Photo
- - - - -

you know what????

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#1 Dawn

Dawn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 12:59 PM

:witchnana::witchnana::witchnana:Im severly crap at divination !!!!! Thought id just share :):witchnana::witchnana::witchnana:

#2 Amber

Amber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:03 PM

LOL :D - But I bet you're skilled at other witchy things :witch_bounce:

What have you been trying - Tarot/Runes/Scrying etc????

Every time I see those bouncing bananas... I get the sense that you're not so bothered by it anyhow! LOL :D

Amber xxx

"Trust thyself: every heart vibrates to that iron string." Ralph Waldo Emerson.

"Every natural fact is a symbol of some spiritual fact." Ralph Waldo Emerson.

#3 Dawn

Dawn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:07 PM

LOL :D - But I bet you're skilled at other witchy things :witch_bounce:

What have you been trying - Tarot/Runes/Scrying etc????

Every time I see those bouncing bananas... I get the sense that you're not so bothered by it anyhow! LOL :D

Lol not really. Been trying with Tarot since i was 14 , thought i was Mystic Meg at times but was just making it up i think !!!

But i have tried it all over the years and i just aint feelin' it if you know what I mean.

Fine with bang on intuition, to the point where it gets a little boring sometimes, and a wicked spell caster but such a poor excuse of a Divinator :)

#4 Nautonnier

Nautonnier

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:29 PM

so...seeing that you have the intuition...
you dont really need the divination isnt it!

give me intution every day!

much more.....active.,...is that the right word..

although..hmm..
Maybe you are trying to push yourself into someone elses mould of "how" to divine....

if you apply your intuition and throw away the Guidebook....make your own rules...intuitively...

That should be easier..and you might be very shocked at the accuracy of your predictions!

above all ...have Fun!

maybe make up your own system....or try witch stones...

I have the descriptives somewhere.....if I can find it...my computer skills are crap...so I dont know how to get a scan up here yet...

Rider-waite...will give good results...simply because of the Huge volume of People using them.....its one of those "laws" of energy...

http://en.wikipedia....aite_tarot_deck

the MORE...people getting a particular result from something...the more easier it is to use....
Thats why all the Golden dawn stuff is so rigid
and Other ceremonial as well...although I am not sure how much those people using it actually understand "why" something works...

best of luck!

#5 Amber

Amber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:38 PM

Fine with bang on intuition, to the point where it gets a little boring sometimes, and a wicked spell caster but such a poor excuse of a Divinator :)

Sounds good enough to me!!!!

Amber xxx

"Trust thyself: every heart vibrates to that iron string." Ralph Waldo Emerson.

"Every natural fact is a symbol of some spiritual fact." Ralph Waldo Emerson.

#6 circelilith

circelilith

Ode to no one

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:44 PM

Nautonnier makes a very valid point. I still havent found a divination system that works for me perfectly although saying that I do have a set of goddess and angels oracle set which i use when i feel the time is right and that is always giving me a good reading.

Try different cards until you find something you click with :) or as Nautonnier said, make up something for yourself. a normal playing deck of cards, dice, even the weather can be interesting and new ways of trying divination. I know somewhere in this particular thread Anjelwolf posted a list of different divination methods. Ill see if I can find it for you :)

"My church is not of silver and gold,
Its glory lies beyond judgement of souls
The commandments are of consolation & warmth
You know our sacred dream won't fail
The sanctury tender and so frail
The sacrament of love
The sacrament of warmth is true
The sacrament is you"
H.I.M

#7 Dandelion

Dandelion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 11:38 PM

I was in the same boat as you Dawn, until I picked myself up my newest deck. I think someone mentioned it on here. Its called the "Housewives Tarot" with neat 50's artwork. I got the deck in December and I just clicked with it. The first couple readings I did were spot on and I just felt comfortable with it.

I never really was good with the traditional ones, I just didn't connect with them. I even tried a few animal oracle decks, and those didn't fit either.

I think you really just need to find what works for you, even if it may be a little less traditional. lol I mean I'm loving my deck now, and I connect with the images too which I think helps.

#8 circelilith

circelilith

Ode to no one

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:00 AM

http://www.tradition...read.php?t=3867

this thread here has a list of different divinations have a look and see if u like any of these.

