Wow

Scott

Greetings All

You know as we are all over the wee mudball I often think about it. Recently I wqas shown my place from the sky and thought I'd share it so you can see my fantastic little corner of the world ... and look! The car is in the driveway meaning that we are home! lol!

Fraternally

Scott206_thumb.attach

Hey Scott, is that from Google Earth? I downloaded that recently and have had a blast with it... but then again I'm easily entertained, lol...

Greetings AW KW

Yeah I saw this and like a damn tourist said "Hey! Lookee dat - das mah howse!" lol Ahhh me gadgets get me every time .. hell I am STILL amazed over those avon oragne peeker doodads - the little plastic crochet hook things - they just strike me as being so damn clever! lol

Anyhow - at least you all get to see what I mean when I say that our house is surrounded by trees. The run off creek goes in between that left hand side clump and curls round the back ... which means plenty of this in the summer:

207_thumb.attach208_thumb.attach209_thumb.attach210_thumb.attach211_thumb.attach

Indeed I think secretly that it is a MIX of teh work we do here, the trees and our wildlife that makes our back verandah a place several have copme to visit and just sit on to soothe their troubles away. And it is where the missus grew up and now where our kids are growin up - can't get much better than that I reckon! *G*

Fraternally

Scott

Your home sounds simply wonderful... and how lucky your children are that they have that sense of history!

I love that about living in New Orleans. My first memory is of walking down Carrollton Avenue here, a place that my grandmother walked as a child with HER grandmother. There are places all over the city, that when I pass, I think "My grandmother was right there as a girl." It means so much to me, that chain of time and events and places that links me to those that came before. I am working to make sure that MY grandchildren and great-grandchildren know where they came from as well.

Archived