Photo
- - - - -

you know what????

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#21 Aloe

Aloe

ridge running Ozark banshee..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:15 PM

Got my Lenormand cards yesterday! Haven't done much work with them yet, but I can say for sure they don't feel dead. lol
"The people who live in the Ozark country of Missouri and Arkansas were, until very recently, the most deliberately unprogressive people in the United States. Descended from pioneers who came West from the Southern Appalachians at the beginning of the nineteenth century, they made little contact with the outer world for more than a hundred years. They seem like foreigners to the average urban American, but nearly all of them come of British stock, and many families have lived in America since colonial days. Their material heirlooms are few, but like all isolated illiterates they have clung to the old songs and obsolete sayings and outworn customs of their ancestors." Ozark Magic and Folklore

#22 EarthFaery

EarthFaery

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 06:31 PM

In my experience, it's understanding how your subconscious mind communicates with your conscious mind. Once the 2 come together, you can divine with just about anything, it becomes second nature.
☆•´¯`♊•☀•♍.¸¸.☾•♍´¯`•☆
-my stamp in the universe

#23 Absinthe

Absinthe

Inquisitor's Bane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 01:12 AM

Nothing terribly exciting. I just wanted to say that I got some Lenormand cards. I've had the same old deck of Tarot cards for years and thought the Lenormand cards might be a bit over-simplified with such a basic and obvious symbolism. As soon as I did my first spread I absolutely loved them. So what if the symbolism is obvious? It took me years to master the Tarot and I still miss the deeper intricacies. And anyway, I think the cards work on your own senses in such a way that you read them at different levels depending on your experience. These seem to shout out obvious answers to me, whereas I always had to work hard at digging out the Tarot interpretations. Love, love, love my new cards!

Nosce te ipsum, et sapere aude