Photo
- - - - -

clairknowing

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
61 replies to this topic

#41 seacow

seacow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:46 PM

Ah, learned something new! I'd never heard of "clairknowing" or "clairsentience", and I hadn't really ever even tried to find a word for what I could do. I don't really know answers to questions but, like someone else already mentioned, I usually sing a song that'll some up somewhere or just know who's behind a door or when to pick up my phone because someone is trying to call me. I can usually only "know" things that will happen in the next few minutes, I think that's partly because the future is ever changing.
And I'm one of those people who have strong reactions to touching a person or an object. Ever since I was a kid I've been able to feel past events or emotions, with people and things. Took me a while but I've gotten that under control, one fo the few things my grandmother was able to teach me was control over this particular talent. I don't really even think about it anymore. But if I've had a few drinks, well, I usually end up around a ton of crying people because I feel their emotions and get a "sense" of their past. Fun times!
Got a bit sidetracked there. Hope nobody minds!

#42 Abhainn

Abhainn

Lady Vagabond

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:09 PM

I used to get feelings of disconnectedness a lot as a child. when you suddenly fall back to earth to the here and now and see something for what it truly is without your own imagination, expectations projecting onto people or objects or places. I would look at a family members face and REALLY see them (not intending to though) and they would become strangely unfamiliar which I found very frightening, it almost caused me to have a panic attack. Its very hard to describe. I don't know if this is similar to what you've experienced?

I've had that happen, too. Both the feelings of being outside of my life (not a participant, but an observer), and seeing someone "for the first time," which can be very frightening.

Sometimes, though, when I'm "outside looking in" I can be more objective than when I'm wrapped up in emotions. Can be a very good thing.

~ Abhainn

"Run mad as often as you choose; but do not faint."
hagstones.blogspot.com

#43 FoxnFeather

FoxnFeather

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:10 PM

If I'm "clair" anything then it's clairsentient, but I've realised over time it's an overview sort of term. If you read back the posts here, you'll see it. The "knowing" part is there, but it's a warning, deer on the road or whatever, so doesn't that make it a premonition? (In that case, yes) My clairsentience is very in the moment, phone rings, I know who it is and what they've got to say. Or I'll walk into a room and know what everone is thinking, which can be fun if I'm in an evil mood. Or, my personal favourite, spotting a liar - they'll say something, I know what they REALLY mean, and answer that, aka the Headfuck :D Doesn't happen all the time, I couldn't begin to teach it, I don't think it's possible because I don't know how I do it, but that my take.

yes,yes,yes i had this, unfortunately not have, i went through i very stress full time and lost my 'knowing, i'm slowly building back up to what i had, its like seeing through new eyes.
anyone else have that?? when your 'in tune' with the people/environment around you everything seems sharper and brighter.

thanks everyone who replayed it was really insightful reading through this

#44 StarChilde

StarChilde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:49 PM

Hi.

Does anyone else use the term and have the ability of Clairknowing? In the last few years I have had feelings where I have just known things were going to happen a long time in advance (sometimes with images but sometimes not) but had never heard the word clairknowing before, clairvoyance and clairaudience yes, but not clairknowing. I initial thought it was a word I`d come across that one person had made up but now realise quite a few mediums use it.

Do you have this ability? I feel that it is much stronger than intuition but that it develops from using intuition. Sometimes I know years in advance about where I`m headed but can`t imagine how I will get there, hope that makes sense.

xx

Knowing events in advace is also known as precognitian. I have 'suffered' from this one as long as I can remember. I get two distinct types. The first is where I get flashes - like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle, but without knowing how big the finished puzzle is or what the picture will be. For me these are always terrible things, with a fire affinity. Plane crashes, train derailments, car accidents, bombings, shootings. Not very pleasant and always bad things. The second type is what I've always just called 'The Knowing' in which out of nowhere, I just 'know' something. Sometimes it can be good things other time bad things. If I pass a pregnant woman, I usually know the gender of the child she is carrying.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should

#45 Sarafina

Sarafina

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:49 PM

I have very strong clairsentence. I did not know the name of it for a long time. I just knew things and did not know how I knew it, I just did.

