Sign in to follow this  
Cairelle

Tattoos

Guest s25

No tattoos for me yet! I want to get one once I get my blackbelt (on the wrist of my right hand) Also when I am a bit older (want to be more sure as this is a biggie!) I wish to get something like armour done over my shoulders, Have it look battle worn and get the inks protected before hand....

Really love seeing the pics of the tattoos guys :)

I've got the outline of a starfish on my left upper back, kind of on my shoulder blade or just above it. I have a couple of pictures of it but I'm not computer savvy enough to start to comprehend how to put it here yet. The tattoo isn't very good. I mean I like it and all but I'd like to have it spruced up somehow..The artist who did it didn't have the best reputation in town either...But I still like it anyway..it's mine..

I don't know what prompted me to get it. I was 20 and living on my own for the first time (renting a room in a house full of girls! F*ck will I never do that again!!!:p ) My old roommate had recently gotten a tattoo and I had always wanted one. Custom is expensive and money was an issue so that was one of the reasons I got my tattoo where I did. I knew I wanted something marine related (I've felt connected to water all my life) but I didn't want a dolphin or seahorse. I wanted something real and not necessarily seen everywhere else....so the friend with the new tattoo and I went to a bookstore and bought a dictionary of marine life (which we returned after getting a trace copy of the chosen picture) and I chose the starfish.

To be honest it hurts at first, but the kicker is the sound of the tattooing gun. I remember being scared of the sound of the gun. It was so loud I felt it was going to hurt. It really didn't hurt that bad, it was the anticipation of the pain which made the inital tattooing painful...and the pain to me was worth it..almost like a rite of passage somehow. You grit your teeth or growl (I growl too!!) or whatever and then you have this wonderful piece of artwork to show for it. I like the idea of commerating a time in your life by getting a tat as well. I plan to do this after I have my children. The design is forever changing in my head. I like tribal though, there's that ancient feel.

If you want it, just go for it...tell the tattoo artist about your thing with needles and make him sign a liability waiver or something. :patsch:

Jaime:lolol:

oooooooooooooh just seen this thread , oh goody tattoo talking, i [ and hubby] loooooooooooooooooove tattoos.

Hubby is covered, well from neck to waist, not face, not beneath waist, but,,,,,,,,, wants some on legs eventually, when time / money will prevail,lol.

Me, i have sun with face in on left upper arm, and cresent moon with face on right upper arm. At moment designing for before christmas to get done, some vines and roses to go on one arm and a tree on the other. inbetween celtic/ goth design type. Also having not long had my fourth child[ waited till had completed my family, children] am having there names in old english gothic style script writing on my wrists. Also getting a celtic knot design on the back of my neck. Now my sun moon vines, roses tree will be are in colour, the script writing and knot will be black work.

My first i got at 22 then next at 24 !!!! been a break of 11 years, waiting deciding on the others. Mind you decided while back if money and the time was there would have had ageeeeeeeeees ago,lol

I JUST LOOVE TATTOOS something symbolic spiritual to me. true art. expression, part of you .

Some of the other replies were fab great tatts. way to go to tatts xxx

:flirt:I have a tat that means a lot to me... on my lower back, a butterfly (transformation) and the body of the butterfly is the venus symbol which has several very symbolic meanings for me. Took me seven years to get up the nerve - lol. The butterfly is the blue colour of my birth stone. Depending on what I'm, uh, doing, and where the other person, uh, is doing it, the butterfly moves like it's flying ;). I'd attach a pic, but have no idea how to do it!!!

I have a black panther that is clawing up the lower side of my hip and "dangerous passion" in Chinese one character on each side of the panther. It's as big as my hand. Kept laughing because it tickled. I got it with the guy I lost my virginity to. Some of the best three months of my life, then I got shipped to Okinawa.

Good times, Good times...

Guest Kathrina

No tattoos.... I'm such a wussy! :shock:

If I were to get one, it would probably be my daughter's handprint.

come on attach those pics, we want to see .. just use the little paperclip icon when you post and browse for your piccies and upload them :)

I only have one tattoo which is on my upper left arm. I had it done to mark a reconciliation that I brought about between two of my cousins. They're brothers who had a very big bust up and stopped talking for nearly 10 years. I helped to bring about an understanding between them and they have been talking to each other since although still a bit strained at times. The three of us went to get a tattoo each to kind of mark the event. Well the reason I had it done was to mark the event really, It has a lot of meaning for me.

The picture Quality isn't too good but trying to take the shot myself when I am left handed normally wasn't easy lol

I have a heart on my right shoulder. I got it at the time to make myself remember something; now I keep it to forget. The next tattoo is a triple spiral - coming soon to my left shoulder.

Guest Renegade

I'm another wuss! I've spent my life trying to escape doctors needles, I can't bring myself to have one done!

I have one Tat, on my ankle. It's a simple little heart with a rose and stem through it. I got it when I was about 36. Since I don't tan well and live in the land of the melanoma, I am the whitest woman on the planet and my little tat looks like new.

I was trying to add some pictures of my a few of tatts, but the files were too large and I'm not that good on a computer....so until I figure it out, sorry, but I do have 13 tatts. In fact, going thru the pics here, Brian has one of mine, the wolf w/feather. Its on my left calf. I also have a Tiger Butterfly,,,need to see it,,,tigers face is surrounded by flowers & leaves to make it look like a butterfly. Then I have roses and tribal art. My newest is 1. )O( on my neck 2. is (*: (sorta) on my upper arm. If I can figure out the download , I'll post them.

