Photo
- - - - -

clairknowing

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
61 replies to this topic

#21 Panacea

Panacea

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 06:22 PM

I was sitting on the outskirts of the group looking in and felt terribly disconnected from everyone. They were talking and laughing. They were even talking to me, and I was responding, but I felt like I was floating around them. I truly felt like something was strange, but I can't tell if it is me or one of them or all of them. I don't know what to make of it. My aunt says not to worry about it, but I hate not knowing. Has anyone ever experienced this disconnected feeling in a group before?

Jevne

I used to get feelings of disconnectedness a lot as a child. when you suddenly fall back to earth to the here and now and see something for what it truly is without your own imagination, expectations projecting onto people or objects or places. I would look at a family members face and REALLY see them (not intending to though) and they would become strangely unfamiliar which I found very frightening, it almost caused me to have a panic attack. Its very hard to describe. I don't know if this is similar to what you've experienced?

"Mind is the Master-power that molds and makes, and Man is Mind, and ever more he takes the Tool of Thought, and shaping what he wills, brings forth a thousand joys, a thousand ills-He thinks in secret and it comes to pass; Environment is but his looking-glass.”

- James Allen

#22 Guest_Chatters_*

Guest_Chatters_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:53 AM

Hi everyone

Interesting, have never heard of this term before. This is a sense I have had a lot and my Mam has too. I have no control over it at all. If I try to practice it, nothing happens usually. I have known when someone has passed away and the phone rings, its just a sudden feeling or thought/image. I have also known when large changes are coming, I can feel them. This has been especially true this last year. There has been smaller other things especially when I have doing the tarot cards and have known the next card before I have turned it over. Again it just happens, when I try to do it, I seem to lose the sense. I also need to build confidence in my abilities as I still question myself quite a bit

#23 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 01:33 AM

Hi everyone

Interesting, have never heard of this term before. This is a sense I have had a lot and my Mam has too. I have no control over it at all. If I try to practice it, nothing happens usually. I have known when someone has passed away and the phone rings, its just a sudden feeling or thought/image. I have also known when large changes are coming, I can feel them. This has been especially true this last year. There has been smaller other things especially when I have doing the tarot cards and have known the next card before I have turned it over. Again it just happens, when I try to do it, I seem to lose the sense. I also need to build confidence in my abilities as I still question myself quite a bit

Clairknowing is not a term that I would normally use either, but this thread seemed to be the right place to make my comments. Most of the time, my family refers to this as the gift or does not refer to it at all. It just is.

Jevne

#24 Guest_Chatters_*

Guest_Chatters_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:45 PM

I was sitting on the outskirts of the group looking in and felt terribly disconnected from everyone. They were talking and laughing. They were even talking to me, and I was responding, but I felt like I was floating around them. I truly felt like something was strange, but I can't tell if it is me or one of them or all of them. I don't know what to make of it. My aunt says not to worry about it, but I hate not knowing. Has anyone ever experienced this disconnected feeling in a group before?

Jevne

Hi Jevne

Yes your aunts advice is right as Droghon said, Let it pass, acknowledge it. Even saying something out loud can help take the edge off it.

As panacea said, I think I know the feeling you mean, mine is also similar to panacea's.

I used to get feelings of disconnectedness a lot as a child. when you suddenly fall back to earth to the here and now and see something for what it truly is without your own imagination, expectations projecting onto people or objects or places. I would look at a family members face and REALLY see them (not intending to though) and they would become strangely unfamiliar which I found very frightening, it almost caused me to have a panic attack. Its very hard to describe. I don't know if this is similar to what you've experienced?

I tend to let the feeling pass, not really knowing if it was a part of my imagination or not. Still working on that one. What I feel is a floating sensation, a feeling of not being there. I feel fine, happy etc just before it, don't feel dizzy or anything like that or anxious which I know some people may attribute this feeling to something like that. However I don't always ignore any other reasons that may be more physical in nature. I may meditate on it or simply check my gut feeling afterwards as sometimes other things can follow. Feelings about people -i.e feeling what someone else is feeling, but not always clear, again I am working on how I can clear things up for myself.

Clairknowing is not a term that I would normally use either, but this thread seemed to be the right place to make my comments. Most of the time, my family refers to this as the gift or does not refer to it at all. It just is.
Jevne

As for it being a gift, yes it is. For me It it reminds me that our physical bodies are not completely separate from the spirit world and also that we are not so separate from each other.