#46 Lilikate

Lilikate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:49 PM

I frequently experience clear thinking/knowing (as referred to in this thread). I'll start singing songs, before they come on the radio. Today, I started playing a scene from Underworld (the movie) in my mind, and it was on the TV, when I came home. It's silly stuff like that, most of the time.

I attended a family reunion today, which was fun. It was my whole family, not just the magical ones, which is still a good time. My family is all very close. I was sitting on the outskirts of the group looking in and felt terribly disconnected from everyone. They were talking and laughing. They were even talking to me, and I was responding, but I felt like I was floating around them. I truly felt like something was strange, but I can't tell if it is me or one of them or all of them. I don't know what to make of it. My aunt says not to worry about it, but I hate not knowing. Has anyone ever experienced this disconnected feeling in a group before?

Jevne

Old post, but I just wanted to say that all of this happens to me a lot - especially the signing songs and thinking of movies, and people I'm thinking about suddenly coming around. The disconnected feeling used to haunt me A LOT as a kid and through my teens. I would always describe it as 'I'm here, but I dont feel here...' and people would look at me like I was a bit off lol. It hasn't happened recently but if it does I will take it as a time to listen/observe, cuz that kinda feels like what I should be doing in that moment - whether I need to listen to what's going on around me or the voice inside. Hm.

I adore simple pleasures. They are the last refuge of the complex.

-Oscar Wilde

#47 LdyShalott

LdyShalott

NecRomancer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:55 PM

The disconnected feeling used to haunt me A LOT as a kid and through my teens. I would always describe it as 'I'm here, but I dont feel here...' and people would look at me like I was a bit off lol. It hasn't happened recently but if it does I will take it as a time to listen/observe, cuz that kinda feels like what I should be doing in that moment - whether I need to listen to what's going on around me or the voice inside. Hm.

This happens to me frequently; I have often attributed it to being an only child and having an ongoing tragedy in my younger years.Honed and refined the art of disconnect , living in my head as I call it, but really it feels more like I am on the faint edges of reality .. observing life but not a tangible part . And with this I will cease sharing, before someone thinks me in need of some serious professional help...
And to address the OP, yes clairsentience and claircognizance are some of my strongest gifts...

Most witches don’t believe in gods. They know that the gods exist, of course. They even deal with them occasionally. But they don’t believe in them. They know them too well. It would be like believing in the postman.  T.P.

In order to understand the living.. you have to commune with the dead..
You are a tiny little soul carrying around a corpse.-- Epictetus
All experience is an arch wherethrough gleams that untravelled world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move.

#48 Lilikate

Lilikate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:10 PM

This happens to me frequently; I have often attributed it to being an only child and having an ongoing tragedy in my younger years.Honed and refined the art of disconnect , living in my head as I call it, but really it feels more like I am on the faint edges of reality .. observing life but not a tangible part . And with this I will cease sharing, before someone thinks me in need of some serious professional help...
And to address the OP, yes clairsentience and claircognizance are some of my strongest gifts...

I don't think you need professional help, lol. If that's the case, most of us do. I totally understand the feeling of not being a tangible part of reality. It feels like I'm just in my head, looking around like I don't really belong. I've had the feeling last for a while, too, which can feel sorta weird. I wish I could feel it right now so I can describe it even better...

I adore simple pleasures. They are the last refuge of the complex.

-Oscar Wilde

#49 LdyShalott

LdyShalott

NecRomancer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:19 PM

I don't think you need professional help, lol. If that's the case, most of us do. I totally understand the feeling of not being a tangible part of reality. It feels like I'm just in my head, looking around like I don't really belong. I've had the feeling last for a while, too, which can feel sorta weird. I wish I could feel it right now so I can describe it even better...

Not to be dramatic or an extremist, I feel this way more often than I dont.. As my daughter would say, suppose it is "just how I roll"... Lol

Most witches don’t believe in gods. They know that the gods exist, of course. They even deal with them occasionally. But they don’t believe in them. They know them too well. It would be like believing in the postman.  T.P.

In order to understand the living.. you have to commune with the dead..
You are a tiny little soul carrying around a corpse.-- Epictetus
All experience is an arch wherethrough gleams that untravelled world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move.