Morgana email them to me privately or IM me on Yahoo, send them over and Ill resize them for you :)

I have two tattoos both really significant for me. One a little blue cresent moon on my right hand just under my pinkie, i got it done 2 years ago and it represents to me being a witch and my way of life :)

The second is my pride and joy! I have a nice big set of wings on my shoulders/back, not butterfly but more birdlike/angel style.I got it after finally breaking free of a lot bad situations and bad people and It represents my connection with the Fae and being free to be who i am without being ashamed, sometime it honestly feels like they are moving or vibrating on my back!

I wish i could show pics but until i have a camera or cable to my phone ...:'(

I plan on getting a filigree pentagram with my Initial in (R for Rose) and i also want to get a sun moon and star on the lower half of my back and ( cos im a bit of a fangirl) i would love to get the trinity blood cross on my thigh!!!! ( Trinity blood is a te awesome japanese anime lol)

Love everyones designs and tatts here...making me want to go and get some more done soon!

Thank you....one day I'll get them all up, at least my favorites, not the one on the old flabby belly!!!!! LOL!!!!

I have a pentacle on my left shoulder. I'll get a pic at some point. I plan on having other tats like an ankh or some other symbol that represents life and death, yinyang, snake, butterfly, and the Reiki icon. All of them mean something to me.

Yinyang: Balance of Male and Female Energies as well as Positive and Negitive energies (it's an important part of my practice)

Ankh: Symbol of life

Reiki: I practice and hold my First Degree in the Usui Tradition

Butterfly: One of my animal spirit guides-transformation and freedom as well as simple beauty

Snake: Another one of my spirit guides. It represents growth and rebirth, which is something I am always doing due to my healing nature. I have issues in my past that I wont go into, sufice to say they play a lot into my practice.

I have two...one on each "cheek" (rear end). One is a Yin/Yang in Blue and 'natural' with black bear paw prints in each side. The other is a dreamcatcher with a bird of prey (not a specific type - sort of hawk like though) on the center piece of the dreamcatcher.

GO

Guest Vende

Yay! Tattoos! I love tattoos as long as they dont consume so much of your body that you cant find it underneath:nono:

I have 4 tattoos.

Every has its own story.

First one is an elf on my back, beneath my neck. I have always loved elves, their strength, spirit, energy, gracefullnes, wisdom, clarity, well everything. Since I was a kid and read Hobbit for the first time :loveeyes: On the other hand she is showing her panties so its kinnda alter-ego stuff. :wink:

I have two letters written in elvish script behind my ear, initials from a long lost friend from whom I learned a lot about myself. People used to tease me "what will your husband say one day about you wearing another man's initials" and guess what fate had in store for them - my soon to be husband has the same initials. :fucku:

The third one is on my right wrist. A Phoenix. Not so much beacuse of the "rising from ashes" symbology but because he is a magical bird with tears that heal wounds and is able to carry many times his weight. I kinnda found myself in that...

And last one - a animagus on my leg. Yes, I know animagus is just a fictional name from Harry Potter (which I adore, so kill me...) but is an idea that I fell in love with even if I dont truly believe in it. I do however believe in spiritual transfiguration and animal spirit guides. Anyway, a half fox/half woman (in the middle of her transfiguration) and a futhark inscription saying "registered animagus".

I know it maybe sounds kinnda childish but I love my naive-beliefs-imaginnation-childish side. It fills me up. Maybe I get some pictures...

Guest Bean Sprite

The first tat is a gang one I recieved after getting the shit beat out of me for no good reason... I don't like what it represents, but it's a good reminder of my past and where not to go again.

The second tat was done in rememberance of Janis Joplin. It's similar to hers.

The third tat was a crayon drawing that my one and only baby girl did for me when she was 5. It is significant to me because she is a water sign. I had them replicate the drawing in tat, coloring out of the lines and all.

I want a water dragon that goes from the back of my neck to the right heal to sybolize that she is watching my back and rightly guiding my journey through life.

1188_thumb.attach

1189_thumb.attach

1190_thumb.attach

Edited by Bean Sprite

I have nine.

- A black dragon rearing back to strike on the left side of my neck, and another black dragon coiled on my left upper arm. My left side is "weak" and my black dragon is my protector (my spine curves to the left, I'm deaf in my left ear, and so on... I've been in hell for the past couple of weeks with back pain, eesh).

- A celtic cross with "Ave Maria!" under it on my right upper arm. I never felt "God" while I was growing up, but was often comforted by the Virgin Mother. I don't regret having the prayer tattooed on me, since She was (and still is, in various guises) a very large part of my life.

- "Unforgiven" across the back of my neck. I got that one when I "officially" left the church, after I refused to confess to certain things that I never considered to be sins.

- "Vincit qui se vincit", or "he conquers, who conquers himself" on my left upper arm. If you do not know yourself, you can't possibly begin to know anything outside of yourself. Introspection and self control are two of the most important things you must learn, in my opinion.

I also have the "Ohm" symbol, mine and my husbands initials, and such... but above listed tats are the ones that mean the most to me.

I have two so far. One is a purple crystal ball on my middle back, and the second I just had done in June while I was on vacation (my brother's tattooist did it for me, he's awesome!) It's a copy of the pentacle Dave bought me for my birthday, it's a five pointed flower. The necklace has tiny flowers around the edges, but I felt it would have been too intricate and busy to have that in the tattoo, so the guy came up with a thorn design which fits the design very well and I can have it expanded on later if I want to.

1193_thumb.attach

Sign in to follow this