"My church is not of silver and gold,
Its glory lies beyond judgement of souls
The commandments are of consolation & warmth
You know our sacred dream won't fail
The sanctury tender and so frail
The sacrament of love
The sacrament of warmth is true
The sacrament is you"
H.I.M

#9 Nyxiah

Nyxiah

Mistress of Twisted Bats

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:49 AM

I do find Tarot to be very complicated at times but that's just because i'm learning and i haven't mastered it yet - Oracle cards can be an easier step into tarot - they are very to the point and simple, maybe try working with these?
I make the path - Alice from Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland.

#10 Maypole

Maypole

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 11:20 AM

so...seeing that you have the intuition...
you dont really need the divination isnt it!

give me intution every day!

I`ll agree with that. I`ve had some amazing intuition and thought I was just imagining stuff that was gonna happen, but when you trust it you realise that it is invaluable and that you CAN predict what is gonna happen through it.

xx

#11 Kiara

Kiara

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 07:27 AM

I see it that way, too. You don't need anything. Even cards or other divinatory things are only something like a catalysator. They merely help concentrating or meditating or whatever. I could sit down and simply tell people what they want to know. It's a state of mind. Hard to describe. Normally, I can already tell someone over the telephone what kind of problem they have and where it's leading. (My hubby doesn't like me doing that, though). My cards fulfill the purpose of setting a scenery. People tend to open themselves/their thoughts when they see the cards and their discomfort is lessend (most people don't fancy being read like an open book).

Come time, come the cards or whatever you feel's right for you. And if they don't, maybe you just don't need it/them.

Scientists say it's impossible for a bumble bee to fly - their wings are too small.
Who's going to explain that to the bumble bees?

Avatar from http://www.josephinewall.co.uk/

#12 Faerydae

Faerydae

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 02:57 PM

have you ever thought about making your own set of cards? I have to admit I've never done it but knew someone who knew someone...having said that maybe they just aren't the right tool for you? Or maybe you just don't need them:witchnana:?

#13 spider*lily

spider*lily

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:44 PM

I was in the same boat as you Dawn, until I picked myself up my newest deck. I think someone mentioned it on here. Its called the "Housewives Tarot" with neat 50's artwork.

Oh that's right up my street - must get me a set! I've actually just ordered the Lenormand Deck as I really connected with them quite quickly on the free Interactive download I got here. But I'm off to Amazon right now to get these - I am a lover of that whole era. Thanks for the tip! <3

#14 Jason

Jason

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:14 PM

Oh that's right up my street - must get me a set! I've actually just ordered the Lenormand Deck as I really connected with them quite quickly on the free Interactive download I got here. But I'm off to Amazon right now to get these - I am a lover of that whole era. Thanks for the tip! <3

The Lenormand Deck seem to be gaining popularity dont they.

There was a rather good book I read about them. I havent worked with them myself, as I use cartomancy more, but they do look very interesting. I can see why many are drawn to them.

He who is illuminated with the Darkest Shadow,
will shine with the Brightest Light

#15 Grimr

Grimr

Gandreidh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 06:22 AM

I have to say that being an advent Cartomancer it was difficult for me to use any deck besides playing cards due to their often judeo-christian/ceremonial magic sybolism - however the Lenormand deck is fantastic as it speaks through series of pictoral parameters that are very primal in sense. For example the symbol of the ring - promises, engagment, universal, etc. it allows for a more direct "fortune-telling" experience that I do not get with the Tarot cards (personaly of course)
"Nothing is truly forgotten about the Arte, for within it's own domain - The Circle - the spirits will speak to those with ears to hear." - Andrew D. Chumbley

"And thus the Flesh of Clay was flayed, and from Earth's greenery, a New Flesh made!"

#16 Brigid

Brigid

Beyond The Bullshit...........yeah, even yours.......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 01:13 PM

Your intuition IS your tool!! Cards are just that and if you don't need them, more power to you!! (they are just tools anyway)
Ritualistic behaviour, though well-intentioned, possesses no significance or effectiveness unless its external prescription is matched by a personal, internal motivation of will and desire.