#50 Aloe

Aloe

ridge running Ozark banshee..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:20 PM

This happens to me frequently; I have often attributed it to being an only child and having an ongoing tragedy in my younger years.Honed and refined the art of disconnect , living in my head as I call it, but really it feels more like I am on the faint edges of reality .. observing life but not a tangible part .

I can relate to this very well. I'd always attributed it in me to growing up in a fringe religion where we were very literally disconnected and intentionally seperated from the rest of society. Since I never could identify with the religious philosophy I was confined by during my formative years, I lived almost soley in my imagination, seeing the people around me as characters in a much less interesting story that I could easily tune out. Never really stopped, never had a reason too lol, I just learned to cross between the two more efficiently when I need to.

"The people who live in the Ozark country of Missouri and Arkansas were, until very recently, the most deliberately unprogressive people in the United States. Descended from pioneers who came West from the Southern Appalachians at the beginning of the nineteenth century, they made little contact with the outer world for more than a hundred years. They seem like foreigners to the average urban American, but nearly all of them come of British stock, and many families have lived in America since colonial days. Their material heirlooms are few, but like all isolated illiterates they have clung to the old songs and obsolete sayings and outworn customs of their ancestors." Ozark Magic and Folklore

#51 The Exile

The Exile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:37 PM

I can relate to what Aloe and Ldyshallot said. Jevne said something simular on here in a 2010 post about the way she felt in a party among others.

I was always like I'm not there, whether it is a party, or with my family, or at a bar. The feeling was like I was not there and I am observing them from a different level.

And if I happen to stare at some certain people or family members they seem to go trance like and start acting out routines which I see often and I see it as they all are programed a certain way.

Bizarre World that we live in.

#52 Pikkusisko

Pikkusisko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:07 PM

Yeah I certainly have a 'claire' about now and again. Generally speaking it's just 'knowing' things; so general I don't even recall on a daily basis. Occasionally I will freak out friends while watching 'Most Haunted Live' because I'll get the names before the psychic does. I used it to win bingo once; that was nice. Also, if I want something I'll usually find I know where to get it for the price I want etc. Example: Was recently given a book list, really wanted this book, just knew I would get it in a second hand book store nearby, found it hidden under 4 piles of books and bought it. All within an hour. Finding lost objects is more useful but things can't be forced with the 'claire' so it depends on when it feels like taking me. Getting general spirit help and making strange unconcious decisions (for example I alarmed everyone during a card game recently as I was thinking of the number '19' and so kept picking the same cards to add up to the number again and again) is a little different, as is deja vu, were I have the ability to change what I know will happen. They're all rather similar though.

I've also experienced disassociation. As a child I was a natural daydreamer but when my talkative sibling was born (the kid was fluent at 1 and what a motor-mouth!) I purposely began training myself to block him out. My issue was holding it for long periods of time. As a teenager, after a trauma, I disassociated so badly I lost my soul. I'm all fixed up now but I can pretty much disconnect whenever I feel like it for any period of time now. I usually abuse it to entirely disconnect when I'm having a very dull conversation or need to concentrate. I won't be hearing, I won't be seeing much but I will be on automatic so still will be able to have a basic conversation as well as keep an eye on whether or not something important is addressed, in which case I'll come back. I ended up doing it today and the only failing I can see in it is the fact I just 'stare', I won't blink for minutes and after a while people start to wonder. If people wouldn't talk so much about themselves I wouldn't need to do it...:pumpkin_rolleyes:

'There's rules to this stuff. Wishing an event to be changes elements before and after it. Memories will be destroyed, babies will not be born, potential worlds could be evaporated by your wish.' - Prismo

#53 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:28 AM

Old post, but I just wanted to say that all of this happens to me a lot - especially the signing songs and thinking of movies, and people I'm thinking about suddenly coming around. The disconnected feeling used to haunt me A LOT as a kid and through my teens. I would always describe it as 'I'm here, but I dont feel here...' and people would look at me like I was a bit off lol. It hasn't happened recently but if it does I will take it as a time to listen/observe, cuz that kinda feels like what I should be doing in that moment - whether I need to listen to what's going on around me or the voice inside. Hm.

