Sign in to follow this  
Cairelle

Tattoos

My discussion with Scott on another thread got me to wondering about everyone else on here: Do you have tattoos? If so, where, what are they, and what do they represent to you, if anything?

I got my first tattoo very thoughtlessly. I was getting ready to be married to husband number two (heretofore known as Exhole) and during one partying kinda night we decided to get tattoos. He got a grim reaper to cover up his first wife's name, and I stupidly decided to get a heart on my right buttcheek with his name on the inside of the heart.

Fast-forward 12 or 13 years... Exhole and I are divorced and Kirk and I are back together again. I had grown so much as a person, having been to hell and back with Exhole, and I decided that I no longer wanted his name on my body. I went to see a tattooist here in New Orleans and explained that I wanted a cover up, and why... but was unsure as to how to choose what to get. I had been thinking of a butterfly or a spider. He talked with me for a few minutes, then told me to come back in a couple of hours and he'd have a drawing for me. When I came back he'd drawn the sweetest snake!! He told me that, after talking to me, he visualized a snake shedding old skin, and he thought I needed a bright one with personality. I loved her immediately and let him do his thing. She represents to me my coming of age and my realization of who I am as a woman.

I have plans for more tatts. I want a tiny fleur-de-lis on my left inner wrist. I want a blue crescent moon on my upper back/shoulder... something intricate and girly. I also want something symbolic of my family, but I haven't come up with anything yet. It will take some time...

SO... tell me about whatcha got!! (I'm going to look for a pic of Ms. Snake so I can show you.)

I don't think it's completely obvious that it's a coverup... that's one of the things I love about her... that and she has eyelashes, lol...

Hi KW think if you look around in the section on artwork you will find something there about tatts too, cant really help more than that as I have none myself:)

We have a similar old post about tattoos here too:

http://www.traditionalwitch.net/forums/showthread.php?t=183

The first one I got was a Unicorn when I was 17. I was going through a rebellious Peter Pan stage, didnt want to grow up but wanted it all anyway - this symbolised my need to live in a fantasy world.

The second tat I had done was after my two children were born, I decided to have their names carved into my arm like a celtic band. Most people think it is just a design and cannot see the names, which I like.

I then got a large flower design on my lower back to represent my freedom and express my happiness that I am who I know I am. A year later had 2 butterflies added to kind of show that I am still feeling solid in my beliefs and way of life and I decided to get my unicorn retouched as it was fading - however, the tattooist changed the design of the unicorn and although everyone told me it looks much better, I got attached to that first little rebel fantasy ;)

Unicorn:

http://www.traditionalwitch.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=68&d=1163878216

Arm Band

http://www.traditionalwitch.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=70&d=1163878639

Arm Band Close up

http://www.traditionalwitch.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=71&d=1163878639

Lower Back tat

http://www.traditionalwitch.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67&d=1163878216

..As I have already uploaded the pics, I just provided the links rather than thumbnails. If anybody cannot upload pictures for any reason but you have them somewhere else on the web - links to the pics are just as good :)

:)

Sweet...I've always wanted to get a tattoo that symbolizes my journey...I have one hand drawn of a wolf with wings in front of a moon but to be honest here guys I have this "teensy-bitsy" habit when it comes to doctors or anyone with needles...I tend to growl and knock them on their asses with a good left or right hook (depending on which fist flies up the quickest at the time LOL). The last doctor I went to about my spider bites learned the hard way about jabbing me with anything sharp...thank god he was military and it was in a Naval hospital...the bastard couldn't sue LOL! My hubby says he will go with me...when I am ready...but honestly I think it's more to laugh his ass off when I growl and flatten someone LOL

LMAO... They're not too terribly bad, Anjel!! The area gets numb pretty quick and from then on out it's just a really warm sensation... although I did have to take a break while I was having the snake outlined, lol... PHEW!!

I personally don't mind the discomfort of it... it's part of the process... but I handle pain pretty well too!

they are running together so soon it'll be one biiiiiiiiiiig one lol

Yeah my oldest daughter has several...she has this one in particular that I found amusing and liked...a spider web on her neck...same as that chick on NCIS t.v. show

I loooove the girly snake--she is so sweet looking, batting he gorgeous eyelashes at ya! :)

I have two thus far:

Back of neck: A shamrock. This represents my Irish Heritage. I got it after I broke it off with my fiance at the time. I had always wanted a tattoo on the back of my neck, he kept saying "no" (yes, I listened to him). So after I broke it off, I got one! I designed this myself, wanting something "celticy", but simple.

Tailbone: a butterfly. This represents creativity, beauty, and grace...three things I strive for (inside and out). I designed this myself, and have since found "stick on tattoos" in the same design. WTF? It wasn't even the greatest drawing...LOL.

Next my twin sis and I are getting a lovely stylized rose in honour of our grandmother who passed this summer. Her name was Eros, and after her passing she "stayed with me" for a while.

After that, I want to get the Elven Star on my right wrist, and the Wheel of Hekate on my left wrist.

Two pics:

shamrock1.jpg

butterflytat.jpg

I loooove the girly snake--she is so sweet looking, batting he gorgeous eyelashes at ya! :)

I have two thus far:

Back of neck: A shamrock. This represents my Irish Heritage. I got it after I broke it off with my fiance at the time. I had always wanted a tattoo on the back of my neck, he kept saying "no" (yes, I listened to him). So after I broke it off, I got one! I designed this myself, wanting something "celticy", but simple.

