23 replies to this topic

#21 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:13 PM

Bump,

I use aromatherapy a lot and recently was looking for some desk references by happy accident I ended up with the exact same books and would recommend them to any newbie. My issue was I knew lots about native plants in my area but not much about the more exotic plants out there so these books where a great help for filling in the blanks.

I wish the USA regulated essential oils at least a little because there is just so much misinformation and a lot of people dismiss it out of hand when it is a great medical tool when used correctly and with good material. I had tried ordering some sandalwood online and the crap I ended up with was more like pine sol than sandalwood very frustrating.

I had this problem as well. I ended up going to a vitamin supplement store to get mine. The oils were very good quality and a price to match which I expect from good quality product. In general I try to avoid any website or store that has a witchy theme because there are so many ignorant people out there that sell their wares after reading a few books.

This is the store where I picked up mine although I shopped in person so I could smell each oil that I purchased rather than online.

http://www.vitaminsh...|essential oils

#22 Kera

Kera

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

Ananda apocrothary is a very good website.

Kera

Why Pamper Life's Complexities When the Leather Runs Smooth On The Passenger Seat -Morrissey

#23 Athena

Athena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:24 PM

I live way out in the middle of nowhere lol the nearest health food store type place is hours away. I have one place I go to when I get there that does great but I pretty much have to order online or I'm sol. I found Katseye Blends they are in the UK and I love their oils they are not cheap because they are great and since they come from where there is some regulations I know what I'm getting. The first order got smushed by the postal demons and they replaced the broken bottle no problem it was Mysore sandalwood so not cheap I have been really impressed with him and his oils.

#24 Leighqt

Leighqt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 09:01 PM

Valerie Anne Wormwood  The Fragrant Pharmacy, The Fragrant Mind, 

Patricia Davis Aromatherapy A_- Z