#17 Willau

Willau

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 02:48 PM

:pumpkin:Hey All! I haven't been around much, but I thought I'd poof in & throw in a thought to this.

I agree the cards are just tools. You may trying to read into thier individual meanings too hard. I find sometimes it's better to lay the cards out, gaze at them while thinking of the question at hand & let them play out like a story book. It may take a little time & may even help to walk away & come back to them.

They seem to "speak" louder when you look at them as a whole picture story, rather than trying to decipher each individual meaning of each card.

Edited by Willau, 15 October 2009 - 02:53 PM.

#18 Aloe

Aloe

ridge running Ozark banshee..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:42 PM

I have to say that being an advent Cartomancer it was difficult for me to use any deck besides playing cards due to their often judeo-christian/ceremonial magic sybolism - however the Lenormand deck is fantastic as it speaks through series of pictoral parameters that are very primal in sense. For example the symbol of the ring - promises, engagment, universal, etc. it allows for a more direct "fortune-telling" experience that I do not get with the Tarot cards (personaly of course)

I just ordered a Lenormand deck, I am anxious to work with it. :) The typical Tarot deck just didn't work for me, in fact I got so frustrated with it that I threw it in the dumpster several years ago. It felt dead to me. Regular playing cards are the only thing so far that I've had luck with using for readings. But when I saw he Lenormand and noticed that it made use of the regular card suits, I couldn't wait to give it a try.

Anyone else use it? What do you think?

Off to check out Sandy's interactive download...

"The people who live in the Ozark country of Missouri and Arkansas were, until very recently, the most deliberately unprogressive people in the United States. Descended from pioneers who came West from the Southern Appalachians at the beginning of the nineteenth century, they made little contact with the outer world for more than a hundred years. They seem like foreigners to the average urban American, but nearly all of them come of British stock, and many families have lived in America since colonial days. Their material heirlooms are few, but like all isolated illiterates they have clung to the old songs and obsolete sayings and outworn customs of their ancestors." Ozark Magic and Folklore

#19 Lela

Lela

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:48 PM

I just ordered a Lenormand deck, I am anxious to work with it. :) The typical Tarot deck just didn't work for me, in fact I got so frustrated with it that I threw it in the dumpster several years ago. It felt dead to me. Regular playing cards are the only thing so far that I've had luck with using for readings. But when I saw he Lenormand and noticed that it made use of the regular card suits, I couldn't wait to give it a try.

Anyone else use it? What do you think?

Off to check out Sandy's interactive download...

I read with the Lenormand and it is definitely more direct than tarot. Since discovering it, I have accumulated quite a collection of different Lenormand decks. I haven't used Sandy's Lenormand program, but I have heard good things from others who have used it. The method that I use is from Sylvie Steinbach's book The Secrets of the Lenormand Oracle, which is not the "traditional" method for reading Lenormand, but none the less, it works for me. Another good, but more traditional method of reading the Lenormand comes from the Treppner e-book Lenormand course. Both are good, really can't go wrong with either one.

#20 Aloe

Aloe

ridge running Ozark banshee..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 04:09 PM

I read with the Lenormand and it is definitely more direct than tarot. Since discovering it, I have accumulated quite a collection of different Lenormand decks. I haven't used Sandy's Lenormand program, but I have heard good things from others who have used it. The method that I use is from Sylvie Steinbach's book The Secrets of the Lenormand Oracle, which is not the "traditional" method for reading Lenormand, but none the less, it works for me. Another good, but more traditional method of reading the Lenormand comes from the Treppner e-book Lenormand course. Both are good, really can't go wrong with either one.

Thanks, I'll see if I can locate the ebook. :)

"The people who live in the Ozark country of Missouri and Arkansas were, until very recently, the most deliberately unprogressive people in the United States. Descended from pioneers who came West from the Southern Appalachians at the beginning of the nineteenth century, they made little contact with the outer world for more than a hundred years. They seem like foreigners to the average urban American, but nearly all of them come of British stock, and many families have lived in America since colonial days. Their material heirlooms are few, but like all isolated illiterates they have clung to the old songs and obsolete sayings and outworn customs of their ancestors." Ozark Magic and Folklore