Tailbone: a butterfly. This represents creativity, beauty, and grace...three things I strive for (inside and out). I designed this myself, and have since found "stick on tattoos" in the same design. WTF? It wasn't even the greatest drawing...LOL.

Next my twin sis and I are getting a lovely stylized rose in honour of our grandmother who passed this summer. Her name was Eros, and after her passing she "stayed with me" for a while.

After that, I want to get the Elven Star on my right wrist, and the Wheel of Hekate on my left wrist.

Two pics:

shamrock1.jpg

butterflytat.jpg

Hhmmm....well hello Aelwyndaeira...those are nice tats...ok first thing...let's get straight to business here shall we? Its normally custom for new members to post an introduction (I checked and did not see yours) so everyone knows who they are and where they came from, etc.

Welcome...and I look forward to reading more of your posts. :)

Okay, I'm shortening your name to Aelwyn, lol... Is your twin a fraternal or identical one? It's nice that you're both getting a rose tatt in honor of your grandmother and I just LOVE her name!

Thanks, I love my snake girl too!! I can't wait to get more, seriously... I am just waiting so I can have them drawn to my liking.

My oldest daughter wants to get a tatt with her name, Kathryn, in Elvish LOL... It does look pretty! Youngest daughter already has two tatts: on her lower back she's got a scorpion (yep, she's one o' them stingin' sorts) with some vining in purple and black, and on her left wrist she has a fleur-de-lis. Husband has no tattoos, lol...

Welcome to TW, BTW... go post an intro and tell us about yourself!!

Aelwyndaeira, love the tattoos very nice.

And :welcome: to the forum

I design my own, so far I only have two but plan on more have a few others already drawn up.

The first I got is a dragonfly that i designed, stpry behind it really isnt special special lol My husband has a tribal dragonfly, an EX girlfriend told him the only way he could get a tattoo was if it was a dragonfly (her fav) well from the very first day I met him he whined and cried about that tattoo and how he wished he had never gotten in on and on and on...SO while he was out to sea for our first deployment (as a married couple) I drew up a dragonfly took it to the tattoo shop and got it on the same shoulder he has his, and when we got a mail drop I sent him a picture lol (seeing as submarines you cant send pics in emails so it was a month before he seen it gave it time to heal to so that was cool)

100_0048d.jpg

100_0069.jpg

the dragonfly ken had got.....

then my second tattoo I also designed my artist (whos names also ken lol) had to modify it a little to get it on my back he felt it was a little too big lol but I drew it up to repersent myself my daughter and my husband

Picture242jjj.jpg

the original drawing

100_0049f.jpg

and after I got it.

We have a similar old post about tattoos here too:

http://www.traditionalwitch.net/forums/showthread.php?t=183

The first one I got was a Unicorn when I was 17. I was going through a rebellious Peter Pan stage, didnt want to grow up but wanted it all anyway - this symbolised my need to live in a fantasy world.

The second tat I had done was after my two children were born, I decided to have their names carved into my arm like a celtic band. Most people think it is just a design and cannot see the names, which I like.

I then got a large flower design on my lower back to represent my freedom and express my happiness that I am who I know I am. A year later had 2 butterflies added to kind of show that I am still feeling solid in my beliefs and way of life and I decided to get my unicorn retouched as it was fading - however, the tattooist changed the design of the unicorn and although everyone told me it looks much better, I got attached to that first little rebel fantasy ;)

Unicorn:

http://www.traditionalwitch.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=68&d=1163878216

Arm Band

http://www.traditionalwitch.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=70&d=1163878639

Arm Band Close up

http://www.traditionalwitch.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=71&d=1163878639

Lower Back tat

http://www.traditionalwitch.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67&d=1163878216

..As I have already uploaded the pics, I just provided the links rather than thumbnails. If anybody cannot upload pictures for any reason but you have them somewhere else on the web - links to the pics are just as good :)

:)

LOVE your lower back one!!!!!!!!!! The others are really nice too!

Gorgeous isnt it :). I had the butterflies added a few months later and I am toying with the idea of having a few more sprinkled over me LOL (butterflies that is :)

Little late on this thread, but here are pics of my 3 newest tatts. I got these in on the fulll moon, Oct 2006, one month after my parents were killed. The bat is the symbol of rebirth (to me anyways). I designed all of them...wish the artist would have added a bit more beak to my raven; might have to get that fixed come to think of it.

I have 3 more besides these, all done at a major crossroads in my life.

The first pic didnt come out too well. It is a cauldron with a broom propped up beside it, a black cat and the full moon. It looks better in person;)

356_thumb.attach

357_thumb.attach

358_thumb.attach

My first tattoo was a tribal style dragon on my upper right arm when I was 18. Ive always been a fan of tribal art and always been fascinated by dragons. The second tattoo is of my birthsign (Libra) on my lower back. That one hurt like an SOB, but hey, it's over bone, what do you expect :) Im planning to get a few more. My parents got me a gift cerificate to the local tattoo place in my hometown. Very nice, clean place.

Sign in to follow this