Edited by Chatters, 27 July 2010 - 11:10 PM.

#25 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:04 PM

Hello, Chatters:

Your site is nice, well put together and easy to read/follow. It is not Traditional Witchcraft. In fact, it is very Wiccan in approach and philosophies, which is fine. It's just an observation, not a criticism. You have done a nice job presenting the information.

Jevne

#26 Guest_Chatters_*

Guest_Chatters_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:39 PM

Hello, Chatters:

Your site is nice, well put together and easy to read/follow. It is not Traditional Witchcraft. In fact, it is very Wiccan in approach and philosophies, which is fine. It's just an observation, not a criticism. You have done a nice job presenting the information.

Jevne

Hi Jevne

I did breath in and out when I saw that :vhappywitch: However I can't disagree.
Thank you, its good to get good constructive feedback. And no I don't take this as a criticism at all. I have thought that myself on occasions, that some of my philosophies are quite Wiccan. However the aspect of Wicca that doesnt feel right to me is the part that seems to be quite heavily centred around light energies and more light without the dark aspects. I believe that we can't have one without the other. Having said that I struggle with the darker elements, both what I find in myself and in spirit. I still have a lot of accepting to do of that side of me.

I am beginning to think and feel that my approach is certainly more Eclectic with a strong Green Craft in there too. I don't mind using a varied combination of Celtic / folklore and Eastern, Ethic beliefs. Which seems to suit how I work. I'm also turning out to be much more practical in nature - i.e I prefer to make things such as charms or other practises such as planting herbs and so on. Anyway I am starting to go on a bit. I will stop there as I don't want to go off thread too much

#27 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:58 PM

Hi Jevne

I did breath in and out when I saw that :vhappywitch: However I can't disagree.
Thank you, its good to get good constructive feedback. And no I don't take this as a criticism at all. I have thought that myself on occasions, that some of my philosophies are quite Wiccan. However the aspect of Wicca that doesnt feel right to me is the part that seems to be quite heavily centred around light energies and more light without the dark aspects. I believe that we can't have one without the other. Having said that I struggle with the darker elements, both what I find in myself and in spirit. I still have a lot of accepting to do of that side of me.

I am beginning to think and feel that my approach is certainly more Eclectic with a strong Green Craft in there too. I don't mind using a varied combination of Celtic / folklore and Eastern, Ethic beliefs. Which seems to suit how I work. I'm also turning out to be much more practical in nature - i.e I prefer to make things such as charms or other practises such as planting herbs and so on. Anyway I am starting to go on a bit. I will stop there as I don't want to go off thread too much

If it works for you and makes you happy, that is what matters.

Jevne

#28 Blue Spider

Blue Spider

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 01:54 AM

Older thread but thought I'd add to it in case anyone newer, like me, lurks in. This is also known as claircognance. This is one of the strongest ways I get messages from my guides.

#29 Marion

Marion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 10:09 PM

If I'm "clair" anything then it's clairsentient, but I've realised over time it's an overview sort of term. If you read back the posts here, you'll see it. The "knowing" part is there, but it's a warning, deer on the road or whatever, so doesn't that make it a premonition? (In that case, yes) My clairsentience is very in the moment, phone rings, I know who it is and what they've got to say. Or I'll walk into a room and know what everone is thinking, which can be fun if I'm in an evil mood. Or, my personal favourite, spotting a liar - they'll say something, I know what they REALLY mean, and answer that, aka the Headfuck :D Doesn't happen all the time, I couldn't begin to teach it, I don't think it's possible because I don't know how I do it, but that my take.
"Bart, the ability to add two-digit numbers does not make you a witch" ~ Lisa Simpson

Always up to witchery ~ Marion

#30 Solice

Solice

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 11:34 PM

I dont know what "clair" I have and I dont worry about labelling it either. Its something I just do! I have known when people will pass away, I have seen events happen before they actually manifest, I have felt things happen without being told, known others motives. Ive always just thought of it as intuitive, Ive enjoyed reading the comments posted. Im a little wiser now than I was before.

#31 Brigid

Brigid

Beyond The Bullshit...........yeah, even yours.......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 12:51 AM

Wow, you just described me!!
Well done!

Ritualistic behaviour, though well-intentioned, possesses no significance or effectiveness unless its external prescription is matched by a personal, internal motivation of will and desire.

