my tattoo.

Fast forward a few years, its there, its meaning is still there but I am a very different woman now and I regret having had it done but I am stuck with it for life. I still like tattoos but just not for me.

Wow everyone has wonderful tattoos and tattoo ideas, they're really lovely!

I have an idea for my tattoo and it's just the matter of getting the money together to do it, lol. I've been thinking about my first tattoo for years because i really wanted to get something that represented who i am and not just a phase because it's going on my body forever! So i've narrowed it down and this is the idea i'm going with :

blacktattooidea.jpg

ooh sorry about the size i'm new and still working this all out, let me know if it's too big and you want me to delete it, i'm happy to.

The outer design is (quite geekly enough) from a PS2 game called Primal. It's about a girl who was basically taken to the demon realms when she was a baby so she's a half breed who when she's given some mojo can turn into the different demons of different realms - basically she's there to re-balance the universe between order and chaos because the god of chaos is upsetting the balance (doing his job anyway!) I love the game to bits and i love the ideas in them and she has the ring tattooed on her back and it glows different colours when she's in her demon form. I just love the design and its the first PS2 game i ever got and i still play it over and over, even though i've finished it a million times :D and the pentagram....well i don't think i need to explain why i think that suits me hehehehe

Guest Bansheekisses

I have a black rose with vining. I designed it for a bunch of use. There were 3 of us that were really close growing up. My best friend, a mutual friend and then me. On my best friends 18th bday, we were all going to get this tattooed on our leg, just above the ankle.

My best friend died November of her 16th year. I ened up getting the tat, but instead of it being just skin colored, I had it grey washed to be almost black in color. It is my way of commemorating her life, our friendship and the person I had become BECAUSE of her.

Tats.jpg

This is the only picture I have of it at this time, though I will take a NON black and white photo of it and post it soon ( or at least link to it.)

i have a water nymph on the top of my right arm. It was done purely out of rebellion, plus i was as pissed as a fart on beer which i was drinking with a bunch of bikers. Not one of my finer moments but i would never get it removed as it is a marker of thoes times.:buddies:

From the age of 17 I knew what my first tatt would be and where. Its the head of a unicorn and its on my left breast. I eventually got this at 25. My other tatt is an arm band. The band itself is a unique design, taken from part of an armband design, with the tattooist finishing it off. In the centre is a rune, which means 'helm of empowerment'. It spoke to me because of self esteem issues. This is on my left upper arm.

I do want to get another. What and where hasn't revealed itself to me yet.

Lets not get started on piercings!!!

My first tattoo went onto my lower back and is a Hindu style henna shape that goes from one hip to the other. In the centre (disguised) are my Dad's initials - I got this tattoo after my Dad passed to Spirit. Then, on my upper back from the base of my neck, across my shoulder blades and down to the centre of my back, is a Hindu design that I drew myself and in the centre is the symbol of 'OM'.

On the back of my neck, is an intricate pentagram ... and then around my left wrist is an Indian/Hindu style bracelet and underneath my wrist are my childrens initials in Theban.

I would love more.. have always wanted peacock feathers around my waist.. but that will be a lot of money! So not yet, if ever!

Oh I just love tats!! Each one does tell its own story-and I think of them for months before the picture is clear in my head of what I want-then I have to sit and transfer the thought to my tat guys hand-a labour of love. Here they are

1489_thumb.attach

1490_thumb.attach

1491_thumb.attach

1492_thumb.attach

I have one tattoo, on my foot (boy did that hurt the first time) and it represents something my sister had drawn for me. It has my great aunts initials on the top of the symbol, its almost an s shape with a whiimscial heart on the top and her initals inside. I have to have it touched up so no pictures yet lol.

I recently got this Photo done ( WOOT) so heres the two pics of my two tatts.

The First one i want to get a touch up and add two stars on either side in uv ink... mainly cos its too hard to hide them for when i go to work ( plus i go to a lot of club and pubs and doofs with uv and its soo soo trippy !!!!.)

The second one is my pride and joy...its not finished...i need to get it shaded and extended a bit...I plan on having ( depending on how many kids we have after Rowan) feathers with my childs initials falling from it. For me it means my escape from a life that would have eventually left me dead...but i found my freedom and wings and now no one can hurt me...somedays i swear i can feel them flapping.

I am also getting on my right thigh a tattoo of ripped open skin to reveal circuitry and cables. And on My left thigh i want a giant gothic cross entwined with a guitar and a gun.

1512_thumb.attach

1513_thumb.attach

Wow!! You all sure have some awesome tats!! I have 8 of them myself and plan on getting more (they're addicting as hell)!

Nice tatt!! Been a biker for past 30 years but still don't have any tatts. When I was a little kid it took two nurses and a doctor to give me a shot. Kinda have this thing about needles.

Nice tatt!! Been a biker for past 30 years but still don't have any tatts. When I was a little kid it took two nurses and a doctor to give me a shot. Kinda have this thing about needles.

LMAO! It's been my nursing experience that it's always the tough guys like you that go faint at the sight of a needle. Makes me point and laugh every single time. Bwahahaha!

Sign in to follow this