I can relate to this very well. I'd always attributed it in me to growing up in a fringe religion where we were very literally disconnected and intentionally seperated from the rest of society. Since I never could identify with the religious philosophy I was confined by during my formative years, I lived almost soley in my imagination, seeing the people around me as characters in a much less interesting story that I could easily tune out. Never really stopped, never had a reason too lol, I just learned to cross between the two more efficiently when I need to.

I can relate to what Aloe and Ldyshallot said. Jevne said something simular on here in a 2010 post about the way she felt in a party among others.

I was always like I'm not there, whether it is a party, or with my family, or at a bar. The feeling was like I was not there and I am observing them from a different level.

And if I happen to stare at some certain people or family members they seem to go trance like and start acting out routines which I see often and I see it as they all are programed a certain way.

Bizarre World that we live in.

Yeah I certainly have a 'claire' about now and again. Generally speaking it's just 'knowing' things; so general I don't even recall on a daily basis. Occasionally I will freak out friends while watching 'Most Haunted Live' because I'll get the names before the psychic does. I used it to win bingo once; that was nice. Also, if I want something I'll usually find I know where to get it for the price I want etc. Example: Was recently given a book list, really wanted this book, just knew I would get it in a second hand book store nearby, found it hidden under 4 piles of books and bought it. All within an hour. Finding lost objects is more useful but things can't be forced with the 'claire' so it depends on when it feels like taking me. Getting general spirit help and making strange unconcious decisions (for example I alarmed everyone during a card game recently as I was thinking of the number '19' and so kept picking the same cards to add up to the number again and again) is a little different, as is deja vu, were I have the ability to change what I know will happen. They're all rather similar though.

I've also experienced disassociation. As a child I was a natural daydreamer but when my talkative sibling was born (the kid was fluent at 1 and what a motor-mouth!) I purposely began training myself to block him out. My issue was holding it for long periods of time. As a teenager, after a trauma, I disassociated so badly I lost my soul. I'm all fixed up now but I can pretty much disconnect whenever I feel like it for any period of time now. I usually abuse it to entirely disconnect when I'm having a very dull conversation or need to concentrate. I won't be hearing, I won't be seeing much but I will be on automatic so still will be able to have a basic conversation as well as keep an eye on whether or not something important is addressed, in which case I'll come back. I ended up doing it today and the only failing I can see in it is the fact I just 'stare', I won't blink for minutes and after a while people start to wonder. If people wouldn't talk so much about themselves I wouldn't need to do it...:pumpkin_rolleyes:

I can relate to this feeling very well.

#54 frauholda

frauholda

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:15 PM

I can relate to this feeling very well.

I too can relate to all the quotes Whiterose posted. I used to spend huge amounts of time in my head, the less happy I was with my life, the more the amount was.
Now I can only say all of this, the "disconnection" feeling and daydreaming has helped me a lot during my spellworking. When I visualize the results they are as vivid as I could touch them. Disconnecting also helps with blocking out the outside world and concentrating on the results. I believe it makes my working more succesful.
M

#55 Petra

Petra

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:57 AM

Yeah, me too. This has happened for me as far back as I can remember.
I think that for me it's two parts intuition and one part being able to read very, very subtle signs/cues that other people don't pick up on. But there aren't always signs. Sometimes I just "know," if that makes sense. I used to wonder how I know. Now I think it's something I was born with. My mother doesn't seem to be able to do it, so not sure where it came from. I also second-guess these knowings, sometimes. I think I'm just imagining things, or question whether I should believe my thoughts. :/ But that kind of happens in phases, as with everything spiritual in my life.

#56 Angeldreams

Angeldreams

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:43 AM

I have what I have called premonitionary dreams. I will dream it and then it will happen in my life step by step, exactly as it was dreamt. I don't know if that is a 'claire' anything or not. The biggest thing that happens for me is annoying to me at times. I seem to know what a person is about upon meeting them. I was always taught not to judge a book by it's cover but in my experience, I have known that a man was going to abusse his GF and exactly how he would use her son against her, all within 30 seconds of meeting him. I know events that are going to happen days, weeks or even months in advance. The reason I find these things annoying is because most of the things I 'know' are not good. I have tried to warn people and they never seem to listen. After the fact they have come to me saying, " Oh my god, I wish I had listened to you. Everything you told me was true." If the reason I have these gifts is not so I can warn people, what are they for? I have known when people I was close to were sick before they even had any symptoms. I have known when people were going to die. These are disturbing things for me. However, I have come to the conclusion that there is a reason I know these things, or see these things in my dreams, even if I don't understand it. I once blocked my gifts because I knew someone was going to die before it happened. It scared me so bad I made a very strong effort to make it stop. When I tried opening myself back up to these gifts, they were slow to come back. However, now they are back in full force. I hope one day to understand the reasoning for my knowing these things. The dreams are few and far between but I think that is because I have a stronger ability to pick up on people while awake. I just wish there was a way to make people listen when I try to save them from the pain and heartache that I foresee.