#32 LightBurner

LightBurner

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:12 AM

Edit: While I was replying to a post on precognition/premonition, so many instances where I had Clairknowing came back to mind... and I realized that it does happen to me more often that I had first said in this thread... So yes! It happens to me a lot!...

Edited by LightBurner, 20 August 2011 - 10:34 AM.

#33 Brigid

Brigid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:27 PM

All of these things started happening to me when I was just a young child! It's either a gift or a curse depending on how you deal with it, but it is my opinion that it is something you are born with and neccesarly conncted to witchcraft.
Ritualistic behaviour, though well-intentioned, possesses no significance or effectiveness unless its external prescription is matched by a personal, internal motivation of will and desire.

#34 Brigid

Brigid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:09 PM

I meant to say NOT neccesarly having to do with witchcraft!

#35 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:20 AM

Hi.

Does anyone else use the term and have the ability of Clairknowing? In the last few years I have had feelings where I have just known things were going to happen a long time in advance (sometimes with images but sometimes not) but had never heard the word clairknowing before, clairvoyance and clairaudience yes, but not clairknowing. I initial thought it was a word I`d come across that one person had made up but now realise quite a few mediums use it.

Do you have this ability? I feel that it is much stronger than intuition but that it develops from using intuition. Sometimes I know years in advance about where I`m headed but can`t imagine how I will get there, hope that makes sense.

xx

Yes, I do. It comes in quite handy, but at other times...

#36 Marabet

Marabet

Miss Clavel's Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 10:47 PM

This happens to me often, "clear knowing". I had no idea there was a name for it. It's as if something just clicks, like you are going about talking to someone and then all of a sudden the clouds part and time slows and you are just there and you know. It is the most interesting feeling, intense but not in an overpowering way.

I also have had those feelings of disconectedness. Those seem to come on more often than not of late, unfortunately.

I ran to a tower where the church bells chime
I hoped that they would clear my mind
They left a ringing in my ear
But that drum's still beating loud and clear

{Florence + The Machine 'Drumming Song'}

#37 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 12:19 AM

... I was sitting on the outskirts of the group looking in and felt terribly disconnected from everyone. They were talking and laughing. They were even talking to me, and I was responding, but I felt like I was floating around them. I truly felt like something was strange, but I can't tell if it is me or one of them or all of them. I don't know what to make of it. My aunt says not to worry about it, but I hate not knowing. Has anyone ever experienced this disconnected feeling in a group before?

Jevne

When in a group of people I will often get the sudden feeling like I am watching a movie rather than actually being there.

M

#38 Elvira

Elvira

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:54 AM

I can often tell of an event that has happened in someone's past, or future by touch, either holding a persons hand or a hug. Once an aquaintance who I barely knew (we were on a boat on holiday) grabbed my hand and I had this strongest 'feelng' of the word ' fire ' being yelled at me, in my head. I did ask her about it and she told me she had once helped rescue someone form a building that was burning down.

I also 'knew', without any doubts, that my Dad was dying a good 6 months before any Drs or my family did, ( he had no symptoms of ill health at all), my family only found out 5 days before he died from the dr's in the hospital. As I was drving him there a week prior to this, I again had this feeing of shouting in my head telling me this was a one way trip for Dad.

The 'disassociation', as i call it, that Jevne and others descibe, i have experienced too. I think of it as a tuning out, as my mind/spirit/soul wants to be elsewhere

#39 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 02:07 AM

I can often tell of an event that has happened in someone's past, or future by touch, either holding a persons hand or a hug.

Which is exactly why I do not like to be touched by people outside my inner circle of family and friends. :)

J

#40 RavenFlyer

RavenFlyer

Backwoods Witch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 02:15 AM

Which is exactly why I do not like to be touched by people outside my inner circle of family and friends. :)

J

Me too Jevne. I'll often times take a step back and turn away and quickly ask a question if someone I am unfamiliar with tries to shake my hand.
A lot of times I can shut that off and not have a problem. But every once in a while I'll forget to shield or my intuition will just supercede my shield.

I also find when I walk into an unfamiliar house, or location I will pick up feelings, energies of the place. But as long as I don't touch anything (walls, handrails, etc) visions and thoughts don't flood my brain.

My ETSY store:

Appalachian Witchery http://www.etsy.com/...lachianWitchery