I guess everything happens for a reason. We are not always to know that reason. I will keep trying when I can. One day I may be able to truly help someone.

#57 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:18 PM

I don't think there is a reason for knowing. I don't think these things are "gifts" that are given by "something" that wants us to use them for greater good or for bane. They simply are - senses of changes in energy and sometimes being able to interpret them. Some people feel them more strongly than others and some don't, but a gift is something given by something/one else. I think these energy shifts and changes exist because they do, not becuase we are meant to use them in a greater plan by something to help or not help someone. People either are in tune with them or not, can learn to decipher them or not, and can use them to their own advantage or not. But it is just part of the lifestyle that exists and is everywhere for everyone; it's up to the person to notice them. I do not see them as gifts becuase that would imply there is some ambiguous "giver" of these gifts. One could develop allies with a specific thing, or petition something for information or vision on interpreting information, but the information is there. It's just a matter of tapping into it.

M

#58 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:52 AM

I don't think there is a reason for knowing. I don't think these things are "gifts" that are given by "something" that wants us to use them for greater good or for bane. They simply are - senses of changes in energy and sometimes being able to interpret them. Some people feel them more strongly than others and some don't, but a gift is something given by something/one else. I think these energy shifts and changes exist because they do, not becuase we are meant to use them in a greater plan by something to help or not help someone. People either are in tune with them or not, can learn to decipher them or not, and can use them to their own advantage or not. But it is just part of the lifestyle that exists and is everywhere for everyone; it's up to the person to notice them. I do not see them as gifts becuase that would imply there is some ambiguous "giver" of these gifts. One could develop allies with a specific thing, or petition something for information or vision on interpreting information, but the information is there. It's just a matter of tapping into it.

M

I would generally agree with this assessment. I get all kinds of information (good, bad, indifferent), most of which has little to no relevance or for which relevance is only obvious after the fact. In my experience, the only reason that people focus on the bad news is because that is what is likely to stick out in their minds. There is an abundance of everyday, normal, just people being human, type shit that passes through my clair-knowing filter. While this skill is part of my natural ability, which I would personally define as a "gift" from my ancestors, I do not see the knowledge itself as a gift, as it comes from my connection. Yes, I can use this information, as I see fit, possibly to help others, or more likely to help myself and mine, but I don't feel that because I have this information I am obligated to save the world. I may choose to do so, or maybe not. It depends.

#59 Angeldreams

Angeldreams

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:58 AM

Thank you Michelle and Jevne. I had never thought of it along those lines. I had always felt there had to be a reason. Looking at it the way you have put it makes it less difficult to deal with. Jevne, I understand that there are good things I know as well. However, the bad has usually overpowered the bad. I don't particularly like knowing when someone is going to die, especially someone I care about. Although I did block my knowing for a while, I came to realize that I have to accept the bad in order to have the good. I realize it comes in super handy while driving. I just 'know' when someone is going to cut me off for example. I can prevent an ensuing accident by 'knowing'. A very good friend of mine went to the hospital for something COPD related and I just knew he had cancer. I chose not to tell him because I didn't want to be the barer of bad news. The doctors ran their tests and told him two days later. I guess I just have the need to try to help people when I know something that I can try to prevent. It doesn't usually help because people seldom listen to me. Of course I don't walk up to perfect strangers spewing what I know, they would think I am insane. But those that know me and know of my ability to know things I will try to help. Somehow they know that I am not lying but they choose not to listen. It just gets aggravating is all.

#60 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:31 AM

Perhaps you don't need to prevent. Perhaps the kind thing to do (should you wish to help) would be to help the person accept and deal with it. There's always two sides to every coin.

M